WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th

+5
BraMas
BRADTHEBLADE
Shady
wingedone
Danstang
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th Empty Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 am

Here's the next big day planned for the chapter:
Saturday, Oct. 18th, there will be another charity drive for soldiers wish list. This time it will be for donating materials for care packages to send to soldiers in Iraq, for Kyle's (Cowboy Kyle) National Guard unit, the 1460th Transportation Unit. At noon we will have a meeting to discuss a few club details including the future of the club, t-shirt/decal orders, event feedback, progress on next years schedule, and other topics of interest. After the meeting, we will head to the donations drop off at Sam's Club, then to our annual corn maze (20 min. or so east of Lansing just off of I-96).

Here are the latest details the Randy put together:

Heres the scoop

We are meeting at Tom and Barbara's at Noon. Tom and Barbara are making a big pot of Chili, too late in the season to do a cookout. They will have coffee and cider available. Folks can bring taco salad, veggie or cheese trays, beans & rice, tortilla chips & salsa, chile con queso, seven layer dip, or anything else that would go well with the chili."

The Address For the Meeting is below.

1238 Otto Road
Charlotte

Section of Otto Road between Packard Hwy (runs next to Wallyworld) and Lansing Road (4 lane road).

Number is on the mail box POST. 2 story, gray and brick home. If the weather is nice, I will have the bird parked out front. You WILL NOT miss the house with the big old bird hanging out front. LOL

then we can do the drop off at Sam's Club sometime before 6pm. Then on to the Corn Maze.

If there is any question please ask and I will respond Tue evening.
I will be out of town till then.
Randy

Come one, come all!!!!
Dan

Last edited by Danstang on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th Empty Re: Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 am

Kyle called me and told me not to go... that we shouldnt do the cruise lol!!!

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th Empty Re: Past Event: Soldiers drive/Meeting/Corn maze on Oct. 18th

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Maxstealth04 wrote:Kyle called me and told me not to go... that we shouldnt do the cruise lol!!!
Is that because of the last "care package" he got? LOL They feel horrible about messing that one up, his last name was confused as his first!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:10 pm

LMAO!!! That would be funny!!! But no... he said they are trying to raise money for internet that they already have the money for and the soldiers are still gonna have to pay out of pocket... or something to those lines he says.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:07 pm

I havn't heard from ya Dan, but that date is good for us.

If you have something else in mind, that's good too. Smile

Thomas
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Maxstealth04 wrote:LMAO!!! That would be funny!!! But no... he said they are trying to raise money for internet that they already have the money for and the soldiers are still gonna have to pay out of pocket... or something to those lines he says.
Mike at he VFW post said they are also looking for material donations (I will post that list soon), I'll have to ask Kyle exactly what he's talking about. :^scratch^:
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:40 pm

wingedone wrote:I havn't heard from ya Dan, but that date is good for us.

Thomas
Sounds good, once we decide for sure, you'll be the first to know. BTW, PM me your cell #.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:46 pm

OK, I made an edit to the first post on this thread. The soldiers benefit/collection is at the Charlotte VFW and it is only there, that means it is not a "drive" like the Toys run was. We actually drop off the donations there, then are free to move on our way. I still think we need to "cruise" in as a group at VFW, now we just need to get some times straight for everyone.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:49 am

Danstang wrote:

Thomas
Sounds good, once we decide for sure, you'll be the first to know. BTW, PM me your cell #.

Please just give me a call on my home phone. Let me know if you don't have the number anymore.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smile
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:48 am

wingedone wrote:
Danstang wrote:

Thomas

Please just give me a call on my home phone. Let me know if you don't have the number anymore.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smile
Don't have it, shoot me a PM with it. Thanks,
Dan
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:40 am

Hey Dan,

Looking at the outbox of my PM's, it does not list what I thought I had sent you.

Sorry about that. Must have messed up.

Anyway, sent!

Thomas
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 pm

i just got off the phone with kyle and he got the wrong info he thought we were going to midland for something else he said the VFW has been trying to help out a lot so it would be nice if we could make a drop off they have been very good to his unit i do have kyle's address if anyone would like it he will be on line more as soon as he gets his computer back,he is doing good! hope i see you guys sunday at union city if not see you on the 18th!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 am

wingedone wrote:Hey Dan,

Looking at the outbox of my PM's, it does not list what I thought I had sent you.

Sorry about that. Must have messed up.

Anyway, sent!

Thomas
I'll call ya soon, working hour #70 and no time to call at a descent hour!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Were you able to drive by Dan?

What you think?
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Thomas, it looks good! Now, if anyone can help me out here, I am swamped at work as of late and on Monday I have to go to Minnesota for the week (my aunt is not doing well and I must go see her). I will be back by Saturday, but will not be able to be here to do all the planning. Randy, Jessica, or Shady---could you please give me a hand with this one (Jess I need your new cell#, the one I have does not work, PM it to me).
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:50 am

alright, Randy or Jess are either one of you doing the saturday morning thing? I work the night before and will not be able to attend.... If we kick off the meeting by about 4:00 that should give us plenty of time since we plan on being at the maze about 6:45. This means we would have to leave the meeting by about 6:00ish. Let me know what you guys think...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Shady, I know the VFW drop-off ends at 6:00pm at Sam's Club. Think you could be up earlier for the meeitng?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:55 pm

A little update:

I sent information requested by Randy to him via PM. I will let him post it as he is planning too along with any other info he has.

But I can say that the meeting place is a go and I hope you all can make it.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Everyone, here is a list of items needed for the soldiers in Iraq to be dropped off at Sam's Club on Oct 18th:
A Soldiers Wish List
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 pm

yea i think we may need more than 2 hours for all the stuff we plan on doing at this meet.we are no were as fast at makeing up our minds as we are at driveing.(well maybe faster than zac's car)lol anyway just my 2 cents.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:33 pm

so whats the plan? are we deing the meeting then the drop off then the corn maze? originally i was told you were doing the drop off thing early then the meeting then the maze thats why i planned things the way i did... we do have a couple things we gotta go over at the meeting too so i will figure out better times so we can have like a 4 hour meeting. Were we planning on doing a potluck for this or did we just wanna catch Mc Donalds after the corn maze like previous years?

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:04 am

Originally, that was correct. But in light of info on how the soldiers wish list drive is being done, it changed how we originally could do things. The drop off is actually in Lansing, making more sense to do that on the way to the corn maze. I'd be up for a potluck though, I think that's what we are leaning towards.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:30 am

OK so what is the plan? This thread is very confusing.
What time are we meeting and where.
Are we having a pot luck and what do we need to bring?
I'll send out n e-mail to everyone when this thread makes sense or has good info in it.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:53 am

Tim, Randy is getting some details together and should have them soon. I've been at work so I have not been able to get any info yet. After work Sunday, I'll find out more. Potluck: yes. Meeting at wingedone's place in Charlotte (easy to find). Time will have to be noon or 1pm (plan for that approx).
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 am

i vote we have door prizes i whant to win the superbird.lol any way let me know and if need to let me know what to bring for the potluck so we dont endup with a buch of snacks or just chips.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next