WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got some questions ran into a big problem!

4 posters

Go down

got some questions ran into a big problem! Empty got some questions ran into a big problem!

Post by Robkw82 Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Hey guys sorry I havn't been on I look forward to catching up. also Hello to all the newer members since my Absence look forward to meeting everyone and seeing what you got. down to my point of starting this topic. As some of you know I baught the block from Davids Mustang. well thats in the Thunderbird Finally. but trying to get the transmission in my Genius father who said he could do it told me it was lined up just wasnt meshing. since I dont know jack **** about Transmissions atleast the Automatics I believed him when he told me to just get some bolts and start tightening them down and it should fall into place and flush. found out later he didnt have it all the way lined up so while putting in a bolt bellhousing broke.... yeah... and as you may know that transmission the bellhousing is apart of the tranny you cant take it off. so my Choice is to find another Auto that will work for that car, but since no junk yard has one so I dont gotta change the drive shaft which im gonna have to do anyway my next best bet to do to this car is a manual swap. I need to know what my best choice is to get the pedal conversion kit, cuz i have no idea where to get one unless i just go to pick a part and yank that whole set up out of that. but will it work for an 89 Thunderbird? any Advice from all or suggestions are much appreciated. it may not be the old 96 guys Wink but its almost there.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 83
My Name: : Rob White
My Ride/Rides: : 89 Tbird (work in progress) 2000 Bonneville SSEI

Back to top Go down

got some questions ran into a big problem! Empty Re: got some questions ran into a big problem!

Post by 1fstroush Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:55 am

Find a new auto that will bolt in. The price/time to do a manual swap (even w/ used parts) will be way more than you expected.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

got some questions ran into a big problem! Empty Re: got some questions ran into a big problem!

Post by Danstang Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 am

Doing a manual swap will take some time and $$$ just like AJ said. Not sure if it would be worth it.

Is that the T-bird in your avatar? Looks nice if so, love those T-birds!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Sorry to hear it man!! I did get your vm we were on vaca last week, let me know if you still need something
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Robkw82 Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:24 am

well I did buy another Tranny that bolts up to it but then after like 2 hours of trying to figure out why the Torque converter wasnt lineing up right we realized something important lol. The torque converter out of the 89 dont match the 04 block nor does the 96 i just baught lol. but i did find something interesting even tho first was out of the tranny I broke all the gears and **** was redone that had a tranny build recently but not done right. so might keep those gears just incase of a rebuild. but as soon as I get a torque converter that matches to that block and flywheel then i'm set.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Robkw82 Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 am

oh and btw no atm my Tbird dont look like that its just the body I want for mine after i have all the cancer spots done and painted black. I only had it for about 2 weeks after the intake gasket blew and I cracked the old block.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down