WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone ever experience a ring problem

2 posters

Go down

anyone ever experience a ring problem Empty anyone ever experience a ring problem

Post by stanglover2358 Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm looking at this 94 cobra thats got a built forged 302 with hci and vortech and he said the rings are bad in the motor...cars in real good shape body and interior wise and he's willing to sell it for a really good price..I know piston rings are expensive, but how about labor wise what do you guys think?
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

anyone ever experience a ring problem Empty Re: anyone ever experience a ring problem

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 pm

labor will be huge just because of the time it would take since they would have to take the engine apart completely down to a bare block. I'll see if i can find some rings for you. whats the bore?

Back to top Go down

anyone ever experience a ring problem Empty Re: anyone ever experience a ring problem

Post by stanglover2358 Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:55 pm

.30 over
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 am

alright i'll see if my guys have some, the drag car is getting a bbc

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 pm

I used to have a local resource for cheap yet very reliable engine repair. I'll try to reach him and see if he's available to help. He builds some of the quickest Lightning around. Yes, he owns the 10 sec Gen 1 L.

I do know that he can do it all, meaning engine removal to complete tear down/rebuild.

As for as his cost, I can't quote on that.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 pm

i'll do it for 10 bucks...

wait do you want it to run? lol Got any pics of the car?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:17 am

well we dont have any extra rings for the 5.0. Did he say why it was ruining rings? It sounds like the compression may be a bit high for the supercharger. I'd ask him what the compression ratio is. If you had a shop do absolutely all the work it would probably be 2000 - 2500. If you can do it yourself you could have it done plus have the cylinder walls checked and have everything honed plus actually putting new rings on for around 7-800

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down