WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous !!

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

nitrous !! Empty nitrous !!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 am

Found a used kit for sale in columbus ohio. Zex wet system, 75 shot, 10lb bottle, zex purge, zex bottle warmer, zex blow off valve, zex pressure guage, and a BBK CAI. He is meeting me half way in dayton on saturday to pick it up. $400 is what I offered but he insists on 450. Good deal?

I also picked up a couple subs, a box, and an amp over the weekend.... if anyone has a decent head unit for sell let me know.

Last edited by joparrett on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

nitrous !! Empty Re: nitrous !!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:43 pm

awesome Very Happy i'm pretty pumped

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:18 pm

that is a good deal if it comes with the lines and everything, sounds like theres not many other parts you will need if you get it. Plus it comes with some things that most kits dont come with new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:35 am

that's what I thought. All i need is a switch bezel from AM ($100) and a mail order tune from justin at VMP (60) and I'm set. I'm not gonna mess w/ a window switch since I'm an auto...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:04 am

How big of a shot do you plan on running?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Don't go more than 75...you're in a stock V6.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:10 pm

what kind of switch bezel are you looking for? i have one made for the ashtray in the console so its hidden. but you may not have the same console

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:05 am

JStang314 wrote:what kind of switch bezel are you looking for? i have one made for the ashtray in the console so its hidden. but you may not have the same console

Could you take a picture of it and list a price? I know a few people that might be interested in this.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 am

yea i'll try to get one up soon, me and my dad actually made it, its stainless steel with 4 switches formed to fit the ashtray perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 am

My consol doesn't have an ashtray. I'm looking at the switch bezel for the cup holder that american muscle has.

AJ-- 75 shot is what I plan for now. I may take it up to 100 later though. I hear 100 is safe to run on a stock sixxer???

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am

100 shot is not a common shot??? So I can't help on that.

I've only heard of 50-75-125-150.

It's also depends on the tune. A 75 can be run w/o a tune, but why risk it? A proper tune with any power adder is key.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 pm

justin is the man when it comes to v6 tuning im sure he would be the man to talk too
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:39 pm

1fstroush wrote:100 shot is not a common shot??? So I can't help on that.

I've only heard of 50-75-125-150.

It's also depends on the tune. A 75 can be run w/o a tune, but why risk it? A proper tune with any power adder is key.

AJ

http://zex.com/

go there and search for jets. Click on the search result 'jet'. They have a bunch of different ones listed. 100 shot is on there too.

What is the Largest Shot I Can Run on a V6?
100 is the largest shot. 75 is the largest shot safely. On single port engines, 100 can be used easier because there are only 6 runners, so nitrous distribution is a little more even. On the split port engines, 100 is okay, but I would stick to 75 because there are now 12 runners for the nitrous to choose from. It is best to start with a smaller shot to learn how nitrous feels and so you know when 3000RPMs is. A smaller shot will not do the damage a larger shot would do while practicing.

That came from this write up: http://3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95277

now that I read, 100 shot is the largest it can handle stock, but 75 is the safest shot... so you were right lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Murph wrote:justin is the man when it comes to v6 tuning im sure he would be the man to talk too

yeah...i'm going to email him. I looked at the his site and he charges 60 bucks to email me a new tune but I've got some questions for him too.

Will the xcal2 hold more than 3 tunes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 pm

joparrett wrote:
Murph wrote:justin is the man when it comes to v6 tuning im sure he would be the man to talk too

yeah...i'm going to email him. I looked at the his site and he charges 60 bucks to email me a new tune but I've got some questions for him too.

Will the xcal2 hold more than 3 tunes?

Nope only holds 3 and most tuners charge you extra to put more than one tune on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 pm

****... so right now I have:

93 performance
87 performance
87 gas mileage

I never use either of the 87's lol so i guess i'll take of the 87 performance for the nitrous tune.

How do I take off a tune to add the new one? anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 pm

I believe you just select the file position where you want the new tune to go and load it onto the tuner then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:03 am

well just finished installing it. Waiting on new plugs and tune to come in the mail and I have to go get the bottle filled. I'm pretty pumped!

Who else runs nitrous in the club?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 am

btw the guy that had the kit before me w/ similar mods as me ran a 14.14 @ 104 (auto) a couple days before he gave it to me. The car ran like a 16.2 stock I think he said.... pretty big improvement!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:22 am

joparrett wrote:well just finished installing it. Waiting on new plugs and tune to come in the mail and I have to go get the bottle filled. I'm pretty pumped!

Who else runs nitrous in the club?

Congrats! I don't believe anyone from the Indiana chapter has nitrous but there are some Tennessee cars that I believe have kits.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:51 am

shady in MI, Paul in TN is sprayin
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 am

sweet. is there anywhere in gwood to get nitrous filled? Me and blake might try to make it up there before it gets too cold. You guys still meeting at CC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm

so hawkins speed shop in richmond charges 8.50 a pound for nitrous! that's 85 bucks to fill a bottle!

Anyone want a complete nitrous system for $450?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 pm

I know there is a place on 31 over by Suds that fills nitrous. Ya filling them definitely isn't cheap. And no one really meets up anymore that kind of fell apart a while ago. There isn't even that many people that go out to Oreilly anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next