WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Wanna Help Me...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone Wanna Help Me... Empty Anyone Wanna Help Me...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 pm

...install some Headers? They're Hooker Competition LT's, Painted black, I'm gettin em jet coated soon.

Would anyone like to help me install them haha?

Back to top Go down

Anyone Wanna Help Me... Empty Re: Anyone Wanna Help Me...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm

cheers

Pick me! ha

I'll help you, just so i know the in and out for when i do mine! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 pm

SteviGX wrote:cheers

Pick me! ha

Awsome! Ok... Steve's in.

Does anyone with an engine hoist wanna help? I've heard its easier to just take the engine out and put em on like that, rather than just drop the whole K-Member while working in a limited space under the car.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm not gonna be able to install em for at least another 3 weeks. I gotta save up to get em jet coated, then i still have to get a shorty O/R X. Next Paycheck will take care of that lol.

Does anyone wanna purchase a Pypes Catted X from me? I'll sell it for $110. Its in PERFECT condition and it bolts up to shorties or stock manafolds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:02 pm

MustangManiac wrote:

Pick me! ha

Does anyone with an engine hoist wanna help? I've heard its easier to just take the engine out and put em on like that, rather than just drop the whole K-Member while working in a limited space under the car.

I don't mind helping as long as I am free. I have never seen it done by taking the engine out only dropping the k member so this could be interesting. Definitely choose a day when Dave can come. He has already taken his engine out so he would probably be the most helpful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:03 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

Pick me! ha

I don't mind helping as long as I am free. I have never seen it done by taking the engine out only dropping the k member so this could be interesting. Definitely choose a day when Dave can come. He has already taken his engine out so he would probably be the most helpful.

Ok cool. I was actually pertaining the "engine hoist" to dave haha. So yeah... it'll be a little while yet, like i said i gotta get em jet coated and get that shorty o/r x too.

Does anyone know of a good place that does ceramic/jet coating for a good price?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm

I asked someone today about that for you and they told me about this place. http://thecoolpenguin.com/index.htm Although I'm not sure what kind of work they do and how their prices are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:10 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:I asked someone today about that for you and they told me about this place. http://thecoolpenguin.com/index.htm Although I'm not sure what kind of work they do and how their prices are.

thanks bro! i'll have to give them a ring... damn they're in S IN... o well. Road trip!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 pm

dropping the K member will be easier than taking the engine out, course either way isnt that easy to begin with. putting davids motor back in was enough fun for me for the summer on pulling engines and whatnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 pm

wy3134 wrote:dropping the K member will be easier than taking the engine out, course either way isnt that easy to begin with. putting davids motor back in was enough fun for me for the summer on pulling engines and whatnot

damn, ok. We'll just drop the K.

Can anyone estimate how long this will take if theres 2 guys working on it that have never done headers before?
Are there any special tools needed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 pm

this all depends on how you plan to do this, in your garage or at the local shop that has a lift and everything... the key is the less you have to unbolt the better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 pm

wy3134 wrote:this all depends on how you plan to do this, in your garage or at the local shop that has a lift and everything... the key is the less you have to unbolt the better

Probably a garage... i dont really know anyone with a shop... well i do know someone, out in Morristown (45min east on hway 52) i'll actaully talk to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:35 pm

He doesn't have a lift. He's got an engine hoist though with plenty of room!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:37 pm

SteviGX wrote:He doesn't have a lift. He's got an engine hoist though with plenty of room!

shoot... well actually, would be be able to use those ramps steve? I bet those suckers will get it high enough, you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
wy3134 wrote:dropping the K member will be easier than taking the engine out, course either way isnt that easy to begin with. putting davids motor back in was enough fun for me for the summer on pulling engines and whatnot

Can anyone estimate how long this will take if theres 2 guys working on it that have never done headers before?

It is a very tedious task. I would say without any knowledge 10-12 hours if you plan on doing it in a garage with hand tools. You will want a breaker bar, pb blaster, extensions, and universal joints for sure. Allen wrenches for the header bolts. Pretty much everything you will need though you can borrow from the guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:39 pm

they will lift you about foot higher. It's room but idk if its enough. If we jack the rear end up i think we may have enough room. I actually haven't worked on my car on them with the engine up front. Let me run out there and test it out and i will tell you if my big butt is comfy haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 pm

Would an impact be usefull? i have one haha. Plugs into a outlet for those less forutnate that don't have air compresors!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:47 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

It is a very tedious task. I would say without any knowledge 10-12 hours if you plan on doing it in a garage with hand tools. You will want a breaker bar, pb blaster, extensions, and universal joints for sure. Allen wrenches for the header bolts. Pretty much everything you will need though you can borrow from the guys.

OMFG! 10-12hrs! thats an ungodly amount of time! Thats a hell of a lot of tools. Thank god everyone has em haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:48 pm

SteviGX wrote:they will lift you about foot higher. It's room but idk if its enough. If we jack the rear end up i think we may have enough room. I actually haven't worked on my car on them with the engine up front. Let me run out there and test it out and i will tell you if my big butt is comfy haha

haha, get to it bro, text me when u find out... i'm gettin off here in a min to get some sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

OMFG! 10-12hrs! thats an ungodly amount of time! Thats a hell of a lot of tools. Thank god everyone has em haha.

Ya well you gotta figure a lot of shops say headers and midpipe install averages about 5-6 hours, some can do it faster and some take longer. And they are using a lift and high powered air tools. They also do it constantly so they know exactly what needs to be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:13 pm

I dont think they are going to be enough lift. We could pick up some high lift jack stands. My jack goes like 26 inches up i think. That should be enough clearance i would think.

yeah, most people say 10hrs for a first timeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:02 pm

hey pat i dont know if you saw it in the other thread but i found that place that jet coats headers its prokoteindy.com that have this stuff called ceramikrome, looks sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 pm

haha it only took me about an hour to put my shorties on...but the engines on an engine stand lol

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:14 am

let me know if you still need to use the lift/ engine hoist, your more than welcome to head to my place
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:29 am

MustangManiac wrote:I'm not gonna be able to install em for at least another 3 weeks. I gotta save up to get em jet coated, then i still have to get a shorty O/R X. Next Paycheck will take care of that lol.

Does anyone wanna purchase a Pypes Catted X from me? I'll sell it for $110. Its in PERFECT condition and it bolts up to shorties or stock manafolds.
is the x pipe high flow???
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next