WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submit Ideas for 2011 Season!

+9
cnews85
Batman
BRADTHEBLADE
whitesnake
GreyGhost
wingedone
BraMas
JUSTAGT
Danstang
13 posters

Go down

Submit Ideas for 2011 Season! Empty Submit Ideas for 2011 Season!

Post by Danstang Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:30 am

Have and idea of an event that you would like us to do as a club, then please submit it on this thread. We have some pretty cool things planed for next year but are always looking for different things to do that makes everyone happy. If you have a link to the event post that also or give us the name of the event when it is and we can Google it. Not all ideas may make it to the schedule, but we will do our best to look closely at all considerations and possibilities.

Last edited by Danstang on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Submit Ideas for 2011 Season! Empty Re: Submit Ideas for 2011 Season!

Post by JUSTAGT Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Another color cruise with the group of this year would be excellent!
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Here is one I'm kicking around. The Hot Power Tour is in our neck of the woods again I'm pretty sure I cant do it all but maybe half of it.
It hits Nashville on June 7th and I thought it would be cool to hit it up from there.
Here is the tour route
Saturday June 4, Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Sunday June 5, Valdosta, GA South Georgia Motorsports Park

Monday June 6, Montgomery, AL Montgomery Motorsports Park

Tuesday June 7, Nashville, TN LP Field

Wednesday June 8, Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Thursday June 9, Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegon

Friday June 10, Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark

Saturday June 11, Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Interesting Tim!

Do you know how they are getting from Muskegon to Detroit? I-96 or side roads?
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:15 pm

What about a trip to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo? I saw a comercial on tv today and it looked cool. Cool

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:56 am

GreyGhost wrote:What about a trip to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo? I saw a comercial on tv today and it looked cool. Cool

Been there several years ago and it was a cool zoo. Lots of WWII aircraft. Sounds good to me.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by whitesnake Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 am

mothers day car show at the fair grounds in coldwater cheers
whitesnake
whitesnake
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 61
Humor : sneaking up on you for the strike
My Name: : mike & chrystal
My Ride/Rides: : 99 cobra svt mustang white
Mods: : 18" boss chrome wheels,tinted windows,halo headlights,jlt cold air intake,led underbody lights.
cobra snake ,flames air bushed on the car

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 am

not shure of the date but the all ford show put on by cam would be one
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:03 am

I think we definitely need to do some of these shows in Jackson. They have a car show every last Friday of the month from May thru Sept. They've done a great job revitalizing downtown Jackson and I've heard great things about those shows. Here are the dates I've seen so far:

May 27th
June 24th
July 22nd
August 26th

Here is a brief quote from the city of Jackson site:

"Cruise In’s have become a very popular and anticipated event in Jackson, attracting hundreds of classic cars, antiques, street rods, and more, to the downtown streets. Live entertainment, radio broadcasts, and a vendor area with food and merchandise will also fill the Downtown. A “Best in Show” winner will be chosen at each Cruise In and all cruisers can enter to win DDA Gift Certificates. In addition to the cars and entertainment on the street, many Downtown restaurants feature entertainment while merchants offer sales and specials in their stores. See you there!
Cost: Free"
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 pm

I like the Jackson idea and its only what 1/2 hour away? Sounds like fun to me!
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 am

the sons of the american legion squadron #298 have invited us to the 11th annual MAKE A WISH car,truck and bike show august 13 at 9am to 3pm there will be slow drag,muffler wrap.door prizes,raffles...dash plaque and goodie bag for first 100 in..6 classes 2 trophies per class..entry fee is $10 general admission is $2 this is in battle creek contacts (dan) mike 269 275-3178 scott 269 317-0105 jon 269 419-9698...there will be a dj too...228 north 20th street battle creek mi 49037.. i think this would be a great way to be seen out in the public eyes cuz its for make a wish
Batman
Batman
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 40
Humor : I only do what the voices in my head tell me to do
My Name: : Chad
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang 3.8L,1993 Honda CBR 1000,1995 Yukon,1998 Dodge Ram 1500 W/snowplow,Dune Buggy Rail
Mods: : Kong KTune rims 16's,Magnaflow Stainless with 3" tips cat back,Pauls Performance tune's/SCT,T-5 Trans,8.8 Rear end with 373 gears stock sway bar,Custom paint job-orange with black flaming horse,tinted windows,K&N Cool Air Intake,BBK 65mm throttle body,B&M pro short throw shifter,ford racing springs

