WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts and Opinions

+4
Shady
Danstang
BraMas
WLDHRSE
8 posters

Go down

Thoughts and Opinions Empty Thoughts and Opinions

Post by WLDHRSE Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:12 am

I have been concidering stepping down and out of wildhorses when I agreed to take this club over I never imagined the amount of DRAMA it would bring to my life. The vision I had for this club was to be a place where anybody no matter race,religion,looks,etc... could hang together and not have to worry rather or not they fit in or be judged and have each others backs at all times and of course they have to drive a Ford. This year has been very rough on me and my family.I have been out of the picture for awile to take care of my family even though this club is like my family I still have other responsibilities that need my attension right now. I love this club and everything it stands for and believe it or not I live for it I look forward to hanging with everybody any chance I can. In my opinion The Mustang is not just another car it is an icon, a statement and a life style not to taken lightly. At the tri-state event I was asked if I would concider stepping down. I said HELL NO! and alot of other things that need not be repeated. SORRY AJ just felt ambushed, betrayed and threatened all at the same time. I would like to put this out there to see what everybody's thoughts or opinions are. THANKS!

WLDHRSE
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 40
Humor : Objects in the mirror appear to be losing

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Opinions Empty Re: Thoughts and Opinions

Post by BraMas Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Just my .02 but we should discuss this in Person. There is to much drama in the MI chapter and it is very easy to create more on the internet.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:50 pm

I too agree with Tim, this discussion should be in person. Things are always taken wrong (even when not intended) when posted on the internet for some reason. Brian, I think we all will agree that family is first, got to look out for numero uno!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:46 am

Well guys we decided to unlock this thread so we could have a club discussion... it will be monitored very closely and people could be banned if we feel anyone is taking stabs at someone else so please keep that in mind.
That being said i guess i will start this off.... I am the only member left in the Michigan Chapter that has been here since the day AJ handed the club to Brian and Brian the first two years you did everything we could have asked for out of a president. The club was growing at an outstanding rate... about the last year and a half with all the family issues you have not been able to put the time into this club that it desperately needs. We are at a rebuilding point right now with the new website and everything and it is hard to rebuild without an active president. When Eric was Vice-President and Angela got pregnant you were the first one to step up and tell Eric he could no longer be Vice President since he could not devote the time to the club, and i do not see where this is any different. We are not asking you to leave the club but I personally feel it is time for a new president.

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:41 pm

I agree with Shady on the last note... I havnt been a part of the club as long as some of the people... but I try to make an effort on showing up to the events I can!! I feel ya Brain... I have money probs.. not being able to maintain a job!! But as an E5 in the military i know if you are gonna be a leader you have to step up... and if you cant be there than it is time to step down. You have been a great pres for as long as I have been in the club... but we need a pres that is gonna be active!! This club is growing... and if it continues to grow we need stability!! I would love to see this club do more things... get involved with the communities... Dan has been workn that pretty good!!! And Brian you are right... there is ALOT of drama on this forum... everyone has their thoughts, just they dont know when is the right time and where the right place is... and the forums are not a place to express yourselfs like Dan said... you dont know what tone of voice the person is using... soo no matter how they say it, it seems like they are hating!!! We are a big family and its growing... Shady, Dan, Jessica, Randy, Tim, and James are always there... and I love being a part of that fam (although randy was gonna kill me that time we went to the track) and now my wife is enjoying the club!! For what my 2 cents counts... I would like to see Dan as Pres and Shady or Randy as Vice Pres.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:00 pm

I guess I don't have much valued opinion because I left the club over a year ago but maybe you'll understand why when I'm finished.

