WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need opinions about possible body mod.

+2
scstanger
mustangmallory
6 posters

Go down

Need opinions about possible body mod. Empty Need opinions about possible body mod.

Post by mustangmallory Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 pm

What's up everyone. I've got a body mod in mind that could either be the hottest thing ever....or fail miserably. I've talked to a few people and it would require custom metal work, cutting into the body of the car, and no looking back. Getting to the point, most people should realize that my body style is retro styled after the 70-71 Boss Mustang. As much as people wanna say Ford went after the original 60's, they're wrong...sorry! The one body cue that Ford definitely ignored was the functional air dams over the rear quarters that were essentially brake coolers. I've looked all over and haven't found anything even remotely similar to this mod on my body style. That could be a sign that it isn't worth it or another sign that no one has been ballsy enough to try. I tried to post a pic of the 70 Boss so you could get a clear pic, but google wasn't cooperating. I'm also probably ordering the Cervini quarter window covers that will make this look a lot more apparent. Any comments or opinions are appreciated! Nothing will offend me, just curious what people might think before I pull the trigger.
mustangmallory
mustangmallory

Male Number of posts : 246
Humor : I find humor in everything!
My Name: : Ridge
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Mustang GT
Mods: : Mallory is more about looks than speed right now. I'm trying to keep it clean and classy, while bringing out the natural aggression of our beloved stangs.

CDC Aggressive chin spoiler
Golden Eye 6k HID headlights and foglights
Shelby Cobra Super Snake stripe
20% Windown film from Palmetto Pro Tint
H&R Super Sport lowering springs
KMC Nova series wheels with Nitto NT550 tires (staggered fit)
OEM 1966 "GT" fender badges...yes they are over 50 years old
UPR Products Pistol grip shifter
Dash has been blacked out
Pioneer f700 headunit
Roush hood scoop
Saleen headlight splitters
Clear front corner marker lights
Cherry Bomb mufflers

https://www.facebook.com/david.ridgill

Back to top Go down

Need opinions about possible body mod. Empty Re: Need opinions about possible body mod.

Post by scstanger Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:13 am

I say it's your car brother and go with what ever you feel like doing. I haven't seen it on Mustangs but my BMW had them and I think that it's a really nice feature, especially if you're going to be doing some hard brakeing. Not sure if I spelled that right!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Need opinions about possible body mod. Empty Re: Need opinions about possible body mod.

Post by Shady Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Its sorta weird, they are functional on my 95 V-6 but were for appearance only on both my 94GT and 97GT... It would definately be something different to set the car even more apart from the other 1,000,000 mustangs in this state LOL...I think it would be pretty sweet as long as you go in to it with a very solid plan and have someone that knows what they are doing do it... nothing worse than a botched body mod... The car is already beautiful and sits apart from the rest but i am always a supporter of adding your own touch to your vehicle...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Shady wrote:nothing worse than a botched body mod...
Spoken from experience (the red 'Stang w/Lambo doors). That kit was becoming a nightmare the way it was all shaved in.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 am

shady they were and still are functional on the red 94.all 94-95 cars had open side vents they closed them off in 96 and up.dont know why but they did.i just seen whats still left of the old red car last sat.it is sad omgno
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm

is this kinda what you are going for?
Need opinions about possible body mod. Cov-0710

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 am

were you wanting functional rear quarter windows modded to be brake coolers or the rear quarter itself? found this on silverhorse racing:
Need opinions about possible body mod. Pi_16141
http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16141&category_id=255

looks like the 2008 gt500 super snake came with rear brake cooling. Call up ford and see what a rear quarter costs?!?

Need opinions about possible body mod. 357_112_0706_01l_2008_shelby_gt500_supersnake_front_profile

you may also wanna hit up some of the guys on: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ i guess alot of them have done this mod!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 pm

yeah sorry i meant the quarter panel on the GT500 not the windows... guess i should have been more specific...

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down