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 am

i have one more for the club..i drilled a well for a guy that opened an ice cream shop on m 66 that would be game for a car show with us as the main car club there maybe something like that with a twist like we could do that and have a cook out like the one at randys that was fun??
Batman
Batman
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 40
Humor : I only do what the voices in my head tell me to do
My Name: : Chad
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang 3.8L,1993 Honda CBR 1000,1995 Yukon,1998 Dodge Ram 1500 W/snowplow,Dune Buggy Rail
Mods: : Kong KTune rims 16's,Magnaflow Stainless with 3" tips cat back,Pauls Performance tune's/SCT,T-5 Trans,8.8 Rear end with 373 gears stock sway bar,Custom paint job-orange with black flaming horse,tinted windows,K&N Cool Air Intake,BBK 65mm throttle body,B&M pro short throw shifter,ford racing springs

Back to top Go down

Post by cnews85 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Clones store in Onondaga, car show July 30th, reg starts at 9am, I picked up the flyer at the store. Not sure when Daryls market in Arellius has there annual show but its always packed with nice cars. Very Happy
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 48
My Name: : Clyde
My Ride/Rides: : 91 Mustang Coupe, White
Mods: : Many, too many to list.

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm

did we like any of these? before we know it the snow will be here... i vote we make a trip out of something - jackson maybe? thoughts anyone?
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:24 am

I vote the one in Jackson on the 26!... It is also my daughters first Birthday!... So I'm not sure if we would actually be able to make it or not!... Lol. Just adding my two cents worth!!... Wink
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by 86GTBludger Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Cars and Bikes for special kids on September 13th
The show's at the beekman center, 2901 Wabash Road in Lansing.
Got a friend that told me about it and i'll deffinatly be there.
86GTBludger
86GTBludger
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 20
Humor : Always remember you're unique - just like everyone else!
My Name: : Chris
My Ride/Rides: : 1986 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback.
Mods: : Restoration work mostly, ideas keep getting thrown into the brewing pot! scratching for 350-400hp

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1307463424

Back to top Go down

Submit Ideas for 2011 Season! Empty Race Track Rental

Post by Mountain376 Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am

I'm new here but what about a track day/driving school event at Waterford Hills Raceway? The Roush and Shelby club does it as well as other various car clubs. I yet have to come actross a Mustang club that does this. Another option would be at Grattan Raceway.
Mountain376
Mountain376

Male Number of posts : 2
My Ride/Rides: : 2012 Mustang V6 Performance Package

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Mountain376 wrote:I'm new here but what about a track day/driving school event at Waterford Hills Raceway? The Roush and Shelby club does it as well as other various car clubs. I yet have to come actross a Mustang club that does this. Another option would be at Grattan Raceway.
It cost alot of $ to do a track rental. They best way to do this kind of thing is to go to a Test and Tune at that track. I know Gingerman does test and tune days during the summer for under $100 not sure if the other tracks do it. There are only a few of us that do this I have tried many times to get people to do an AutoX or open track day and get very little response
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mountain376 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:38 am

Really? The auto-cross events I went to this summer had quite a few Mustangs at them.
Mountain376
Mountain376

Male Number of posts : 2
My Ride/Rides: : 2012 Mustang V6 Performance Package

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:05 am

BraMas wrote:
Mountain376 wrote:I'm new here but what about a track day/driving school event at Waterford Hills Raceway? The Roush and Shelby club does it as well as other various car clubs. I yet have to come actross a Mustang club that does this. Another option would be at Grattan Raceway.
It cost alot of $ to do a track rental. They best way to do this kind of thing is to go to a Test and Tune at that track. I know Gingerman does test and tune days during the summer for under $100 not sure if the other tracks do it. There are only a few of us that do this I have tried many times to get people to do an AutoX or open track day and get very little response

ill bring the soup up one day for this cheers haha
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Mountain376 wrote:Really? The auto-cross events I went to this summer had quite a few Mustangs at them.
I meant no one from this club ever goes. who do you AutoX with
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 pm

BraMas wrote:
Mountain376 wrote:Really? The auto-cross events I went to this summer had quite a few Mustangs at them.
I meant no one from this club ever goes. who do you AutoX with

I'd do it if it didn't cost so much!.. Always wanted to try but just don't have the cash for it!.. Heck I just barely made it to the strip this year!!... Lol
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down