WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous !!

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

nitrous !! - Page 4 Empty Re: nitrous !!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 pm

ok man, you need to listen to me and steve... YOU NEED TO GET A WINDOW SWITCH!!!
your intake will blow. autos are not 100% efficient man sometimes they will over rev, and when it does that, you're going to be wishing you got that window switch.
Just get it man, believe us, much better safe than sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:41 pm

I'll tell you this.
When i dont' know what i'm talking about, i dont open my mouth. when i do, i do. So, take that as a hint that i'm not just blowing smoke up my own ass to sound cool or act like I know something. This isn't my first time around the block, auto or not auto, **** still breaks, and a window switch could be the difference between some fried piston rings or a blown intake a driveable car. That and a wideband are neccesities. Nitrous isn't cheap ****. You can run a basic kit, but thats asking for **** to break. I've done the research, i've read the articles. I dont say **** just to say it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Ya it's better to be safe than sorry and just go with a window switch. Check ebay, they usually have a descent amount of the regular and digital ones for descent prices.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 pm

I might... IDK i won't be spraying much until spring anyways cuz I'm broke...

but dang wasn't expecting those responses... I wasn't trying to say you didn't know what you were talking about.... I was just saying that on 3.8mustang.com, where I learned what I know about n2o so far.... they say if you have an auto you don't need a window switch because they never fall below 3k on shifts... idk about hitting rev limiter on loss traction. Whenever I lose traction it ALWAYS shifts at 5750 rpm's. it has never hit rev limiter.and that has never been brought up on the forum... from what I read... window switches are a safety precaution for missing shifts...

I don't plan on getting one... and if it blows then you guys were right...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:49 pm

joparrett wrote:I might... IDK i won't be spraying much until spring anyways cuz I'm broke...

but dang wasn't expecting those responses... I wasn't trying to say you didn't know what you were talking about.... I was just saying that on 3.8mustang.com, where I learned what I know about n2o so far.... they say if you have an auto you don't need a window switch because they never fall below 3k on shifts... idk about hitting rev limiter on loss traction. Whenever I lose traction it ALWAYS shifts at 5750 rpm's. it has never hit rev limiter.and that has never been brought up on the forum... from what I read... window switches are a safety precaution for missing shifts...

I don't plan on getting one... and if it blows then you guys were right...

then, may i please suggest you run i 25 shot until you can afford to buy the right parts to run nos. Man, i'm trying to save you $800 on a intake or $2000 on a rebuild. instead of just using $200 on a safety measure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 am

http://3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225262&highlight=auto+window+switch+nitrous

that is what I'm going off of. there are a ton of threads like that on 3.8mustang. Punypony and Neatofrito both run nitrous a lot and know what they're talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 am

but I see what you are saying and I appreciate it... I just don't think it is necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 am

suit yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:03 am

joparrett wrote:http://3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225262&highlight=auto+window+switch+nitrous

that is what I'm going off of. there are a ton of threads like that on 3.8mustang. Punypony and Neatofrito both run nitrous a lot and know what they're talking about.

Dude,

Neato and Puny have been around N2O for ever. They will also be the first to tell you better safe than sorry. Neato has fried his motor before w/ N2O and continues to use. There are several posts on 3.8 regarding N2O including this one...

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234889

That's right! I've been doing research for a while now and want to spray the sixer too. I was planning on spraying the L, but decided that the sixer needs a nice kick in the arse.

You and I will be in the running to see who enters the VB club first. :^drunk^:

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:24 pm

i dont know much about 3.8mustang.com but i know other forums. Sometimes you have to sort through the BS to get the right answers. I know the other forum I am on, along with pat and steve and probably others, has a lot of people who will give you bad advice or at least not 100% correct advice. Just remember that over half the people on national forums are kids who dont know anything about their cars other than what other kids on the forum have told them. When it comes to Nitrous, which can be dangerous to an engine when not used 100% correctly, I would want to listen to someone I can see or at least someone you know and trust, not just some kid who may or may not even have a mustang or his drivers lisence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:00 pm

1fstroush wrote:
joparrett wrote:http://3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225262&highlight=auto+window+switch+nitrous

Dude,

Neato and Puny have been around N2O for ever. They will also be the first to tell you better safe than sorry. Neato has fried his motor before w/ N2O and continues to use. There are several posts on 3.8 regarding N2O including this one...

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234889

That's right! I've been doing research for a while now and want to spray the sixer too. I was planning on spraying the L, but decided that the sixer needs a nice kick in the arse.

You and I will be in the running to see who enters the VB club first. :^drunk^:

AJ

I PM'd punypony and this is our convo:

Re: window switch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joparrett
alright so I guess you are the go-to person for nitrous. I would appreciate it if you'd help me out a bit.

I have a mostly stock auto 3.8 and I'm running a 75 shot.... I know that it isn't necessary to run a window switch with an auto b/c it never falls below 3k when shifting under WOT and never misses a shift.... but is it a safety precaution that I should not skip over if I have the $$$? or is it unnecessary?

Thanks a lot for your help man.

no, with an auto and enough common sense a window switch is not necessary, a fuel pressure safety switch is a good idea for non- zex kits.

biggest/most important safety mod is a good dyno tune.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:01 pm

JStang314 wrote:i dont know much about 3.8mustang.com but i know other forums. Sometimes you have to sort through the BS to get the right answers. I know the other forum I am on, along with pat and steve and probably others, has a lot of people who will give you bad advice or at least not 100% correct advice. Just remember that over half the people on national forums are kids who dont know anything about their cars other than what other kids on the forum have told them. When it comes to Nitrous, which can be dangerous to an engine when not used 100% correctly, I would want to listen to someone I can see or at least someone you know and trust, not just some kid who may or may not even have a mustang or his drivers lisence.

