WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for you all

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question for you all Empty Question for you all

Post by 1fstroush Wed May 07, 2008 9:35 am

Who went to the track last night???
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Question for you all Empty Re: Question for you all

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 2:55 pm

i did. it was terrible. i couldn't hook for anything. a 400hp camaro on slicks was sideways IN THE GROOVE at about the 600' mark. it was the slickiest i have ever driven on. going from that 1.98 60' to a fastest of 2.4 last night was a downer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 3:22 pm

SteviGX wrote:i did. it was terrible. i couldn't hook for anything. a 400hp camaro on slicks was sideways IN THE GROOVE at about the 600' mark. it was the slickiest i have ever driven on. going from that 1.98 60' to a fastest of 2.4 last night was a downer.

Was there very many people there? Was the camaro red?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 3:26 pm

no, it was a silver one. they may have been radials but it was still rediculous. I got frustrated after my last run a 14.6 and left. i can't fathem that when i couldn't spin AT ALL in morroco after launch to getting squirley in 3rd on nittos.

O well. And yeah, they were lined up almost to the tech area when the bikes were running, there were about 25 of them. I'm looking forward to going up to muncie soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 3:32 pm

SteviGX wrote:no, it was a silver one. they may have been radials but it was still rediculous. I got frustrated after my last run a 14.6 and left. i can't fathem that when i couldn't spin AT ALL in morroco after launch to getting squirley in 3rd on nittos.

O well. And yeah, they were lined up almost to the tech area when the bikes were running, there were about 25 of them. I'm looking forward to going up to muncie soon.

Ah. There use to be some dude who took his red camaro there. Thing was putting down 462hp naturally aspirated. Ya orp isn't the best track to run at. The best time use to be on Fridays because they prepped the track for Thursday events and you could usually still stick pretty well. I ran my 06 on a Friday and my stock Pirellis hooked like no other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 4:23 pm

see i'm gonna go the tuesday after mac nationals again. I seriously dont think i'm gonna run at orp again anytime soon. that just really made me mad that they weren't doing anything when it was becoming a safety issue. it was becoming rediculous.

o well. rant over

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 4:42 pm

SteviGX wrote:see i'm gonna go the tuesday after mac nationals again. I seriously dont think i'm gonna run at orp again anytime soon. that just really made me mad that they weren't doing anything when it was becoming a safety issue. it was becoming rediculous.

o well. rant over

exactly why i ***** at them and sent them so many emails of disgust.

They really need to step their game up, its not fun anymore. At least get that damn rubber off from the starting line to the 1/8 mark... jesus!

You're right steve, its not safe at all there. Especially if you give it wot in a 400rwhp car. You're gonna end up in the wall. I think thats what its gonna take for them to start cleaning up all the crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 4:45 pm

you may be right pat. All i know is. when i run a 15.1 with perfect shifts feathering the clutch from 1800rpms and still spinning, someting is wrong.

But o well. all is well. Good news, the jerk with the camaro blew his intake manifold gasket. lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 5:06 pm

SteviGX wrote:you may be right pat. All i know is. when i run a 15.1 with perfect shifts feathering the clutch from 1800rpms and still spinning, someting is wrong.

But o well. all is well. Good news, the jerk with the camaro blew his intake manifold gasket. lol.

YES! i hate that ass hat! Serves him right! All he ever does is talk crap about my car and how its a pos ford. Gosh he's such a a-hole

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed May 07, 2008 5:14 pm

lol i gotta admit its was quite funny seeing him trailor the thing Laughing
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 5:25 pm

o hell yeah it was!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Last time we talked to the dude's friends. That camaro is pretty serious. They said he had a 396 with dual stage nos setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 5:47 pm

say what! :(dance):
damn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 7:00 pm

SteviGX wrote:say what! :(dance):
damn!

Ya with both stages it runs in the 9's according to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 7:08 pm

the black one? the early 80's primer black camaro? that got walked on by the yellow nova? fastest i've seen is a 10.5. it's still a serious car

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 7:25 pm

SteviGX wrote:the black one? the early 80's primer black camaro? that got walked on by the yellow nova? fastest i've seen is a 10.5. it's still a serious car

Ya that would be him. They said he was only doing a small shot. It's suppose to be a 9.5 car though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 7:26 pm

wow.

there was an srt 8 300 out last night. it was on BFG drag radials. he has a camera in the back and everything. I'm thinkin it was supercharger or something casue they were icing down an intercooler i'm pretty sure. but those things sound awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 9:47 pm

SteviGX wrote:wow.

there was an srt 8 300 out last night. it was on BFG drag radials. he has a camera in the back and everything. I'm thinkin it was supercharger or something casue they were icing down an intercooler i'm pretty sure. but those things sound awesome.

Ya they are pretty sweet. Last year there used to be 3 of them that would come together and none of them were stock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 pm

SteviGX wrote:wow.

Hell yeah man! Other than the 4.6L modular exhaust note, i have to say the 6.1L Hemi is my favorite exhaust sound! They're sooooo deep and mellow! Theres not a raspy tone about them... they're just so smoooooooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:26 pm

it sounded like the TT vette. it was quite and then got ungodly loud when he got on it. it was nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 pm

SteviGX wrote:it sounded like the TT vette. it was quite and then got ungodly loud when he got on it. it was nice.

i love em! I'm beggin my dad to get the challenger as his next car! he's in the market for a new car right now. He says he wants to get a v8 gas guzzler before they're outlawed haha. I just hope he waits for the challenger.

I either want him to get that or an srt8 cherokee. I'm beggin him to death about it lol. he wants something really fast for a dd and just leave it stock besides a CAI, and a full exhaust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
SteviGX wrote:it sounded like the TT vette. it was quite and then got ungodly loud when he got on it. it was nice.

i love em! I'm beggin my dad to get the challenger as his next car! he's in the market for a new car right now. He says he wants to get a v8 gas guzzler before they're outlawed haha. I just hope he waits for the challenger.

I either want him to get that or an srt8 cherokee. I'm beggin him to death about it lol. he wants something really fast for a dd and just leave it stock besides a CAI, and a full exhaust.

Ya the new challengers are cool. The only thing that sucks is they are only making the srt-8 model and it is only available in an auto this first year. Then next year they are coming out with a manual tranny and the v6 and r/t models. Supposedly the v6 is only going to be offered in an auto though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:46 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

Ya the new challengers are cool. The only thing that sucks is they are only making the srt-8 model and it is only available in an auto this first year. Then next year they are coming out with a manual tranny and the v6 and r/t models. Supposedly the v6 is only going to be offered in an auto though.

yeah. thats what i've heard as well. My dad wants an auto though. He's been driving sticks all his life and is gettin tired of em haha, his knees are going bad.
I wouldnt even mind having a v6 verson myself. Its a killer car! i heard the v6 powerplant is going to have somewhere between 230-260bhp! Thats great for an american 3.5L v6! I'd take a hemi over that anyday tho haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

yeah. thats what i've heard as well. My dad wants an auto though. He's been driving sticks all his life and is gettin tired of em haha, his knees are going bad.
I wouldnt even mind having a v6 verson myself. Its a killer car! i heard the v6 powerplant is going to have somewhere between 230-260bhp! Thats great for an american 3.5L v6! I'd take a hemi over that anyday tho haha.

Ya the hemi is pretty impressive. They did an interesting comparison, I believe in Motortrend, between the challenger srt-8 and the gt500.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

Ya the hemi is pretty impressive. They did an interesting comparison, I believe in Motortrend, between the challenger srt-8 and the gt500.

do you kno the results?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next