WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust

+3
mustangmallory
scstanger
KenScrib
7 posters

Go down

Exhaust Empty Exhaust

Post by KenScrib Sun May 01, 2011 3:04 pm

looking into a new exhaust setup and was wanting some opinions. I have flowmasters but not sure what series. They are quite at idle but only get loud when you get on it. I was think of the SLP loudmouth. tell me what you think, and how to find out what kind of series flows I have cause when I originally bought the car I never thought to ask :-)

KenScrib
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 21
My Ride/Rides: : 94 GT 5.0
Mods: : Cold air intake
lowered
BBK long tubes
BBK off road H pipe
Flowmaster exhaust
4:10 gears
FR 500 wheels

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Empty Re: Exhaust

Post by scstanger Sun May 01, 2011 10:35 pm

You can look at the weld pattern on the muffler and maybe match it to a picture of different ones online through flowmaster.com. I have a Magnaflow x pipe and magnaflow mufflers and I love the sound on my Roush. I also have an o/r h and flowmaster 40's on the 97 and love the way that one sounds too. I know this hasn't been any help! Sorry. scratch
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangmallory Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Generally Flowmaster stamps all the info right on the muffler itself. When I bought mine, a local muffler shop that I've had trust in for years advised me that Flowmasters didn't sound good on the 3valve motors and suggested Cherry Bomb mufflers. I'm not talking about glasspack mufflers, but street legal mufflers, as if anyone cares if their mufflers are legal or not lol! I later heard a 3v with Flowmasters and sure enough it was horrible. My mufflers have a nice low rumble to them at idle with a very slight cam sounding chop. I don't have cams now, so it's kinda nice. They have a good solid roar to them when you get into without droning you out of the car. If I remember correctly, I paid less than $300 for dual mufflers, tips, and installation. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how the car sounds with several people wanting to do the same setup. Just my thoughts from what I've done. I will say this though, I had a SN95 years ago with the 40series Flowmasters and pro comp cams, shorty headers, and no cats. It was a beast! But also a real B!t@h as a daily driver...the droning would give me a migraine after too long.
mustangmallory
mustangmallory

Male Number of posts : 246
Humor : I find humor in everything!
My Name: : Ridge
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Mustang GT
Mods: : Mallory is more about looks than speed right now. I'm trying to keep it clean and classy, while bringing out the natural aggression of our beloved stangs.

CDC Aggressive chin spoiler
Golden Eye 6k HID headlights and foglights
Shelby Cobra Super Snake stripe
20% Windown film from Palmetto Pro Tint
H&R Super Sport lowering springs
KMC Nova series wheels with Nitto NT550 tires (staggered fit)
OEM 1966 "GT" fender badges...yes they are over 50 years old
UPR Products Pistol grip shifter
Dash has been blacked out
Pioneer f700 headunit
Roush hood scoop
Saleen headlight splitters
Clear front corner marker lights
Cherry Bomb mufflers

https://www.facebook.com/david.ridgill

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangmallory Sun May 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Richard, I won't lie...when Stacy showed up yesterday and laid into the gas, I've never heard your green car come to life like that before!! Made my hair stand up and salute! lol Smile
mustangmallory
mustangmallory

Mods: : Mallory is more about looks than speed right now. I'm trying to keep it clean and classy, while bringing out the natural aggression of our beloved stangs.

Pioneer f700 headunit
Roush hood scoop
Cherry Bomb mufflers

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun May 01, 2011 10:59 pm

X2 on the Cherry Bombs, I will never trade my Vortex's for anything!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 am

coming from a person that has ran Flowmaster 40 series for 4+ years, i have heard Dan's Vortex Cherry Bombs and my next exhaust will without a doubt be vortex cherry bombs... just my opinion though...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon May 02, 2011 8:01 am

David, I didn't think that it was the green beast when I first heard it. She sounds bit different with a girl driving her! Of course Stacy doesn't hold anything back when it comes to announcing her presence with the Stang. God I love that woman!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangmallory Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 am

We know you love that woman, but are you referring to Stacy or the car?! I'm just kidding, but correct me if I'm wrong. Once you get married, it's kind of illegal to be married to 2 women in the same house. This mean the vert might need to find a new home? Just kidding still, I think lack of sleep is getting to me.
mustangmallory
mustangmallory

Pioneer f700 headunit
Roush hood scoop
Cherry Bomb mufflers

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

I'm all for selling the vert but Stacy has become quite attached to it. In fact you can find it in the parking lot of her employer today! Sorry for the thread jacking.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by osoevil94 Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm

im usually a flowmaster fan most of the time. have you checked out pypes Violaters? im not sure if they have them for sn95 models but its another option.
osoevil94
osoevil94
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Gator dont play that!
My Name: : Lee
My Ride/Rides: : 1995 Mustang GTS
Mods: : hpipe no mufflers, smoked headlights, shorty headers, CAI, 3.73 rear end gears, king cobra clutch.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 am

i love flowmasters as well but recently I have grown to like my cam straight pipe better :p im doing what i can to sound like a v8 gotta compensate for 2 missing cylinders
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down