WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

odd question

4 posters

Go down

odd question Empty odd question

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:09 pm

so i was looking around online and trying to think of ideas that nobodys done yet when i came across a Gen 3 Dodge Viper SRT-10 motor with 6 speed transmission. the factory numbers are 600hp and 564torque. naturally i would have to move the firewall back a few inches, beef up the rear end, put in a really strong drive shaft, and put in a new fuel pump but other than all that it comes with the wiring harness, ECU and everything else needed to put it in a Viper. my question is. will that motor and trans fit in my car. they only want 8k and it seems worth it because i already have a supercharger that would probebly go on it.

Back to top Go down

odd question Empty Re: odd question

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:45 pm

If the tranny is stock, then it's a T56, the same as the tranny in my car. Like you said, there is gonna be some fabrication work to be done to make it all line up and fit properly. It would be a pretty cool idea if you got it to work.
Ultimately it will depend on how long you want your car torn down, and the money you want to throw at it. Detroit locker or a cobra limited slip and 31 spline axles, cobra driveshaft and dual gt 40 fuel pump set-up should finish up the other parts you need.
But if you did do it, and based off the factory (flywheel) numbers. your car would be sittin at about 510 RWHP, and about 480 RWTQ. My Cobra with the new blow is sittin at 540RWHP and 520RWTQ with a stage 5 port. so you would definitly be right up there with that set-up.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by 393Bird Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 pm

I think it would be a GREAT project. I like it, and what could be done to it later, if desired. Smile With the Viper engine being aluminum, it would not add much weight, and by cutting the firewall and shifting it back, the weight would not be a problem.
393Bird
393Bird
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 128

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Supercharged Viper motor, hmmm. Is Project "Sneaky Snake" on the drawing board?
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:46 pm

mopar in a ford are you guys serious

thats sweet go for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:29 pm

so this is kinda weird. im racin a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T for pinks on friday at the drag strip. he's completly stock. who thinks ill win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:06 pm

what are your E.T.s? and has that charger run before?
Also, be fore you get out there come talk to me before you run him.
If he knows how to drive the car, it should run in the high 8's. If he's like a lot of peeps that think their car will do all the work, then we'll make sure you smoke his bags.
p.s. check your p.m's
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 pm

you will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Paincake wrote:so this is kinda weird. im racin a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T for pinks on friday at the drag strip. he's completly stock. who thinks ill win.
Nobody will when this Friday!! THE TRACK IS CLOSED!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Thats right, well, you would have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Its already been done! Guy is on Hardcore/Corral. He might over some help just PM the guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 pm

ok so this viper project has got to get underway. i found a GEN 2 motor that is supposed to push 450 stock and it comes with the trans for 6k. i already found the fuel pumps and everything else including the rear end that i would need. the issues im looking at are where am i gonna put the radiator, are my stock fuel lines going to be able to handle the flow from the new fuel pumps, how am i going to get the right drive shaft, and how far back do i need to put the firewall. my goal if i did the viper motor is 1,000RWHP from a turbo setup. now what kind of turbo setup would be ok with my car. i was thinking about having custom radiator hosing built and mounting the radiator in the trunk but if i did that where would i mount the turbos. obviously i would put the intercooler in front of the radiator in the trunk but im just not sure where i would put the turbos. if anybody has any ideas or thoughts let me know. peace - Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Paincake wrote:so this is kinda weird. im racin a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T for pinks on friday at the drag strip. he's completly stock. who thinks ill win.

I know you have a S/C'ed v6 I believe, what have you ran in the 1/8 mile? High 8's, low 9's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Krutch21 wrote:what are your E.T.s? and has that charger run before?
Also, be fore you get out there come talk to me before you run him.
If he knows how to drive the car, it should run in the high 8's. If he's like a lot of peeps that think their car will do all the work, then we'll make sure you smoke his bags.
p.s. check your p.m's

High 8's? I know my GT is probably about a full second faster than a Charger R/T, if both cars are ran to their expectations. I've ran an SRT-8 Charger on the street with my GT and from 0 to about 70mph he was only 1 car ahead of me, and that was with me spinning off the line. Those cars are pigs and the R/T's are good runs vs 99-04 GT's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:17 am

hey man i only ran my car one time at the track and it ran a 9.12 on the worst tires in the history of tires. bald as hell spinnin through 3rd. i got 336hp and 354torque at the tires. now i got better tires and this month im gonna get my car tuned really good so i can run it again. dont make a difference though. im PCSing to hawaii. april 11th is my last day around campbell. even if i was that dudes charger got broke into and everything got stolen. anyways thanks for the post. peace - Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm

look on svtperformance.com , someone has a turbo Viper V10 in a Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Viper motors sound like motorboats.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down