WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show

+2
RidethePony
RoadBlock
6 posters

Go down

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show Empty "March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:14 am

It's back, time for round 2!!!! That's right "March Madness" 2

This is our big event of the year to host. Still time for volunteers as well as people to help coordinate things. Keep up on this topic for scheduled meetings to provide info about the event.

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show MarchMadnessFlyer

Back to top Go down

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show Empty Re: "March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:14 pm

The rep from respond First Aid just left my shop. I am in discussion with them as being a sponsor. They are very interested and I should know in the next day or two. They even mentioned possibly wanting to bring one of their vehicle to the show as well. Cool

Back to top Go down

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show Empty Re: "March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:08 pm

More news..I've got 3 radio interviews in Murray, Hopkinsville and Cadiz, KY the week before and week of "March Madness". Each interview will be roughly 20 minute interview with discussion and questions about the event.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:30 pm

hey I cant get the generator to run in camper so if someone know how to fix it then it would have power and you wont need to be pluged in. if no genorator then I will have to have a plaug in spot. hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:54 am

Blueyegal wrote:hey I cant get the generator to run in camper so if someone know how to fix it then it would have power and you wont need to be pluged in. if no genorator then I will have to have a plaug in spot. hugs
I can come by and look at it this saturday sometime if you want. Cause was also thinking that would be the best time to get the four wheeler that Im bringing out there to load. Just let me or Geri know.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 324
Humor : What the duece? Doh'
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater
Mods: : Intake, Exhaust, Suspension, Appearance. Nuff said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 am

sure when ever you all have the time

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:37 am

Ok then ill get with Geri and we'll figure out a good time.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:23 pm

This event is getting close!!! Just wanted to remind folks that fliers are still available to pass out. Either let myself or Paul (musiccitygt) know if you need more copies. Also to remind folks that on March 22nd we'll be doing a goodie bag party to get all the goodie bags together.

Also the weekend of March 21st - 23rd is the International Car Show at the Nashville Convention Center, this would be another good time to distribute fliers. Also on March 22nd Bob (RedRoushOne) is heading to Beech Bend track (Bowling Green, KY) to hand out fliers, if you would like to tag along with Bob send him a private message to arrange a meeting time and place.

We're now down to less than 2 weeks before the big event. If you have some free time or just would like to help out with the last minute things. Post up here or let myself or Paul (musiccitygt) know...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:04 pm

ok I have something for you. I am going to hit springfield and adams this week. So I might have to get with you all about getting a stack of fliers. Aso eddy would you mind if I talk to will about taken the RV up there friday night and leaving it for sat morning that way i can drive my car sat morning and be able to have everything there. if you just tell me where you want it we can get it parked and then set it up sat morning.
John you are golden he got the generator running so we are going to take it there. I will be cleaning it next week so that it is ready to go. I am going to get drinks and some breakfeast and lunch food. I am not sure really what anyone wants but I thought I would do the best to get some snack food. so that we all can stay energized and healthy.

Hey great news Nicky might beable to get online again. yea!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Thank you thank you. I try. Good thing it was something small. Just keep me or Geri up with plans on driving it out there so i can plan accordingly.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Blueyegal wrote:ok I have something for you. I am going to hit springfield and adams this week. So I might have to get with you all about getting a stack of fliers. Aso eddy would you mind if I talk to will about taken the RV up there friday night and leaving it for sat morning that way i can drive my car sat morning and be able to have everything there. if you just tell me where you want it we can get it parked and then set it up sat morning.
Give me a call, so I can get you some fliers.. I'll talk with William this week about the camper, shouldn't be an issue.. :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show Empty Update

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:15 pm

Today I had a Live Radio Interview in Cadiz, KY on 106.5FM. The interview lasted about 15 minutes from 1:30pm - 1:45pm. Got to discuss all about the racing and car show.

Next week more interviews lined up to help promote the event.

3-25 Tuesday Night at 10:30pm I'll have another radio interview on an internet radio site Nashville Free Radio. http://www.radiofreenashville.org/

3-27 Thursday Morning at 7:30am I'll be on 1480AM in Hopkinsville, KY.

3-27 Thursday Afternoon at 2:30pm I'll be on 106.5FM in Cadiz, KY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:32 am

Just wanted to say Thanks to Paul for getting Ny-Trex to help with sponsorship.

We now have a complete EFI Wet Nitrious System valued at $600 to offer up for raffle, during "March Madness".. approve

One week left, before the big event. Let's spread the word as much as possible before March 29th..

Back to top Go down

Post by RidethePony Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:03 pm

That is awesome. I can see a lot of people purchasing tickets for that raffle.
RidethePony
RidethePony
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Female Number of posts : 319
Humor : I did not escape, I have a day pass!!
My Name: : Tina
My Ride/Rides: : 2010 Mustang GT Black , 2006 Expedition Gray
Mods: : Owning a mustang is hazardous to your warranty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:46 pm

My pleasure!!

Actually the kit retails for $719.00 Here is the link - EFI V8 Wet Kit

And remember everyone, they are offering all Wildhorses members a 40% discount for the next few weeks! Info on their vendor thread.
:*nos*:

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm

So what time is the meet up Sat. morning? I'm assuming it's at the track....?
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 pm

JH96GT wrote:So what time is the meet up Sat. morning? I'm assuming it's at the track....?
Everyone at the track no later than 6:50am.. We'll be sitting up that morning before the event.. I know some of us will be at Ryan's at 6:30am, then cruise over..

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:33 am

Geri and I will meet you guys at the track. That way we wont have to back track. We will be there at about 6:30 or 6:40.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by RidethePony Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:51 am

We will just meet you at the track.
RidethePony
RidethePony
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Female Number of posts : 319
Humor : I did not escape, I have a day pass!!
My Name: : Tina
My Ride/Rides: : 2010 Mustang GT Black , 2006 Expedition Gray
Mods: : Owning a mustang is hazardous to your warranty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:25 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:
JH96GT wrote:So what time is the meet up Sat. morning? I'm assuming it's at the track....?
Everyone at the track no later than 6:50am.. We'll be sitting up that morning before the event.. I know some of us will be at Ryan's at 6:30am, then cruise over..

Which means I need to leave my house by 4:30 AM. Hopefully I'll get off work on time tomorrow. whip
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

"March Madness" Racing Event & Car Show Empty March Madness '08 another success!!!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Well another event finished, with success.. Great job everyone that came out and fought with the unfavorable conditions...With rain lasting all night the day before the event and temps only being in the high 40's. This was still a success as far as I'm concerned.. Yes it took 2 hours to dry the track, winds were blowing with 20 mph gust and the day was just miserable for a car show, but we did it. This couldn't have been done without everyones help!!

Final numbers for the day...

25 Drag Racers
51 Car Show Participants
265 Attendees for the day..

Back to top Go down

Post by streetstang01 Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Not as good as last year, but not bad for an event that really could've been rained out. I just want to thank everybody that helped me and gave me an extra hand since i was on crutches.
streetstang01
streetstang01
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:19 am

congrats everyone!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down