WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need opinions please!

5 posters

Go down

I need opinions please! Empty I need opinions please!

Post by scstanger Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Ok gang it's tuner time. My car doesn't have many upgrades to the engine yet so I'm going to buy a tuner for now to get the mixtures right and turn off the CEL. After the supercharger is purchased and installed then I'll have it dyno tuned. For now a can tune will work. My only question is which tuner should I get? SCT, Diablo or Delta Force? They are all comparably priced and seem to have the same features. Input please as I'm buying one on Wednesday. Thanks.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

I need opinions please! Empty Re: I need opinions please!

Post by Shady Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 pm

i know when the michigan chapter was looking into a dynotune they used a SCT tuner and the price of it was included into your tune, so already having the right tuner may reduce the cost of the dyno tune

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:24 pm

SCT seems to be the most used in my area and the one that was used on my car. Not sure if the others are worse or better. Ask the shop that will install the supercharger as they more than likely prefer one and use that brand! You can use the same unit when you do the supercharger tune.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah I plan on using the same tuner then but the charger purchase could be a while off yet. So for now I have the Roush CAI, BBK 70mm throttle body and plenum, Magnaflow X w/ Cats and Roush Shorty Mufflers. Not a lot of mods. Just wanting opinions on tuners right now.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 pm

SCT is the one I would go with, it holds several different tunes, you can keep the stock tune and the new tune then also keep the supercharger tune later.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 pm

I had diablosport then went to SCT because i can run the PRP tuning software right out of the box. its been great so far. i would recommend finding a great tuner in your area and talk with them. if they use diablosport go that route if SCT then go there. just my .02

you lucky SOB's have Amazon nearby too, i have heard nothing but good things from them especially if you can make it to their shop
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by osoevil94 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Ive never heard anything bad about the sct tuners. i think tht would be your best bet.
osoevil94
osoevil94
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Gator dont play that!
My Name: : Lee
My Ride/Rides: : 1995 Mustang GTS
Mods: : hpipe no mufflers, smoked headlights, shorty headers, CAI, 3.73 rear end gears, king cobra clutch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down