When I first moved to Michigan I was in dire need of finding a car club that met my standards for a club. To my surprise, I found a mustang club at hardcore racing that seemed young but mature and very hungry for memberships and car activities. The first summer I drove to Charlot just about every weekend for something, even if, to just hang out. Starting that winter I started noticing a break in the family bond that WH Michigan seemed to have. Although you may not remember the topics, I'm sure you all can remember my long passionate threads and posts on a whole slew of different feelings I had. After the next year, I decided to take a break, only showing up to the 28th street cruise which made me feel a little better about the clubs prospective place in my life. Then again the remorsefull feelings came back at the DQ event in Lansing which seemed to be just a place and time for the moanings of members and personal drama again. Which put me back in the same mindset as before, which was to just stay away. During that time, I had ideas of starting a WH chapter up in my region and when I talked to AJ he seemed very enthusiastic but I was then met with some personal attacks and drama from a couple Charlot leaders, which I thought to be uncalled for.

Brian is a great guy that is a very enthusiastic story teller and I don't really fault him for it. I've know a lot of people over the years with the same big heart and mostly good intentions. It's not our job or our place in life to make opinions that have judgments attached. It is your places however to run this car club with professionalism, tact, aggressive recruitment, and most importantly, a family environment. With a family there's always something but they should always be taken care of with respect.

I left the club because of a few different reason but a couple are that the club in Michigan seemed dead or at least stagnant. I felt I was lied to on more than a few occasions and I was being used. The name WH was a hollow shell and was made a mockery by leadership association. When I talked to other club members and non-members that tried hanging out or meeting the club in person I had more than a few complaints and negative words thrown my way about the clubs leadership and the seriousness of it being a real club. There's a few more reasons but those are the most important to me and I don't want to rant an entire paragraph of the negatives. WH Michigan has the possibility to be a great thriving heart for the mustang/ford community in Michigan that most of the other clubs lack.

Brian,
I don't think that you stepping down should be a thought of as a bad thing. I've been the president in a couple club and in all fairness it should rotate yearly or at least when the club isn't prospering in order to get fresh ideas and new goals for the family. Kinda like ministers in a Church, you go where you're needed most. Since there has been bad blood on this topic the past few months I know that it would be hard to not have negative feelings about stepping down as President. With WH's club being a family, at some point and time every family member experiences some form of humiliation. Don't think of it in a bad way, in a few months this wouldn't even be a topic, everyone will still love you Brian, please don't let the fear of humiliation or ego get in the way of the clubs progression. If you really want whats best for the club please step down.

In my club here in Bay City, we are going through a reorganization as well and for the most part everyone is doing well with the change. I see good things in the future for BCR and i'm sure for WildHorses, Michigan as well.

Good luck everyone, I hope to join you guys and gals sometime next year.

Mike
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 am

thanx for the short novel Mike, LOL j/p man, but seriously you threw some great points out there and i can't stress enough that its not that we don't appreciate what you have done Brian or that we want to be disassociated with you, its just that we feel at this time we are at a rebuilding state and are very dependent on an active president...

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 am

I agree
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:33 pm

so whats the word on this??? Are we gonna have a pow wow??? You guys discussing it??

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 pm

right...... what are we doing wth this ???
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:54 pm

*high fives Jessica*

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:25 pm

well i dont even want to get started on this but if there is a "pow wow"then every efort needs to be made that all members are able to atend and that the metting is held with respect and that no one feels ambushed or ganged up on.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Word yo!!! But we are adults enough.... everyone has an opinion on this subject and wants to be heard... jus have to find the right moment!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:19 am

we are planning a meeting to discuss this and the plans for next year... still trying to find a good weekend for everyone but it will be posted as soon as we know.

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Getting everyone together (and I don't mean me) in person can be difficult.
Maybe there is a place set up for "instant chat" where you all could meet to discuss this and keep in mind if you have 8 or 10 people you need to eliminate the chit-chat & jokes or you'll accomplish nothing. Best of luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboy kyle Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:17 pm

all i can say on the hole thing is who ever is going to take over they need to keep everyone in the club in mind on every dis that they make. even the people that aren't able to be there for one thing or another.

cowboy kyle
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : quit laughin because i am a tick tack
My Ride/Rides: : 1994 mustang gt red

http://myspace.com/countrytruckman84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down