WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous !!

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

nitrous !! - Page 5 Empty Re: nitrous !!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:08 am

SteviGX wrote:http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/poweradders/93184-n20-q.html
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/poweradders/44748-nitrous-pros-cons.html
If you wanna talk nitrous guru's and take their word go for it, but i'd do the research yourself and not rely on someone else's word that you dont need a safety device.
Just read that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAN YOU RUN NITROUS WITH A MANUAL TRANS CAR?

Yes. Just make sure that you have the correct safety equipment before you do so.

WOT Switch
Window Switch
FPSS

Window Switch - Another wonderful (shouldn't be without) safety device. A must for a M6. It also installs inline with your FPSS, WOT, arming swithch, etc. The window switch does excatly what it says, it is a window for your nitrous to activate. Example. If you have you window switch setup for 3k and 6k, then the nitrous will only activate between those RPM's. It will come on at 3k and automatically shut off at 6k. (Providing it is wired correctly.) Some use pills while others just use dials or dip switches to set the corresponding RPM.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is off the thread you posted. Its for a MANUAL. I know EXACTLY what a window switch does and the applications it is intended for. it is great for manuals who could fall below 3k on a shift or hit a rev limiter after 6k... but on an AUTO that NEVER happens. and FYI, I have read both of the articles before I even bought the nitrous and many more aticles. Oh the people with higher post counts, punypony, is running a 12.5 quarter mile on at V6. That's pretty damn good and I think he knows what he is talking about.

don't tell me I have done my research. I have. and i know how to spray safetly or I wouldn't be spraying at all.

As far as the wideband.... tons and tons of stock v6's have ran a 75 shot safetly, and a 75 shot is known to be a safe shot and very capable of working with the stock 3.8. This is why I don't think it is necessary to run a Wideband. And that is also why all the big nitrous guys will not suggest a wideband unless you are running a larger shot or more extensive mods along with it that might compromise how the nitrous reacts with the engine and could pose the possiblitity that you might run lean. A 75 shot is proven safe, so I don't think a wideband is anywhere at all necessary unless you have boltons.

I appreciate everyone's help and critism. I know you are just trying to help me out. But when you come across like I don't know what I am doing or like I am stupid and haven't done my homework, it pisses me off. Just accept that I'm not going to run a wideband any time soon and will never run a window switch and quit making a big deal about it.

Last edited by joparrett on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:48 am

JO has made up his mind, now we as WH need to stand behind him.

I like that we all have our thoughts and opinions, but when we start getting pissy towards each other it needs to stop.

Keep this thread civil or it will be lock.T

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:10 pm

sorry AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Have fun leaning out your ******* motor trying to show off. You obviously dont give a **** what any of us say so why even ask? your not gonna take anyones knowledge into effect so whats the point in asking? if you have your nitrous "guru'' go ask them all these questions. Come on dude, it's not that hard to understand that it's all for safety and just cause their "ok" doen'st mean your gonna be. ****.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Its not necissary to bash each other! I ran my car for 2 years with a 15.1 A/F rating you wanna talk about lean?? but the motor did not blow. LIKE I SAID SOME PEOPLE GET LUCKY AND SOME DONT!! Yes a window switch and a wideband unit would be nice to have but they are not needed, hell even Thomas sprayed his truck by running a hose from the bottle to the intake and manually turning the nossle on LOL rofl
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:52 pm

SteviGX wrote:Have fun leaning out your ******* motor trying to show off. You obviously dont give a **** what any of us say so why even ask? your not gonna take anyones knowledge into effect so whats the point in asking? if you have your nitrous "guru'' go ask them all these questions. Come on dude, it's not that hard to understand that it's all for safety and just cause their "ok" doen'st mean your gonna be. ****.

I never asked. I'm not trying to show off. I was just excited that I got nitrous so I posted about it. Thought maybe you guys might be happy for me. Guess not.

AJ I would just assume you lock the thread since stevie can't give it up and I'll just quit posting here... Thanks for the good times otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Right. It's all me. Have fun. I'm goooooooooone. not like its a club anyway. Me zak and pat are the only ones that showed up after the july.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5