WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold Air Intake

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cold Air Intake - Page 2 Empty Re: Cold Air Intake

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 pm

SteviGX wrote:Yeah, Rick tuned my car too. He's a great tuner. I am very very please!

As far as the driveshaft. latemodelrestoration has then for 244.90 shipped. I bought mine a couple weeks ago. The driveshaft wont give you any more horsepower on motor, but it will give you more RWHP because of the lighter rotating mass. It was definatly noticable on my car

So should I let Rick do the tune or would it be just as good or better to get a handheld tuner like a Diablosport Predator or an Xcal??

I was readin about the driveshafts and what COLE wrote and it definitely sounds like it's worth the money to buy one! I definitely wouldn't mind pickin up some RWHP!!! So u could feel it huh? Is it that "seat of the pants feeling?" Very Happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
SteviGX wrote:Yeah, Rick tuned my car too. He's a great tuner. I am very very please!

As far as the driveshaft. latemodelrestoration has then for 244.90 shipped. I bought mine a couple weeks ago. The driveshaft wont give you any more horsepower on motor, but it will give you more RWHP because of the lighter rotating mass. It was definatly noticable on my car

So should I let Rick do the tune or would it be just as good or better to get a handheld tuner like a Diablosport Predator or an Xcal??

I was readin about the driveshafts and what COLE wrote and it definitely sounds like it's worth the money to buy one! I definitely wouldn't mind pickin up some RWHP!!! So u could feel it huh? Is it that "seat of the pants feeling?" Very Happy.

I yeah it is. And rick's amazon tune is a custom tune for a predator or xcal. The "can tunes" or the tunes that xcal and diablo make up aren't very good. Custom tunes are the way to go. BUt yeah the driveshaft and the tune both gave me seat of the pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:29 pm

SteviGX wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

Is the custom tune around $400 or so?? And I thought Zak said that it includes lifetime tunes. So u can take your car over there any time you need to get it tuned??

I've been wantin that "seat of the pants" feeling so I'm lookin forward to feelin that after these mods!

I yeah it is. And rick's amazon tune is a custom tune for a predator or xcal. The "can tunes" or the tunes that xcal and diablo make up aren't very good. Custom tunes are the way to go. BUt yeah the driveshaft and the tune both gave me seat of the pants

Is the custom tune around $400 or so?? And I thought Zak said that it includes lifetime tunes. So u can take your car over there any time you need to get it tuned??

I've been wantin that "seat of the pants" feeling so I'm lookin forward to feelin that after these mods!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:01 pm

BTW you already have a K&N drop in I gave it to you awhile back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Well, rick is in south carolina, but yeah you can datalog and send him that for a retune when you need it. Yeah i paid 399 for the tuner and that came with lifetime retunes. And loading the tune is easy. When you call him just ask him to go over how to do it with you. He's real cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:19 pm

03sm3341 wrote:BTW you already have a K&N drop in I gave it to you awhile back.

I was pretty sure that was a K&N, wasn't completely sure though. Should I remove the air silencer now??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 pm

SteviGX wrote:Well, rick is in south carolina, but yeah you can datalog and send him that for a retune when you need it. Yeah i paid 399 for the tuner and that came with lifetime retunes. And loading the tune is easy. When you call him just ask him to go over how to do it with you. He's real cool

Ahhh ic. I was sittin here thinkin he had a shop or somethin and u just take it over there when u want a tune.

So roughly....what would be the RWHP gain from aluminum driveshaft and a tune??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:28 pm

driveshaft....5-12rwhp maybe...it's a percentage really. Tune, could vary, idk how aggresive the roushe tune is stock. But you could prolly see anwhere from 8-20 maybe more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:32 pm

SteviGX wrote:driveshaft....5-12rwhp maybe...it's a percentage really. Tune, could vary, idk how aggresive the roushe tune is stock. But you could prolly see anwhere from 8-20 maybe more.

WOW!!!....to the driveshaft gain!

