WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous !!

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

nitrous !! - Page 2 Empty Re: nitrous !!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:10 pm

thats the main reason i havent gotten nitrous. i'd end up being able to buy a blower with the money i'd spend on filling nitrous tanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 pm

Its rediculous. I've always hear its about $3/pound on 3.8mustang.com and i call hawkins (closes refill to me) and they want 8.50. I pretty much laughed at the guy. I called and got prices in indy, cincy, batesville, and dayton and they were all 4.00 a pound. I called hawkins and told them that and gave them the business's numbers and they called back and told me they would go down to 5.50.... wtf

but anyway.... People just quit hangin out cuz it has gotten so cold?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:07 am

OK, here's the skinny...

You need to head towards the track (ORP). They have a couple speed shops around the area that fill N2O for aroun $4.50/ pound. The racing season has ended, so the price may not be desirable.

As for hanging out, Greenwood (Circuit City) will be lame until April. This is when the Spring fever hits and everyone starts to cruise again.

We will be having movie nights, bowling, BBQ's etc to fill in until then. Just keep your eyes on the website and boards.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm

gotcha well I filled my bottle today for 58.50... not what I was hopin for but better than nothing. i can't wait to come up in the spring to see what my car does.

still waiting on the tune and new sparkplugs, so I only ran a 50 shot tonight- and it was pretty impressive I love it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 pm

there's no way if your an auto your gonna run a 14.14@104. I run mid to low 13's and dont trap 104. Especially in an auto with the mods you have. I woudln't go out expecting that at all. Cause depending on where you go. you'll be sadly mistaken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 pm

SteviGX wrote:there's no way if your an auto your gonna run a 14.14@104. I run mid to low 13's and dont trap 104. Especially in an auto with the mods you have. I woudln't go out expecting that at all. Cause depending on where you go. you'll be sadly mistaken.

Here is what he said in a PM...

"alright.. ill throw it all in a box. oh btw i wanted to race with it one last time today and i ran a 14.23,14.22, and my new fastest time of 14.11 at 103 mph. so you wont be dissapointed! my phone # is xxx-xxx-xxxx. i have no idea about dayton either. i know some people in college there so i can ask them for a good place to meet. you can txt or call me if you have anymore questions. ill get back to u asap with a good meeting place"

^^^ that was on a 75 shot

just what he told me man.... i'd be happy to run high 14's with a mostly stock auto v6... we'll see though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:36 pm

SteviGX wrote:there's no way if your an auto your gonna run a 14.14@104. I run mid to low 13's and dont trap 104. Especially in an auto with the mods you have. I woudln't go out expecting that at all. Cause depending on where you go. you'll be sadly mistaken.

and idk much about the track i've never done it before... but if I had to guess.... the reason for a higher time/faster speed is because you can't spray before 3k. So its slow and doggy at that point. but ones the nitrous kicks in you make up for it quicker which results in higher speeds....

what do I know tho lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:00 am

Trap speed is directly proportional to ET, if he ran a 104 trap he should run a 13.2. You can brake 12's with a 105 trap easily so that 104 is a little outrageous for a car that might be making 200 to the wheels on that shot. I think you'll break 14's but you wont be getting a 14.1 thats for sure. Dont get you expectations up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:00 am

I see what you're saying man... oh well I'm not real worried about it I just like the nitrous lol.

I am anxious to see how it runs tho

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 am

Stevi,

I see what your saying and also want to add that I've had my Roush to 14.9 N/A which was an amazing feat. So much so, that I have yet to duplicate it. There are ways that a 14.1 is possible on a stock V6 auto on spray. I don't know how much possibilty, but it's there.

joparrett,

G/L with the spray! I know its going to be a blast. Keep it safe, and let me get some seat time.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:58 am

1fstroush wrote:Stevi,

I see what your saying and also want to add that I've had my Roush to 14.9 N/A which was an amazing feat. So much so, that I have yet to duplicate it. There are ways that a 14.1 is possible on a stock V6 auto on spray. I don't know how much possibilty, but it's there.

joparrett,

G/L with the spray! I know its going to be a blast. Keep it safe, and let me get some seat time.

AJ

Well I would think a 14.1 would be possible... 3.8's are about 170-180 to the wheels stock I believe, you add 75 to that and you have like 245 hp?? idk we'll just have to wait and see...

btw... spark plugs hard to change? ARe they a pain to get to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:04 am

Not at all.... very simple actually!! Even I can do that!! LOL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:06 am

Maxstealth04 wrote:Not at all.... very simple actually!! Even I can do that!! LOL!!

alright lol I've just never done it and have heard its a pain to reach a couple so I wasn't sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:18 am

It is.... but after changing my wifes plugs and wires on her 97 dodge intrepid.... the mustang is the winner on the easy slide!! LOL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:17 pm

I'm sorry, but a 14.1 is very very doubtful.
i run consistent 13.5's or 13.6's at 106mph... with my mph, i should be in the 12's, but i just cant launch for the life of me.. especially at ORP.

104 MPH just doesnt seem possible... 245 crank hp isnt gonna put u at 104 mph in a 1/4 mile. I think that guy had some other mods going on that he didnt share becuase that is an absolutely ridiculous trap speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:30 pm

Did the guy you buy it from have gears?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:57 am

STEEDA UDP, pypes off road x-pipe w/ high flow cats, custom tune, Eibach pro kit springs, M/T ET street drag radials, ZEX 75 shot.

Copied and pasted his sig.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:57 am

220rwhp 280tq

those are his dyno numbers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

and btw this guy knows his stuff and wouldn't be making up these numbers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:30 pm

The ET streets are what gave him a chance at a 14.1. He must have only juiced it through 2nd and 3rd. If your on street tires you dont have a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:59 pm

220rwhp running a 104mph trap speed!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY! I'm sorry but thats not possible unless his car weighs like 2800lbs. I can believe the 14.1, but that 104 mph is complete garbage.

Those DR's would hurt his mph speed too... w/ dr's u run a faster et but a slower mph, w/o its vice versa.

I'm sorry, but those numbers are not accurate at all, unless he did some EXTREME weight dropping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:45 pm

idk man.... its just what he told me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:31 pm

I'd ask to see the slip. I dont believe that for a minute. Their are blown V6's that can't even break 13's. So unless he's got 4:10's and abunch of stuff he didn't disclose thats not gonna happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:08 pm

he's sendin me a pic... I'll send it to my email and post it up here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 pm

He sent me a picture of the timeslip... but I can't read it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next