WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transmission Shops

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Transmission Shops Empty Transmission Shops

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:11 am

Ok... I need a rebuild. I still have the auto repair warrenty.
I was looking at Edwards...does anyone know about them? They seem like a reputable place... they offer free towing, and very cheap rental vehiclel... they even accept factory warrenties.

Back to top Go down

Transmission Shops Empty Re: Transmission Shops

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 am

They sound like they are good. I would wait till after this week though for sure. Tear the fart out of it this weekend and then take it. Make it more worth the time. Ha. I know it will hold up, it's annoying but it should hold up. Remeber, i drove 4 or 5 months on it! ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 am

Does your warranty allow you to choose whatever shop you want to go to? Didn't you say it was the Ford warranty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:Does your warranty allow you to choose whatever shop you want to go to? Didn't you say it was the Ford warranty.
I'm not quite sure... i'm going to have to take a look at that when i get home. I know for sure its a repair warrenty, idk if it has the option of choosing where to go tho.

And steve i would if i could... but it wont even go into third now, it'll go in with the clutch, then when i engage, it will throw it back out. Its not driveable lol

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:04 pm

if u call ford they can tell u what ur warranty is thats what i did
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:05 pm

COLE wrote:if u call ford they can tell u what ur warranty is thats what i did

ok... yeah i'll do that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:46 pm

I took it into Edwards today. They're not gonna b done for at least 10 days! I'm getting a full rebuild.

I'm gonna have to miss 41 damnit! Thats alright tho, i gotta work more so i can afford my new tranny lol

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Are you looking for a ride up to 41 or do you already have 1?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Murph wrote:Are you looking for a ride up to 41 or do you already have 1?

Naw... i'm just gonna skip out. i need to work so i can get this money together to get my car out of the shop in 10 days lol. cuz right now, i dont have jack

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Copy that lol (same with my car)! sorry to hear it, should be a fun event
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Murph wrote:Copy that lol (same with my car)! sorry to hear it, should be a fun event

Yeah... i'm extremely sheisty that i have to miss it!

Man i'm so angry with my car!!!!! its literally problem after problem! Theres not a month that goes by where i'm not droppin crazy amounts of money on something big thats wrong with it. I dont drive it that hard on the street at all (only at the track at a max of 4-5 passes) and it only has 20K on her!
Freakin Ford engineering. The only ford piece of junk i ever respect is the mustang, GT and the lightning.... everything else is complete garbage! Even the Cars i like that ford makes are cheaply made/break down all the time!

*rant over

I'm a dodge man at heart....gotta love the Ram and the Mopar. My 1st was a 1999 5.2L dakota that my dad bought when new, and it never had a problem ever! That thing hauled some ass too! Very Very fast for a truck! I put gibson side ehaust on, w/ an o/r h and LT's (mf'er screamed!) w/ superchips tuner and a CAI. last summer my dad totalled it tho... i let him borrow it to haul some lumber and he was dickin around and crashed it into a tree.

I now have a 99 dodge dakota 3.9L that was my uncles... gave it to me for free! Never had a problem throught its whole life either! Right now it has flowmaster duals on it and a cai. (sounds AMAZING for a sixxer! probably the best sounding 6cly i've ever heard) I love my dodge trucks lol

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:23 pm

even better than my six lol j/p.... I cant say the same about mine. its been a dream. just breaks down if i do something stupid but its ran like a champ for the 4 years ive had a stock motor in it :p
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:57 am

MustangManiac wrote:
Murph wrote:Copy that lol (same with my car)! sorry to hear it, should be a fun event

Man i'm so angry with my car!!!!! its literally problem after problem! Theres not a month that goes by where i'm not droppin crazy amounts of money on something big thats wrong with it. I dont drive it that hard on the street at all (only at the track at a max of 4-5 passes) and it only has 20K on her!
Freakin Ford engineering. The only ford piece of junk i ever respect is the mustang, GT and the lightning.... everything else is complete garbage! Even the Cars i like that ford makes are cheaply made/break down all the time!

*rant over

I'm a dodge man at heart....gotta love the Ram and the Mopar. My 1st was a 1999 5.2L dakota that my dad bought when new, and it never had a problem ever! That thing hauled some ass too! Very Very fast for a truck! I put gibson side ehaust on, w/ an o/r h and LT's (mf'er screamed!) w/ superchips tuner and a CAI. last summer my dad totalled it tho... i let him borrow it to haul some lumber and he was dickin around and crashed it into a tree.

I now have a 99 dodge dakota 3.9L that was my uncles... gave it to me for free! Never had a problem throught its whole life either! Right now it has flowmaster duals on it and a cai. (sounds AMAZING for a sixxer! probably the best sounding 6cly i've ever heard) I love my dodge trucks lol
i have the same problem man mine just keeps breaking all the time. Just think though when u finally get all the stupid little problems taken care of she will run like a champ. thats where mine was at until i started tearing it all apart again (sorry i could not help myself). just iron out the little things and u will be glad u have the car.
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:37 am

COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

*rant over

i have the same problem man mine just keeps breaking all the time. Just think though when u finally get all the stupid little problems taken care of she will run like a champ. thats where mine was at until i started tearing it all apart again (sorry i could not help myself). just iron out the little things and u will be glad u have the car.

Yeah...Well I plan on adding a s/c sometime by the end of the summer. i'm putting it at about 390 rwhp until i can afford some manly foreged H beam's and dished pistons.
At this rate, its never going to happen tho!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 11:30 am

The warrenty company is sending me a brand new t3650...FOR FREE!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon May 05, 2008 11:39 am

WHOA! I wasn't expecting that.

Congrats mang! Do the party dance.

Transmission Shops Biodome-thumb
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 11:42 am

Did they give you a hard time at all since the car is modded?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 11:50 am

2k6silvergt wrote:Did they give you a hard time at all since the car is modded?

O yeah!!! they didnt care about my hp mods, but they sure didnt like that Alum DS haha.

I hope i'm still able to get the old tranny back, i'm guessing the warrenty company might take that... but if not... i'll sell that baby for like $200, its a perfect tranny with only 19k on it, only a bad 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 11:50 am

1fstroush wrote:WHOA! I wasn't expecting that.

Congrats mang! Do the party dance.

Transmission Shops Biodome-thumb

I kno AJ, me either! I was in shock

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon May 05, 2008 12:44 pm

MustangManiac wrote:The warrenty company is sending me a brand new t3650...FOR FREE!
yeah its still a bunch of junk though keep the old one for future blow outs or sell them both and put in a TKO
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm

COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:The warrenty company is sending me a brand new t3650...FOR FREE!
yeah its still a bunch of junk though keep the old one for future blow outs or sell them both and put in a TKO

I really want a t56! omfg i love em!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 4:52 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:

Ya it is a blast to drive. :*burnout*:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:

Ya it is a blast to drive. :*burnout*:

I bet! thats why i want one lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue May 06, 2008 9:28 am

MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:

yeah but man the TKO's are just as strong if not stronger and cost hundreds less that just my 2 cents either way your still getting an amazing trans the t56 is tried and true they are quite amazing
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm

COLE wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:
COLE wrote:

yeah but man the TKO's are just as strong if not stronger and cost hundreds less that just my 2 cents either way your still getting an amazing trans the t56 is tried and true they are quite amazing

Ya the t56's are definitely expensive, especially if you go with the viper spec one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next