WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turbos or Nitrous

3 posters

Go down

Turbos or Nitrous Empty Turbos or Nitrous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Its been a while since Ive been to any of the meetings due to the project I have been working on trying to get my car back up and running again. Now I am at a point were a need some input lol, I have a 351 windsor with aluminum GT40 heads, Trick Flow R series intake, Trick Flow stage 1 cam and a few other things done to it as well. I also have a cheap twin turbo setup that is brand new they are T3/T4 turbos they are made by XS power and a place called ss auto chrome sells them the kit is only$750 which worries me do to them possibly just flying to pieces lol. My second option is I also have a Nitrous Express plate kit for my 351 I love nitrous I ran it all the time on my 302 and trust it to be pretty safe. But Im not sure whether or not to try the cheap turbos or just go with what I know and spray a 125 or 150 shot on it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Turbos or Nitrous Empty Re: Turbos or Nitrous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Seeing that the name brand with the turbos makes you leary, and you've used the juice before, without any problems. Run the nitrous setup until you can get more info and possibly good word from others on the turbo sets...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:59 pm

I agree with Eddie, you get what ya pay for basically. Don't know about your rotating assembly, but you would want to be foirged and with a lower compression ratio for the turbos. It also is important to have the right pistons as well depending on the boost you run. You probably know that, but turbo's like centrificals, require some better internals for them to be "safe".

As for the juice, I was always very leary of it till I decided to just go for it and have had no regrets. I am about to up mine from 100 to 125 jets. :*drive*:

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:23 pm

fog it.
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:31 pm

hold up folks lol. I have been running those turbo's for over 2 years and they put down 325hp on 10psi on my stock sixer with a terrible A/R of 15.1, i know the brand may tell you no but I have loved these things, they spool hella fast (twin 50mm)! but I am going to goto a nice single setup witch i will spend some money on (Precision/ Turbonetics) but for the price you cant go wrong..

1) The only issues I had was that when you manually sping the compressor wheel with your hand, it will stop almost immediatly after letting it go. so in that repect they are not true ball bearing tubro's that provide alot of spin/ clearance inside the housing.

2) oil leak was deturmend to be bad location on my oil lines which was my fault, i have purchased a dry/wet oil pump to fix this so that it throws the oil back in the pan instead of backfeeding into the turbo's
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 pm

t3/t4's are a bit smallish. usually they are used for 2.0l or less. twinned you are getting outside their boost envelope with 5.0l or larger. 60mm is more like it. 55's also.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:04 am

i agree!

a) if you cant afford a expensive ass turbo and you want boost! then go for it.

b) save some dough down the road and get a nice kit!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:53 pm

For $750 what all are you gonna have to fabricate to make it work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:44 pm

I would have to fabricate a little bit of tubing, and thats it.I think Im just gonna stay with the nitrous though.

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:05 pm

turbo is definitely the way i will go. i will buy individual components.

turbo
intercooler
pop-off
wastegate/controller

and fabricate all the rest.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:06 pm

especially when i put 2.73's on. i will need a major power adder to time anything like i do now.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down