AND

WOW!!!....to the tune gain!....Assuming it's the higher end of the estimate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 pm

eh...it's not gonna be as much as the advertise...I've done some of the online dyno things with my trap speeds...and it claims i should have gained 19.8hp from both the mods. Idk how realistic that is but it's a ballpark. I will say this much, i went from trapping 99.4 in the 1/4 to trapping almost 102. They made a pretty signifcant difference

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 pm

SteviGX wrote:eh...it's not gonna be as much as the advertise...I've done some of the online dyno things with my trap speeds...and it claims i should have gained 19.8hp from both the mods. Idk how realistic that is but it's a ballpark. I will say this much, i went from trapping 99.4 in the 1/4 to trapping almost 102. They made a pretty signifcant difference

I would take your trap speed gain any day!!! Not sure what the RWHP gain would be in comparison to that, but those trap numbers are impressive!

I remembered tonight that I already have a K&N filter on the car.....so should I remove the air silencer now??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 pm

O yeah, i ran without mine for a long time before i got a tune. You know what it is dont you? it's the black rubber thing that is going into the fender...it's not what the filter is in, it comes off that.

But yeah, hopefully i can get it dyno'd to find out what she's putting down. I'm shooting for 13.3's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 pm

SteviGX wrote:O yeah, i ran without mine for a long time before i got a tune. You know what it is dont you? it's the black rubber thing that is going into the fender...it's not what the filter is in, it comes off that.

But yeah, hopefully i can get it dyno'd to find out what she's putting down. I'm shooting for 13.3's

I know WHAT it is, but I've never tried to find it on the car. I know it will help to take it off....but is it gonna help enough to be worth taking off??

13.3 = Badass!!! :%worthy%: ...lol. I've only had a few passes in my car and my best was 14.3 Crying or Very sad , but my car is BONE stock....except for the Roush upgrades.

I'm hopin to change all that by the next spring and summer though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:56 pm

yeah, i ran a consistant 14.2 stock, and my fastest was a 13.98, but i've got too many mods to not be low 13's. O yeah, it's not a paint to take the silencer off man, it's just a rubber peice. you dont even have to take the intake off to do it. It's a minute, if that long

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:59 pm

SteviGX wrote:yeah, i ran a consistant 14.2 stock, and my fastest was a 13.98, but i've got too many mods to not be low 13's. O yeah, it's not a paint to take the silencer off man, it's just a rubber peice. you dont even have to take the intake off to do it. It's a minute, if that long

I'm a shitty driver and those few passes I made in my car were the FIRST passes I've ever made in my life! So I was pretty excited that I didn't completely embarass myself. lol. I'm hopin to do some of the little mods for now and hopefully do some SERIOUS mods down the road! Very Happy. Maybe a Kenne Bell!!! :*drive*:

I know taking the air silencer off is easy from what I've heard. Is is good to take it off and is it gonna help the car perform any better at all??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 pm

It might, I can't say i felt a difference but it will definately make it breath better. It gives you 1 more sq ft of air to suck in opposed to stock.

I also plan a KB lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm

SteviGX wrote:It might, I can't say i felt a difference but it will definately make it breath better. It gives you 1 more sq ft of air to suck in opposed to stock.

I also plan a KB lol.

Well those details are good enough for me! I'm gonna take it off.

I've watched tons of KB videos and the sound is oh so sweet!!!! And I've heard from MANY people that KB is the best way to go when talkin about S/C!

Which kit u wantin to get??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm gonna get the 2.1 intercooler and run 9lbs of boost till about 75K miles. Then pull the motor, stroke it to a 5.1 and throw it back in and run 14lbs of boost. Once the kits on she's gonna be a weekend car.
A kb's nice becasue it's instant boost. But if your looking for fuel economy turbos are good becasue your not always in boost, and if you want to run high amounts of a boost a centri superchargers good. I just want a twin screw supercharger, plus kb's always been my #1 choice lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:34 pm

SteviGX wrote:I'm gonna get the 2.1 intercooler and run 9lbs of boost till about 75K miles. Then pull the motor, stroke it to a 5.1 and throw it back in and run 14lbs of boost. Once the kits on she's gonna be a weekend car.
A kb's nice becasue it's instant boost. But if your looking for fuel economy turbos are good becasue your not always in boost, and if you want to run high amounts of a boost a centri superchargers good. I just want a twin screw supercharger, plus kb's always been my #1 choice lol.

That's the one I was lookin at too. So is it not a good idea to throw a KB on your DD?

KB has always been my #1 choice too. And everybody that I've talked to said that it is the best brand and it DEFINITELY sounds the best!!!

