WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style.

+6
Krutch21
GearedRed6
Danstang
Shady
BraMas
Black On Black
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style. Empty Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style.

Post by Black On Black Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Cool Who in Sat april 11th Test and Tune 12pm to 6pm at US 131 Motorsports Park (Martin 131 Dragway). If driving through Charlotte Meijers at 10:00. If driving from somewhere else we can meet you on the way. 20.00 to race 12.00 to watch.

:*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*: :*burnout*:
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style. Empty Re: Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style.

Post by BraMas Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:36 pm

I think I'm game to get my ass kicked
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style. Empty Re: Past Event: Lets go Play Dragway Style.

Post by Shady Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:02 pm

not sure yet, that is 2 days after i get married and i already got a sitter for the kids thursday and friday but i'll see what i can do about saturday LOL

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Can't make it, gotta work! Next time I guess
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:40 pm

dont think im racing till my car is fixed!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GearedRed6 Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am

ill try to go not sure how to get their tho, we all riding out together?
GearedRed6
GearedRed6
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 330
Humor : Red by day, Orange by night!
My Name: : George
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 4.2 V6 Mustang Red
Mods: : H/C/I and full bolt ons sitting on 315s

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:34 pm

looks like i am out.. i forgot i have a bachelor party that night and i am the best man so can't really miss it...

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm

BraMas wrote:I think I'm game to get my ass kicked

I won't be there, your good to go man!! lol
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:30 pm

Sounds like fun! What do you need to race?

Brian

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Sounds like fun! Any requirements to racing? Don't think I'll have a chance since I'm stock, but would love to know my times. Not sure how to get there, I'll have to follow. Lets pray for good weather?!?!?!?!?!!! :%worthy%:
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 pm

This is just a test and tune not a real racing event just seeing what kind of times. If you run under a 14.0 i know you need to have a helmet (you convertible guys have to have one no matter what....). I'm not sure what kind of times you need if you get into the 12's but Tim is the only one that even has a chance at that (and the supercharged guys if they decide to show up). I've heard if you plan on running slicks you must have a driveshaft loop but again not sure about that...

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Test and tunes are pretty relaxed and you go just to have fun and get track time. Half the time you get lined up with a full blown race car anyway.
Don't worry if your car is stock it's all about having fun.
I'm sure the Lansing area guys will meet and run over in a group like they usually do. Watch this thread for more info.
The only other thing they probably look at during tech is your battery hold down. If you have a doubt about how good it is bring a bungee strap. And wear Jeans.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm

BraMas wrote: And wear Jeans.

Last time Tim got kicked out cause he heard "Drag Racing" and showed up in heels and a skirt....

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:31 pm

LMAO!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 am

Cool Read post at top of thread on times and cost, as shady said helmet if you have a vert or faster then 14 sec. If you have any other questions post here and we will try to respond. You can also check.

http://www.us131motorsportspark.com/index.asp?pageid=3

for some information or call the track during the day at 269/672-7800
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 pm

I might be able to do this and who knows I might run my own car this time with me behind the wheel lol lo lol
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Cool You go girl. :*woohoo*:
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 pm

EyeCandy4U wrote:
BraMas wrote: And wear Jeans.

Last time Tim got kicked out cause he heard "Drag Racing" and showed up in heels and a skirt....

LMFAO!!!!!! You can stand in a man's garage and just never understand some things...............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Tim

We can go leave together and go down if you are going..... I will bring the Mach. Probably going to get the wife to bring the vette and a friend of mine to bring his 78 T/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 am

Cool I talked to US 131 Motorsport Park today and if you run drag slicks you need driveshaft safty loops. If you run Drag Radials (dot tires) you do not have to run loops.
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:42 pm

wiz_of_wuz wrote:Tim

We can go leave together and go down if you are going..... I will bring the Mach. Probably going to get the wife to bring the vette and a friend of mine to bring his 78 T/A
Sounds good Brian. We will set a little cruise over there.
Side note I have your covers stripped and when I get home from KY I should be able to get them done
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GearedRed6 Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:32 pm

ok cool, i will be at the meijer by 10 its about time i check out the track, so who all is goin for sure?
GearedRed6
GearedRed6
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 330
Humor : Red by day, Orange by night!
My Name: : George
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 4.2 V6 Mustang Red
Mods: : H/C/I and full bolt ons sitting on 315s

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 am

Cool I am there and maybe Sandy
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:30 am

wiz_of_wuz wrote:Sounds like fun! What do you need to race?

Brian
Also, make sure your battery is secured! Never hurts to have an extra bungee cord around, right Zack?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by cnews85 Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:00 pm

I got my car aligned thur. but i need an inner tie rod end for the manuel rack. I will get that installed today but luckly the alignment shop will help me out and do it again. If possible I might cruise the car to meijer but no track for me this weekend. Tooooo damn many things going on at once!
The track is right next to the highway, the Martin exit on US 131. If headed north you will see it on the left side of the interstate before the Martin exit. Everyone have fun!!!!
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 48
My Name: : Clyde
My Ride/Rides: : 91 Mustang Coupe, White
Mods: : Many, too many to list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next