WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car's gettin mustang dynoed!!!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Car's gettin mustang dynoed!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Car's gettin mustang dynoed!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:06 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:Congrats on the new numbers. What octane was it tuned for?

87 son!

You should have tuned for 93 and tried to get a little more out of it.

haha. I know. But gas is too much right now. When i get more money he's gonna tune me for 93.

Theres still some bugs with the car, so i'm taking it back monday and we're working on it more... maybe then i'll get a 93 tune.

Back to top Go down

Car's gettin mustang dynoed!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Car's gettin mustang dynoed!!!

Post by 1fstroush Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:39 pm

93 FTW! This will bring those numbers up and make it pull like a freight train
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:33 pm

1fstroush wrote:93 FTW! This will bring those numbers up and make it pull like a freight train

hahaha... i tuned for 93 last night, before i came out. It was detonation like a *****!!!!! so i'm gonna tune for 91 now and just run 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:49 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
1fstroush wrote:93 FTW! This will bring those numbers up and make it pull like a freight train

hahaha... i tuned for 93 last night, before i came out. It was detonation like a *****!!!!! so i'm gonna tune for 91 now and just run 93

That really doesn't make sense though. If your car was tuned for 93 than you should be getting detonation if you were running a lower octane, because the lower octane would burn faster, or you got a bad batch of gas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:59 pm

bad batch of gas... or they were running way too much timing. going to 91 and running 93 will not solve the problem, only hide it temporarily and cause more permanent damage to the engine in the long run. if its a bad batch of gas then it should be fine, but if not then its a bad tune and needs a retune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:20 pm

wy3134 wrote:bad batch of gas... or they were running way too much timing. going to 91 and running 93 will not solve the problem, only hide it temporarily and cause more permanent damage to the engine in the long run. if its a bad batch of gas then it should be fine, but if not then its a bad tune and needs a retune

Yeah. Well i got some octane booster today. I only had 1/2 a tank left and i put the whole bottle in (its for up to 25gal) it didnt help at all.
I've never heard detonation before. I though it was a gasket leak, until kurt got in my car and was like STOP!!!! ur spark is way way way off!!!! so i was like F**K!!!! So he's gonna re-do everything tomorrow and tuesday, when im in kings island!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:26 pm

I would def change those plugs out man. Colder is better for high octane. (p.s. ocatane booster is a gimic, it doesn't do a damn thang!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:14 pm

SteviGX wrote:I would def change those plugs out man. Colder is better for high octane. (p.s. ocatane booster is a gimic, it doesn't do a damn thang!)

Ya some new plugs and he definitely needs to go over the tune again. You shouldn't have any problem running 93 octane as long as it is tuned right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2