WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transmission Shops

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Transmission Shops - Page 2 Empty Re: Transmission Shops

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 1:45 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:The warrenty company is sending me a brand new t3650...FOR FREE!
yeah its still a bunch of junk though keep the old one for future blow outs or sell them both and put in a TKO

I really want a t56! omfg i love em!
yeah but man the TKO's are just as strong if not stronger and cost hundreds less that just my 2 cents either way your still getting an amazing trans the t56 is tried and true they are quite amazing

Ya the t56's are definitely expensive, especially if you go with the viper spec one.

You can get a brand new T-56 for only like $2800... saw them in MM&FF mag

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:The warrenty company is sending me a brand new t3650...FOR FREE!
yeah its still a bunch of junk though keep the old one for future blow outs or sell them both and put in a TKO

yeah but man the TKO's are just as strong if not stronger and cost hundreds less that just my 2 cents either way your still getting an amazing trans the t56 is tried and true they are quite amazing

Ya the t56's are definitely expensive, especially if you go with the viper spec one.

yeah but thats probably the base one not the viper spec one
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 2:05 pm

COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:

haha. theres no way i'd shell out the cash for a built, viper t-56 lol. Thats ridiculous amounts of $$$.

A base t-56 is what they put in termi's... thats enough for me lol... it wont break with the amount of power i'll be putting at it (about 450-500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 2:12 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:

haha. theres no way i'd shell out the cash for a built, viper t-56 lol. Thats ridiculous amounts of $$$.

A base t-56 is what they put in termi's... thats enough for me lol... it wont break with the amount of power i'll be putting at it (about 450-500)

Haha, anything can break on these cars. As we all witnessed happen to that cobra at the track, along with a bunch of other cars. Eventually when I throw on a new clutch I plan on upgrading to a 26 spline like the viper spec has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 2:40 pm

just so you guys know, the only difference between the viper spec and the 03/04 cobra spec is the 5th/6th gear ratios, the viper has lower ratios by maybe 10% or less. otherwise they are the exact same transmission, nothing special about the viper spec other than it doesnt work as well with the modular motors (which makes sense, since the viper engine is a torque producing BEAST with 10 cylinders, and not built to revv as much as the modulars, so thats why they have the higher 5th/6th gear ratios in the cobras)

and its hard to tell when a tranny will give, ive talked to a few guys who have had t-56s replaced within 20k miles, others that still have the original and throwing down 600+rwhp consistently... just like everything else, you get some good ones and some bad ones

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:

Haha, anything can break on these cars. As we all witnessed happen to that cobra at the track, along with a bunch of other cars. Eventually when I throw on a new clutch I plan on upgrading to a 26 spline like the viper spec has.
everything could always use an upgrade if not it would be no fun
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 2:46 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg-Warner_T-56

this link gives some good basic info on the t-56... although they are rated at different torque capacities... when i was actively searching for a viper, i found many stock trannies had been replaced, just like in the cobra... all in all its just the gearing though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 4:28 pm

So how much do you think i'll end up spending on a new t-56 built for modular specs? the cheapest i've found is about $2700 in the mag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 4:49 pm

search online, internet is your friend... ive seen $3000 buy more than enough tranny than you will ever need

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 4:51 pm

wy3134 wrote:search online, internet is your friend... ive seen $3000 buy more than enough tranny than you will ever need

Yeah, i've seen em from $2500-$4000. It'll still be 1-2 years before i actually purchase one. I just want to get an idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 5:11 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
wy3134 wrote:search online, internet is your friend... ive seen $3000 buy more than enough tranny than you will ever need

Yeah, i've seen em from $2500-$4000. It'll still be 1-2 years before i actually purchase one. I just want to get an idea.

Do you plan on putting it in yourself or taking it somewhere to get installed? Something to also consider that I have read of people doing is they will go find wrecked cobras and take the trannys out of them to save theirselves some money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

Do you plan on putting it in yourself or taking it somewhere to get installed? Something to also consider that I have read of people doing is they will go find wrecked cobras and take the trannys out of them to save theirselves some money.

haha thats what i plan on doing.

I'll probably do it myself. I'll be at ivy tech by that time and i'm taking TONS AND TONS of automotive classes so i'll have access to the garage and lifts... and one of my classes is drivetrains lol... so i'll know how to do it by then... probably even custom shorten my alum ds too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2