WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust Problem

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Exhaust Problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Exhaust Problem

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Beating and banging on that exhaust with a hammer isnt gonna do ****. Its not going to be stable enough. All your force will just rebound off of the tubing. Not to mention beat the crap out of your pipes. Cut your loses and take it to an exhaust shop. And stop taking that thing to mikes carwash! It's paint suicide, if you care about such things.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:55 pm

03sm3341 wrote:Beating and banging on that exhaust with a hammer isnt gonna do ****. Its not going to be stable enough. All your force will just rebound off of the tubing. Not to mention beat the crap out of your pipes. Cut your loses and take it to an exhaust shop. And stop taking that thing to mikes carwash! It's paint suicide, if you care about such things.
man the hammer was a joke but i agree with the mikes carwash comment
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:07 am

I don't work at Mike's anymore so I won't be taking it through there. I suck at washing the car myself though so I guess I'm just gonna have to get better at it...lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:50 am

No hammer will be used unless it's to beat me across the head. :*bonk(:

My plan is to get a temp fix for him by removing the damaged section; thanks to Roush the exhaust is completely bolt on. Then using heat (torch) bend it back into place. This will allow Chris time to get the $ and find an exhaust shop he is comfortable with.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm

1fstroush wrote:No hammer will be used unless it's to beat me across the head. :*bonk(:

My plan is to get a temp fix for him by removing the damaged section; thanks to Roush the exhaust is completely bolt on. Then using heat (torch) bend it back into place. This will allow Chris time to get the $ and find an exhaust shop he is comfortable with.

AJ

Any good and respectable exhaust places around here AJ?

What would be an estimate of how much it would cost to get somethin like that fixed permenantly?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:04 am

For my exhaust I used Meineke off of Washigton St. The welder they had was a young cat about my age and was welding his arse off that day. He did an awesome job on the welds and tip placement. They charged a fair price, I think I paid about $275 for my exhaust. That didn't include the HF cats or the tips.

As far as cost...I'm not really sure. I would imagine it wouldn't be more than $100. If you want, you and I can swing by Meineke this week and get a quote.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 pm

Hey let me know wat all u want and ill give u an estimate if u just want a new pipe bent and welded in or wat and ill talk to curt. he is our exhaust man. My dad is owner/operator of Hunter Sales and muffler shop ill see what i can do if u want me to ask. just let me know wat u need. and we are located in connersville so like 60 miles east of u.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 am

Blake,

PM me with your number. This way I can call and talk to you about Chris and my exhaust issues. We are both in the same position with our exhausts.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 pm

1fstroush wrote:Blake,

PM me with your number. This way I can call and talk to you about Chris and my exhaust issues. We are both in the same position with our exhausts.

AJ

Thanks for the help guys! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Hey no problemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2