WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap...

3 posters

Go down

Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap... Empty Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap...

Post by wingedone Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 am

Damn piece of crap.

Went to start it last night. Turned over a few times as normal (hard starter when sitting without running), then nothing. Click, click.

Tried to jump it. Nada.

Put on the battery charger (I knew it wasn't that, but WTH). This morning, completely charged (fairly new battery). Click, click.

Figure it is the starter. Going to give it a shove tonight, see if it is a dead spot. I am sure it won't work. Piece of crap car. Been nothing but a problem since the day I got it. I have never had a lemon before. This must be my first. Guess I have been lucky.

Not sure if it has a separate solenoid or part of the starter. Have the books and will check tonight. (429 car).

Now I am in so deep with this car, I can't get out without a huge loss. Ever been there? I commiserate.

When the power steering hose blew and spewed fluid all over the engine bay, I was severly tempted to throw a match on it. Oh how I wish I had.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap... Empty Re: Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap...

Post by BraMas Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Make sure you don't have a corroded ground wire. This is what is sounds like to me
Looks like it might be time to put a hitch on the Focus Very Happy
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap... Empty Re: Anyone want to buy a 69 T-bird, cheap...

Post by wingedone Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:51 pm

BraMas wrote:Make sure you don't have a corroded ground wire. This is what is sounds like to me

Should have put it on the Cobra! affraid
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:24 am

BraMas wrote:Make sure you don't have a corroded ground wire. This is what is sounds like to me

I checked the negative. Unfortunately that wasn't it. Usually for me, a $2k engine will melt down to save a 10cent fuse. Rolling Eyes

Turned out to be the starter. I wonder what next. pale
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm

You know, that Superbird looks like it's going to fall apart soon too. Might as well sell it to me now along with the T-Bird and relieve yourself of the impending headaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:58 pm

you are way in the back of the line to buy MY(lol) superbird.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down