WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust Problem

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Exhaust Problem Empty Exhaust Problem

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Anybody know if and where I could get the tip bent back into place and how much it might cost??

It's not bent too far, but it's been bent down and back a little bit. The tip is supposed to fit right up in the hole in the side skirt. This wouldn't cause a problem with the exhaust or the sound would it?

Exhaust Problem Exhaust001

Exhaust Problem Exhaust002

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Problem Empty Re: Exhaust Problem

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 pm

have you tried bending it back yourself? did it break the hangers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Have you checked the rest of the exasust underneith the car? ake sure it's still on the hangars and all the connecting pieces are secure. if they are you shouldn't have any issues with the sound cuz there'll be no exaust leak. and you may be able to set it back straight yourself if all it did was shift where you pipe connects to the exhaust.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:57 am

joparrett wrote:have you tried bending it back yourself? did it break the hangers?

I've tried bending it back myself. It's been that way for about a month. I haven't gotten a chance to look under the car cause I have no way of getting the car up myself. I just HATE the way it looks right now!

I'm sure if someone could get under there and see what's goin on they could fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:57 am

Krutch21 wrote:Have you checked the rest of the exasust underneith the car? ake sure it's still on the hangars and all the connecting pieces are secure. if they are you shouldn't have any issues with the sound cuz there'll be no exaust leak. and you may be able to set it back straight yourself if all it did was shift where you pipe connects to the exhaust.

I don't think it affected the sound cause it's still LOUD and sounds the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:51 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
Krutch21 wrote:Have you checked the rest of the exasust underneith the car? ake sure it's still on the hangars and all the connecting pieces are secure. if they are you shouldn't have any issues with the sound cuz there'll be no exaust leak. and you may be able to set it back straight yourself if all it did was shift where you pipe connects to the exhaust.

I don't think it affected the sound cause it's still LOUD and sounds the same.

That's good!! lol
if it's an ehxaust leak you'd be able to hear it. Once you get a chance to get it up and look underneath it, that'll probably answer your question. hopefully it's a hanger and not a bent pipe.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:08 am

How'd it happen?

Maybe if you tried getting a heat gun/torch and heating it where it is bent you could beat it back into place with a rubber mallet...

edit-- an exhaust leak would sound like ticking I think

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 am

Chris,
I will be back in town on Sunday. If this is still an issue you can stop by and we can look at it.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:24 pm

joparrett wrote:How'd it happen?

Maybe if you tried getting a heat gun/torch and heating it where it is bent you could beat it back into place with a rubber mallet...

edit-- an exhaust leak would sound like ticking I think

I was pulling out of Mike's Car Wash where I used to work one day and the curb is really high where I was turning out. I went to turn out into the right hand lane onto 135 and some jackarse swung over into the right lane when I was turning out so it was either get smashed by him or curb it. The curb scratched my side skirt a little bit and bent the exhaust. Sad

Haven't heard any ticking noises so that's good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:26 pm

1fstroush wrote:Chris,
I will be back in town on Sunday. If this is still an issue you can stop by and we can look at it.

AJ

I would really appreciate that man! I could prolly swing Monday afternoon....Just let me know what works for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 pm

If you can jack the car up high enough you may be able to use a mallet to knock it back into place and if it comes down to it you could just take it in somewhere, doubt it would cost much.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:26 pm

it gives you a good reason to buy another catback if you want something different..i know at one time you were thinking about it
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:40 am

stanglover2358 wrote:it gives you a good reason to buy another catback if you want something different..i know at one time you were thinking about it

Don't have the money right now for a catback. It's hard to find dang catbacks for a Roush with the same side mufflers.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

AJ

I would really appreciate that man! I could prolly swing Monday afternoon....Just let me know what works for you.

Sounds good. Give me a call and we can look at it. I had the same thing happen to my exhaust and only need to replace the rubber grommet that secures the exhuast to the hanger.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 am

1fstroush wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

AJ

Sounds good. Give me a call and we can look at it. I had the same thing happen to my exhaust and only need to replace the rubber grommet that secures the exhuast to the hanger.

AJ

Sweet! I'll give u a call tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:02 am

get it figured out?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 am

To a point. His exhaust is bent at the worst possible place. We will need to remove it, heat it up, and bend it back. If that doesn't work, to Midas he will need to go. Crying or Very sad
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 pm

If it is bent real bad it sounds like you'll have to take it there anyway. I can't imagine that piping being very easy to bend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:04 pm

hmmm will they charge alot? we got an exhaust shop if they try to charge to much i could hook u up man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Thanks for the time yesterday AJ!

Blake - We are gonna try and fix it when it gets nicer outside. If we can't fix it and Midas charges too much, I will hit u up when the time comes.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:27 pm

man i would just go at it with a BFH!!! :*bonk(: nah if aj has looked at it and says it needs to go else where i would trust him and take it somewhere else
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 pm

well let me know and I'll give u an idea of how much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:11 pm

COLE wrote:man i would just go at it with a BFH!!! :*bonk(: nah if aj has looked at it and says it needs to go else where i would trust him and take it somewhere else

Well we're gonna try to fix it first.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:16 am

Everyone keep an eye on this thread. We will make this our first tech day of '09. There are several of us that need to get our exhausts and under carriages tweaked due to the weather.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:33 am

I'm in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content