WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braking problem might not be caused by brakes

Go down

Braking problem might not be caused by brakes Empty Braking problem might not be caused by brakes

Post by Pyrotech72 Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 pm

My 95 Thunderbird had gotten to where it would pull to the left most of the time when I used the brakes. I tried nearly everything you can think of. I swapped sides with the brake pads. Not it. Pilfered the calipers off the parts car. No change. Even went after the master cylinder once I found out that the brake system was diagonally split. Still no change.

So I did some searching on the 'net and found someone that had the same problem. What fixed it for this one? A new lower ball joint. Back in the shop, I did some jacking around (literally jacking the left tire up with the car on jack stands) and noticed lots of play in the left lower ball joint. Not so much in the right. This Saturday I replaced it. With $17 at AutoZone and a few hours in the shop, no more pull to the left. (I kinda expected it to start pulling to the right, but it ain't doing it, at least not yet.)

READY TO SLAY THE DRAGON but I want to remove the mufflers first.

BTW, I put the brake pads back where they originally were while it was up for the ball joint.

Sorry, no pictures... didn't even cross my mind.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down