I know this, and that is why I usually look for people with very high post counts or someone that I know has expertise in that area... like punypony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Like he said the most important factor is the tune. Even though you are getting a mail-order tune you should definitely take it to a dyno to check the a/f to make sure it is all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:35 pm

probably a good idea Zak. Justin is known to be the best v6 tuner around though.... I may go ahead and get a wideband down the road to be sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:19 pm

joparrett wrote:
JStang314 wrote:i dont know much about 3.8mustang.com but i know other forums. Sometimes you have to sort through the BS to get the right answers. I know the other forum I am on, along with pat and steve and probably others, has a lot of people who will give you bad advice or at least not 100% correct advice. Just remember that over half the people on national forums are kids who dont know anything about their cars other than what other kids on the forum have told them. When it comes to Nitrous, which can be dangerous to an engine when not used 100% correctly, I would want to listen to someone I can see or at least someone you know and trust, not just some kid who may or may not even have a mustang or his drivers lisence.

I know this, and that is why I usually look for people with very high post counts or someone that I know has expertise in that area... like punypony

Thats cool. Thats a smart thing to do. I just wanted to make sure you didnt end up like a guy I know. He believes everything on a forum. He used to always ask me for help until he started to think that everything said on a forum was true. I hope everything works out with your nitrous, itll be a lot of fun for you come next spring!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:27 pm

Thanks man! yeah I used to be like that too when I first got my car and first started foruming. It took me a while to realize a lot of people that post don't know much. That's why I usually just lurk around cuz I'm still learning myself... Forums can be awesome if you now how to use them!

And thanks for all the help guys

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 pm

ok bro i know that you are getting hit up by some members but we have all been there. some of us have broken **** and some have been lucky.. we are all a big ass family and try to look out for each other. I know ive asked you before but if you get time you need to try and make the switch to v6power.net when it comes to our v6's.. try and save some money and getr' done right.

ask anyone who knows about my build! i bought all the cheap parts a few years ago and now i am paying for it. it was fun dont get me wrong but i am buying all the right parts now (not cheap) lol but it will be totally worth it when its all done.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Yeah I got some info off of there too. I'm more familiar with 3.8 though obviously.

Like I'm glad AJ brought up the wideband o2 sensor. That is something I didn't know about and will consider getting if I really get into spraying. And I learned a fuel pressure shutoff valve is unneccesary with a zex kit. This is all good stuff. And I see what you guys are saying about a window switch. And if you could give me reasons to get it instead and just telling me to listen cuz you've all been there and done doesn't help me any when I can go on 3.8 and get advice from nitrous gurus who know more about nitrous than all of us put together. I just don't see why you all are so set on me getting a window switch... but whatever. We'll just leave it be I'm tired of arguing about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 pm

joparrett wrote:probably a good idea Zak. Justin is known to be the best v6 tuner around though.... I may go ahead and get a wideband down the road to be sure

Even if he is the best tuner doesn't mean anything. Any good tuner would tell a customer to take the car to a dyno to check the a/f to make sure everything is where it needs to be, such as Amazon Tuning, Kurgan Motorsports, RWTD, Brenspeed. I would say Rick at Amazon is one of the best Cobra tuners but the tune he sent me was lean and he had to fix it. It costs like 75-90 for 3 pulls so I would make that one of the first things I do especially if you plan on turning up the spray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:28 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
joparrett wrote:probably a good idea Zak. Justin is known to be the best v6 tuner around though.... I may go ahead and get a wideband down the road to be sure

Even if he is the best tuner doesn't mean anything. Any good tuner would tell a customer to take the car to a dyno to check the a/f to make sure everything is where it needs to be, such as Amazon Tuning, Kurgan Motorsports, RWTD, Brenspeed. I would say Rick at Amazon is one of the best Cobra tuners but the tune he sent me was lean and he had to fix it. It costs like 75-90 for 3 pulls so I would make that one of the first things I do especially if you plan on turning up the spray.

+10000!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:38 am

Are there places up in indy to get dyno'd?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 am

joparrett wrote:Are there places up in indy to get dyno'd?

PM me and I'll hook you up with Dustin @ Auto-Spec. We get a WH discount for tuning.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 am

joparrett wrote:Are there places up in indy to get dyno'd?

Ya there is Performance Driven, over by the airport, and a place in Greenwood on Main Street. Also you could try doing a search on diablo's or sct's website to try and find a place that would be closer to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:12 am

joparrett wrote:Yeah I got some info off of there too. I'm more familiar with 3.8 though obviously.

Like I'm glad AJ brought up the wideband o2 sensor. That is something I didn't know about and will consider getting if I really get into spraying. And I learned a fuel pressure shutoff valve is unneccesary with a zex kit. This is all good stuff. And I see what you guys are saying about a window switch. And if you could give me reasons to get it instead and just telling me to listen cuz you've all been there and done doesn't help me any when I can go on 3.8 and get advice from nitrous gurus who know more about nitrous than all of us put together. I just don't see why you all are so set on me getting a window switch... but whatever. We'll just leave it be I'm tired of arguing about it.

Wow. You should prolly do ALOT more research before you even give spraying another thought. If you had done the "research" you claim you did you would know exactly why a window switch is a good idea. You can set when it sprays when it stops, and without a wideband i wouldn't even dream of juicing. Watcing your a/f is the difference between you saving your motor or not. But, obviously your gonna listen to people that have "high post counts" becasue apparently they are genious's. Have fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 am

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/poweradders/93184-n20-q.html
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/poweradders/44748-nitrous-pros-cons.html
If you wanna talk nitrous guru's and take their word go for it, but i'd do the research yourself and not rely on someone else's word that you dont need a safety device.
Just read that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next