WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI

3 posters

Go down

Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI Empty Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI

Post by wingedone Sat May 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Where can I get some at a pump? Theres a station over by Gun Lake that has it but thats too far away for regular fueling.

I am not having any luck on the internet.

The Thunderbird could use a bit higher than the 92/93 when under load hauling the trailer (some spark knock).

I thought that I could get some and mix it in from a pump whenever we will be hauling.

Thanks guys!
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI Empty Re: Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI

Post by BraMas Sat May 08, 2010 4:58 pm

FYI it is illegal to pump racing fuel directly into your car in MI. there is no road tax on it. If I where you I would look into a fuel additive you can add to your tank at every fuel up.
I know some people use the Torco additive
http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI Empty Re: Looking for "racing fuel" 100 octane or so, around Charlotte, MI

Post by wingedone Sat May 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks Tim. So how do they sell the fuel I saw at a pump? Is it for boat use only (the station is next to Gun Lake)? Would they sell it to me if I bought it in a 5 gallon can and say it is for boat use?
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 pm

you can pump it into a container but you can not put the nozzel into your car and pump.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Sat May 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Found this interesting, on octane boosters for anyone interested.

http://volvospeed.com/Reviews/octane_boosters.html
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by cnews85 Sun May 09, 2010 3:46 pm

I buy Cam2 at the Speedway gas station in Mason, its 110 octane but i have been cutting it with 87. My car has 11:2 comp ratio so i only need about 104 octane. I use 3 gallons of 110 and 2 gal of 87, I use 87 because there is not as many additives in it. My car actually picked up a little bit when i did this last year. Just buy 5 gal of 110 and cut as you see fit when when towing. Very Happy
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 48
My Name: : Clyde
My Ride/Rides: : 91 Mustang Coupe, White
Mods: : Many, too many to list.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Sun May 09, 2010 7:32 pm

cnews85 wrote:I buy Cam2 at the Speedway gas station in Mason, its 110 octane but i have been cutting it with 87. My car has 11:2 comp ratio so i only need about 104 octane. I use 3 gallons of 110 and 2 gal of 87, I use 87 because there is not as many additives in it. My car actually picked up a little bit when i did this last year. Just buy 5 gal of 110 and cut as you see fit when when towing. Very Happy

Excellent, the information I was looking for.

Thanks!!! drinktothat
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun May 09, 2010 8:58 pm

what I used to do was fill up my container drive up the road about a mile and than dump about 5 Gallons into my car. You might get lucky and have a little in your tank for a couple of fill ups. At least I did
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down