WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway

4 posters

Go down

Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway Empty Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway

Post by wingedone Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 am

Got this from Charlotte Cruisers email:

Sunday, 9/27 - Onondaga Dragway Car Show & Drag Racing, Bellevue Rd. just east of Onondaga, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm followed by racing, $10 entry/$15 if you stay to race. (Racing 1/8 mile track) Only first 50 registered will be eligible to race.) 517-667-6035

Isn't this the place you guys were talking about earlier this spring. Someone here had met with the guy running it for just him and his friends?
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway Empty Re: Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway

Post by Black On Black Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Cool your right someone had met with them. I am going to try to go out to this and get some more info. Also a chance to :*wheelie*:
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway Empty Re: Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway

Post by cnews85 Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:03 pm

I read on another site (waterwinterwonderland.com) the racing was cancelled due to the number of people but the car show is still a go. The info said, 9am till 2pm, either way I plan on making it out. It will be cool to see cars at daga once again. :^drunk^:
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 48
My Name: : Clyde
My Ride/Rides: : 91 Mustang Coupe, White
Mods: : Many, too many to list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:39 am

I would really like to see the track reopen, but the cards are stacked against them. They cancelled the racing because a huge response. If the fans had their way, it would be open. But local politics and ordinances have got their hands tied.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by cnews85 Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Sun. turn out was really good there were over 150 cars registered for the show I was #108. I have some pics but for the life of me cannot get them posted. Burn out contest was pretty good also, they should have charged spectators my guess is over 300 people. There are some new plans for next year but like Dan said we'll see how far it gets, oh well it was a nice show and a good spot to hold it. approve
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Wish I wasn't at work, would have like to have been there. Hey Clyde, do you have a photobucket account? Upload the pics there then you can copy and paste from there or you can copy the link to your bucket and attach to the thread.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Drag racing at Onondage dragway Empty Onondaga Update

Post by cnews85 Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Went out to Onondaga on Sun. and did some racing there are some fast cars out there. I ended up breaking two of my wheel studs off on my left rear and bending the rest to the point that was very difficult to get my wheel off with out some messageing, oh well cheap fix. The video shows it, you can actually see them fly out but I will be back again this Sun weather permitting. There are some plans for next year so we can keep our fingers crossed.

As far as I know it's invite only, Sun. 1-6, 1/8th mile, hey It's close to home. I think out of the few of us that drove our cars out I was the only one that had to trailer it home for safty reasons. Had a blast though! :*burnout*:
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down