WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech Day!!!

3 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tech Day!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tech Day!!!

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2008 4:35 pm

Not sure how you are getting a leak because we put sealant on the gasket before throwing on the header. I would say go back and tighten the bolts but that would be impossible with everything back together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:Not sure how you are getting a leak because we put sealant on the gasket before throwing on the header. I would say go back and tighten the bolts but that would be impossible with everything back together.

i tighetend those suckers really tight. i really think it's where that split it...if not the gasket may not have seated like it did the first time. It prolly would have been a good idea to check for leaks before putting the k member back on...hindsight is always 20/20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2008 5:05 pm

SteviGX wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:Not sure how you are getting a leak because we put sealant on the gasket before throwing on the header. I would say go back and tighten the bolts but that would be impossible with everything back together.

i tighetend those suckers really tight. i really think it's where that split it...if not the gasket may not have seated like it did the first time. It prolly would have been a good idea to check for leaks before putting the k member back on...hindsight is always 20/20

Oh well guess there is always dropping the k member again. We should be pros at it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2008 8:59 pm

haha learn for the next instal lol check for leaks before you put the K member back up hha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:22 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
SteviGX wrote:

Oh well guess there is always dropping the k member again. We should be pros at it now.

haha! screw that!

Are there locking bolts on those header gaskets?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:29 am

yeah, driver side is all the stock locking ones. i think you should get the ford racing ones and some percy gaskets so you never have to do it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:48 am

SteviGX wrote:yeah, driver side is all the stock locking ones. i think you should get the ford racing ones and some percy gaskets so you never have to do it again.

Hmm... Well it could be that little split then. All i know is that somewhere under there, its leakin. I can most def tell, cuz i looked under my car as i revved, and it blew leaves around and burnt my eyes like a chemical fire haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 am

idk man. that gasket may have not set right after i took it off to put that steering shaft through. idk. Get some baby power and put it where that split is and see if it moves...if you can even get to it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:07 am

SteviGX wrote:yeah, driver side is all the stock locking ones. i think you should get the ford racing ones and some percy gaskets so you never have to do it again.

Ya some percy's gaskets and stage 8 locking header bolts may fix it. Just gotta make sure the gasket sets right. So when is the next tech day then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:47 am

SteviGX wrote:idk man. that gasket may have not set right after i took it off to put that steering shaft through. idk. Get some baby power and put it where that split is and see if it moves...if you can even get to it

I already tired to do that... i cant get to it.
O well. The shop can figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 am

2k6silvergt wrote:

Ya some percy's gaskets and stage 8 locking header bolts may fix it. Just gotta make sure the gasket sets right. So when is the next tech day then?

I think steve's car is up next...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:54 am

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:

I think steve's car is up next...?

I'm down for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Id be down for it to if you guys are serious haha

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:51 pm

lol im in! make sure its on a weekend! or ill be at work
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Well at least all the hard work paid off because the car sounded good. For some reason I don't think your neighbors will enjoy it as much though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Yeah its loud as hell now when he gets on it on the interstate in 4th gear that thing is loud but it sounds damn good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:58 pm

8t6gt wrote:Yeah its loud as hell now when he gets on it on the interstate in 4th gear that thing is loud but it sounds damn good

Ya I only heard it at start up and reving. I can only imagine how good it sounds while cruising or wot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:02 am

All of this has kind of made me want to do some longtubes on mine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:37 am

2k6silvergt wrote:All of this has kind of made me want to do some longtubes on mine!
OMG your Cobra would be sick with long tubes. But they are even harder to install on a 4V I would take it to the shop lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:58 am

8t6gt wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:All of this has kind of made me want to do some longtubes on mine!
OMG your Cobra would be sick with long tubes. But they are even harder to install on a 4V I would take it to the shop lol

What fun would that be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:54 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
8t6gt wrote:

What fun would that be?

No Fun At All!!!!!

haha, i would be down for doing your cobra...as long as we had about 3 days to finish. I'm sure thats just a little bit of a tighter sqeeze then a 2v

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 am

Yeah. It most def is LOUD. It sounds amazing too. It hit's this crazy tone at about 2700 rpm under extremely light throttel... it sounds like a ufo! its freakin awsome. Then at 2700rmp under about 1/2 acceleration, it sounds like a damn WWII fighter plane haha... gotta love those P51 Mustangs hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Have you been able to run your sct to check for codes yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Yeah he said he threw a **** load of codes I think he told me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Thinking about pulling the gun on some. Can get ceramic coated mac longtubes and offroad prochamber for $650 shipped. Not sure how it would sound with the magnaflow though. Gonna have to look into it some more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next