WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions needed....

+3
BRADTHEBLADE
BraMas
scstanger
7 posters

Go down

Do you like these wheels on this car?

Opinions needed.... I_vote_lcap100%Opinions needed.... I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Opinions needed.... I_vote_lcap0%Opinions needed.... I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Opinions needed.... Empty Opinions needed....

Post by scstanger Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 am

I'm considering buying these wheels but I'm really on the fence. What do you guys think?

Opinions needed.... Img00012

Opinions needed.... Img00011

Opinions needed.... Img00010

Honest Opinions please. I haven't paid for them yet so I want to know what you think. Thanks.

Last edited by scstanger on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addidng image)
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed.... Empty Re: Opinions needed....

Post by BraMas Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:38 pm

I like them! but I'm not feeling the center cap for some reason
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:55 pm

I like them too but there is something about them that just isn't grabbing me... I can't figure it out. Maybe it's the center cap. I don't think that they are as wide as my stock wheels which is a definite con. I have the 17x9 stock wheels and these are 18x? They were on the Springdale Police mustang prior to being on mine. Just not sure what to do yet. The guy wants $1200 for wheels and tires!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:08 pm

18's cost to much to replace when there is no tread left and for 1200 you can buy almost any set of rims and tires out there bran new.just my2cents
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:14 pm

I like them! But, the price is kinda high. I just put a brand new set of 20's with new tires on my mustang and thats about what I paid.

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed.... Empty Negative

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey brother, I knew those looked familiar. At that price I would agree with everyone else, pass. For 800 or 850 sure. I also agree that something isnt hitting me right about them. iagree my2cents

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Ya for $1200 you can get almost any rim and tire you want at Latemodel Resto or American Muscle.
Are they off a S197 Mustang? if so definitely pass they have a different offset and the rears never look right on our cars
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by dago Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 pm

Let them go you will find something alot better.
dago
dago

Female Number of posts : 852
My Name: : GLENDA
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 GT YELLOW SHE IS CALLED BLACK WIDOW SHE HAS A TUNNER A COLD AIR INTAKE CATBACK X PIPES RUNS A 13.5 IN THE QUARTER two tone katskin leater with a blackwidow on the head rest yellow carbin dash kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:18 am

Agreed!!!!!!! Will be giving them back this weekend as I just can't make myself like them...I tried. Yes they did come off of a S197 and couldn't figure why the rear didn't look right, thanks for that info. They are 18x9.5 just not for me. Thanks for all the feedback everybody!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:31 am

Thank god you dropped that deal PEEYOU those rims stink.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 pm

iagree
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 am

Good choice on not choosing those, Richard. Like Brad said, the 18's rubber is too pricey compared to 17's.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down