What all goes into it making that AMAZING sound!!! Does it depend on the car? The kit? How much boost? Sorry for bein a retard when it comes to S/C. lol

Check out this clip and tell me what ya think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87n8jhVO784&feature=related

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
SteviGX wrote:I'm gonna get the 2.1 intercooler and run 9lbs of boost till about 75K miles. Then pull the motor, stroke it to a 5.1 and throw it back in and run 14lbs of boost. Once the kits on she's gonna be a weekend car.

That's the one I was lookin at too. So is it not a good idea to throw a KB on your DD?

KB has always been my #1 choice too. And everybody that I've talked to said that it is the best brand and it DEFINITELY sounds the best!!!

What all goes into it making that AMAZING sound!!! Does it depend on the car? The kit? How much boost? Sorry for bein a retard when it comes to S/C. lol

Check out this clip and tell me what ya think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87n8jhVO784&feature=related

The sounds kb makes is from the style it is. It's not that bad of an idea. I'll be driving mine daily during the summer. If you drive that car in the snow good luck lol. 400rwhp will suck in the snow. But yeah, The sound is from the supercharger itself

And your car wont sound like a cobra. it wont be anywhere near that loud. it will sound like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_2ppLcswCo
and that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-xCpv8klg&feature=related

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:45 pm

SteviGX wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

The sounds kb makes is from the style it is. It's not that bad of an idea. I'll be driving mine daily during the summer. If you drive that car in the snow good luck lol. 400rwhp will suck in the snow. But yeah, The sound is from the supercharger itself

And your car wont sound like a cobra. it wont be anywhere near that loud. it will sound like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_2ppLcswCo

I knew the sound was from the S/C itself. I just didn't know how loud the whine would be on my car? So would I be puttin down 400 rwhp or more with a 2.1?

Did ya watch the videa??

Here's a comment someone left on that video...
"Im pretty sure that whining noise isnt the kenne bell, its all the ricers out there crying because they spent their money to make their car look like a shopping cart with stickers..NICE STANG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

yeah. It's from the kenne bell. Listen to zak's car, it whines just not like that. It's from the top mount type supercharger. If you got a 2.8 it may sound close to that but not till you run 15lbs of boost plus. Your car can only take 9lbs of boost from a Kb before you rick blowing your motor. 400hp is about the threshold of these blocks.

But yeah, dont listen to what anyone on youtube says, their a bunch of idiots. That cobra is nasty, the video i posted is more realistic as to how yours will sound. Your gonna notice it but it's not gonna be an insane whine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:02 pm

SteviGX wrote:yeah. It's from the kenne bell. Listen to zak's car, it whines just not like that. It's from the top mount type supercharger. If you got a 2.8 it may sound close to that but not till you run 15lbs of boost plus. Your car can only take 9lbs of boost from a Kb before you rick blowing your motor. 400hp is about the threshold of these blocks.

But yeah, dont listen to what anyone on youtube says, their a bunch of idiots. That cobra is nasty, the video i posted is more realistic as to how yours will sound. Your gonna notice it but it's not gonna be an insane whine

Would I be around 400 rwhp with a 2.1?

That Cobra is SICK!!! I watched the video you posted. The guy in the passenger seat was hilarious. I think he might have crapped his pants when the driver got on it...lol. I wanna be able to scare the crap out of people that ride in my car for the first time and get on it when they are least expecting it or talking to me about somethin! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 pm

kenne bell has a great whine to it under throttle, but so does my d1sc with a vortech mini mondo race blow off...
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
SteviGX wrote:yeah. It's from the kenne bell. Listen to zak's car, it whines just not like that. It's from the top mount type supercharger. If you got a 2.8 it may sound close to that but not till you run 15lbs of boost plus. Your car can only take 9lbs of boost from a Kb before you rick blowing your motor. 400hp is about the threshold of these blocks.

Would I be around 400 rwhp with a 2.1?

That Cobra is SICK!!! I watched the video you posted. The guy in the passenger seat was hilarious. I think he might have crapped his pants when the driver got on it...lol. I wanna be able to scare the crap out of people that ride in my car for the first time and get on it when they are least expecting it or talking to me about somethin! Very Happy

Depends, every car is different. A few days ago Brandon and I were discussing the 2.1's on the new edge and we came across some making in the 370-380 and others were 400-410. A lot of it comes down to the tune you have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next