WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous !!

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

nitrous !! - Page 3 Empty Re: nitrous !!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 pm

102.79 was his speed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:01 pm

and he is on stock rims with drag radials

no gears or tlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Good lord. That is crazy. With street tires, hed see a 104mph trap speed if that 102.7 is true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:20 pm

well he sent me a pic of the timeslip... but I can't really make it out.... but the 102.7 is true. Guess when he told me he just rounded the 102.7 up to 103...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 pm

If all said is true that is definitely impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:21 pm

I guess a 75 shot and a good tune will do a lot for ya...

My car won't run that fast cuz my heavy ass wheels.

I might get a drag radial for my stock wheels... Thing is I use those as my winter rims... and drag radials wouldn't do too well in the snow...

Think I could get by with just the street tires on my stock rims? 225 fuzion hzr's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Aren't your chrome bullets 17's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:56 pm

18s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 am

I am selling the subs and amp I bought if anyone is interested... They give me a headache and get on my nerves lol I hate having stuff in my trunk plus it makes it hard to get to my bottle...

2 10" MTX subs and a Fuzion 800 watt amp and a box for $120 if anyone is interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 pm

so uh... somehow in changing the 75 shot to the 55 shot to run it temporarily before plugs and tune came, the fuel and nitrous lines were switched to the fogger... fortunatly, the hole in the fuel jet is much smaller than the hole in the nitrous jet. So i was running very rich in fuel and lean in nitrous.... much better than the other alternative.... But hopefully it will run much better now that we've fixed this!

Blake and I just finished putting the plugs in... so now I'm just waiting on the tune to come it... should be in this week. I'm pumped!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:45 pm

Don't you just get your tune via email?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:52 pm

yeah.... takes 5-10 days for him to make the tune according to his website.... that puts the tenth day on this Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:37 am

JO-

BE CAREFUL RIGHT NOW WITH ADDING POWER!

This time of the year (winter) is notorious for adding members to the VB club. The lean atmosphere along with the lean conditions in the motor spells for disater.

Also, make sure you pick up a Wideband O2 setup soon. This will allow you to monitor your A/F accurately to prevent engine failure.

HEAD MY WARNING.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:42 am

thanks for the heads up AJ... With my chip I can make my air/fuel ratio richer at WOT... so I may increase it just to be safe... I would think that would take care of the problem...

Never heard of a wideband 02 setup. What do I need for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:59 pm

joparrett wrote:thanks for the heads up AJ... With my chip I can make my air/fuel ratio richer at WOT... so I may increase it just to be safe... I would think that would take care of the problem...

Never heard of a wideband 02 setup. What do I need for that?

It just lets you keep track of your a/f ratio so you know if you are running rich or lean. They are somewhat expensive but if you got the coin it is nice to have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 pm

I am broke. But I could save if it is something necessary to have. I could see that being a neccessity with a dry system because your MAF could go bad or maybe read wrong, but I am running a wet system and the extra fuel is added by the control solenoid... so I don't see the need for one.... or am I missing something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:11 pm

I would say a fuel shutoff valve would be a nice security measure... but would you need a wideband 02 sensor for that to even work?

edit- or is it the same thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:20 pm

They are not the same thing.

If you want a WB you can get some used ones for a pretty decent price. Hell I picked up my Innovative LC-1 kit and guage to match for under $200. If you look at it $200-400 for WB or $7000 for new motor.

A fuel shutoof valve is an iffy one. If you shut off the fuel and a major lean condition happens (ie air and N2O w/ zero fuel) you could cause sever engine damage. I haven't done too much research on it but wouldn't risk it.

Another item to look at is N20 window switch. This switch safely brings N2O into the system using a gradual window throughout the engines RPMs. Again, this is what I have come to understand about these units.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:37 pm

yea the window switch would be great to have that way you can set it so your nitous only sprays between certain RPM's like 3000 to 6000. If your rpm's are lower or higher than the window you set up it wont spray, its a very good safety measure for nitrous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 pm

1fstroush wrote:They are not the same thing.

If you want a WB you can get some used ones for a pretty decent price. Hell I picked up my Innovative LC-1 kit and guage to match for under $200. If you look at it $200-400 for WB or $7000 for new motor.

A fuel shutoof valve is an iffy one. If you shut off the fuel and a major lean condition happens (ie air and N2O w/ zero fuel) you could cause sever engine damage. I haven't done too much research on it but wouldn't risk it.

Another item to look at is N20 window switch. This switch safely brings N2O into the system using a gradual window throughout the engines RPMs. Again, this is what I have come to understand about these units.

AJ

but n2o and oxygen alone aren't combustable w/out fuel... How long can an engine function under lean conditions before any damage occurs?

Window switches are great... I thought about getting one... Nitrous is only damaging, from my understanding, under normal fuel conditions if you spray below 3k rpm's or hit a rev limiter... Sooo if you have a manual, a window switch would be a must.... But when I floor my car, being an automatic, it never drops below 3100 rpm's nor will it ever hit rev limiter.... so I'm in the clear on that one as long as I don't arm the nitrous until i reach 3k when coming from a dig...

as far as a WB... IDK i've done my homework on it as well.... It would be a good thing to have, but I think would just be a luxury since a lot of people run a 75 shot on a stock sixxer with no issues on going lean... but the upper intake can limit the distribution of the nitrous/fuel injection and cause lean conditions if you go over a 100 shot.... so I think, as far as I know... if I keep it a 75 shot I have nothing to worry about.... we'll see though... lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm

I wouldn't even think of running juice without a window switch. Cause if you miss a shift...BOOOOOOOOOOOOM, their goes your intake when you rev it that high. If you get on ModdedMustangs, and search for basics of Nitrous. Their are insane amounts of information on their. I woulnd't spray at all during the winter though...I'd just be calm till it gets warmer. You'll have alot fewer issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:29 pm

I have an auto....

What issues are there in the winter? Can I fix the problems by increasing the fuel mixture at WOT with my chip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Even with an auto, you break traction, hit that rev limiter, pop goes your intake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 pm

if it breaks traction it will still shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:32 pm

alright, when you got a blown intake cause you didn't do the homework on how to save your motor I won't say i told you so. Window Switch's are a safety procaution and no matter what trans you have, if you want it to last, buy one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next