WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exaust Question

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Exaust Question Empty Exaust Question

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:24 pm

I'm lookin for some Pypes Violator mufflers. Was gonna trade with someone, but the muflflers I need for my side exaust don't match up with the mufflers I was gonna trade for. I went to the Pypes website....each muffler for a single in/out muffler is $90, but each muffler for my same side in/out muffler is $192!!! Anybody know where I can find these mufflers cheaper or know someone that could help me out???

-Thanks-

Back to top Go down

Exaust Question Empty Re: Exaust Question

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Your best luck would probably be checking classifieds on other forums (corral, mustangforums, modularfords, etc).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:44 pm

I looked for a full cat back for you last night lol and the cheapest I found was 900 for the whole Roush catback lol

Look on ebay and places like that for your best prices

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:51 pm

Yeah the Roush **** is ridiculous!!!! I hate it! lol

I was talkin to Pat....not sure if u know him or not.....He has the Pypes Violator catback with an O/R X and it sounds SICK!!!!

I've got the O/R X.....and I want those Violator mufflers really bad!!!

I just need the mufflers and was gonna take my Magnaflow mufflers off and put the Violators on. Know anybody or any place that could do that for me if I got the Violator mufflers and just needed someone to put them on??
Any idea about what it would cost??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Im the one that drove your car last night lol Very Happy yeah I know him haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Ohhhhhhh....Gotcha.

There are decent amount of sites that I found with Violator mufflers....but none of them have the same side mufflers like I need..... Mad

U think my best bet would be to by the individual mufflers and just have them put on??.....Or trade with Pat and have them customized??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:17 pm

haha everyone knows me chris lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:Ohhhhhhh....Gotcha.

There are decent amount of sites that I found with Violator mufflers....but none of them have the same side mufflers like I need..... Mad

U think my best bet would be to by the individual mufflers and just have them put on??.....Or trade with Pat and have them customized??
You cant have em customized. Just keep looking you'll find em here soon lol. Ill look when I get home tonight for ya to see if I can find anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 pm

LOL. Would u be willing to trade me mufflers even if we had to customize them to fit each of our cars?? And would it be worth it and would it sound right after the customization??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:23 pm

:^scratch^: Nevermind the last post. I was writing that post while u were writing your last post Derrick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:27 pm

I found some on different sites.....The cheapest I've found for the same side Violator mufflers is $157 a piece. At least that's cheaper than $192 which is what they are on the Pypes website.

And the thing that really pisses me off is that I've found a TON more Violator mufflers that are single in/out muffers and they I found them for around $50 a piece! :?curses?:

Thanks for lookin for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:26 am

summit man. like 85 i think. I'd go with magnaflow. i'm about to change from my violators to the magnaflow classics...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:54 am

SteviGX wrote:summit man. like 85 i think. I'd go with magnaflow. i'm about to change from my violators to the magnaflow classics...

haha thats what he has man.

We were gonna trade catbacks. I was gonna get magnaflow, but now i think i'm just gonna keep my catback. I get too many compliments on it. IDC if you guys think its too loud, i get 10x more ppl telling me how good it sounds lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:54 am

I looked on Summit and they have some really good prices....but they don't have any same side mufflers for Violators.... :?curses?:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:01 am

Grrrrrr to u Pat!!! lol....j/k man

Well I'm gonna get those dam Violators sometime! Then we gotta compare the sounds. I just wish I had them and could get them on soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:35 am

157 isnt a bad price man you should look into those.

And keep your eye on ebay some may pop up one day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:56 am

SteviGX wrote:summit man. like 85 i think. I'd go with magnaflow. i'm about to change from my violators to the magnaflow classics...

I agree. Keep the magnaflows if you want the nice deep tone or you could try some flowmasters, on some 2V's with offroad x they sound good. If you want real loud and raspy and are on a budget then go with pypes. Or you could save more money and throw on some resonators and it will give you a similar loud, raspy sound.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTs-M9P9FA

thats gonna be how yours sounds...thats my car. stock manifolds. upr o/r x and pypes violator catback. im going to magnaflows as soon as i have money

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:55 am

Hard to go off the video. Yours sounds louder in person Steve. Plus his exhaust pretty much exits right away since he has the side exhaust, so it would be even louder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I'll keep my eye out for some on ebay. That's prolly where they are gonna be the cheapest. It's just stupid how much more the same side mufflers are than the single in/out mufflers.

I am on a budget.....that's why I was tryin to find some a little cheaper than $157. Since I don't have the same mufflers as everybody else.....I have to pay an extra $100 per muffler and can't get any off anybody else that already has them.

I watched your video and I love the sound of yours and Pat's. I would be running the same thing as you guys because I have the O/R X as well. ANd like Zak said.....SInce my exaust is on the side and exits quicker.....It's gonna be louder!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Flowmaster sells your type of muffler and they are probly 80 bucks. If you get the American Thunder they will be louder that what you have and sound real good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Would it sound as good and LOUD as Pats?? scratch

Cause what I've been wantin is the sound that Pats car has!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Which Flowmaster muffler is the LOUDEST??!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm

Do you want to retain any tone or are you just going for the loudest possible setup?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Your knowledge of exaust is far superior to mine Zak....lol.

I know with the Violators I would be losing some tone like u said.....And I'm not really sure how much tone my Magnaflows have right now.....

Don't get me wrong.....I know I said I want my car to be A LOT LOUDER, I do on the other hand wanna keep some tone as well.

I just know what I heard the other night when I heard Pat's car!....And I loved it!!!!....and mine wouldn't even be that loud because i dont have the LT's like him....So I don't think the Violators would be too loud on my car.....Well I take that back, it prolly will be just as loud since I have the side exaust and it is exiting quicker. I just think those Violators would sound SICK with my side exaust!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next