WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

here is what i wanna do

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

here is what i wanna do Empty here is what i wanna do

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Me and my buddy that drives the gto talked, and i think i am going to get a set of heads and cams. do you guys have any input or suggestions on brands.

Back to top Go down

here is what i wanna do Empty Re: here is what i wanna do

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Send the heads to MMR, or get a set of VT heads, any you can only go stage 2 cams without notching the pistons on these cars. The Hitech stage 2 N/A and the VT Stage 2 cams are very big hits in the mustang community. Comp 270 are going to be your name brand but MMR is the best as far as head porting goes, the only do modualr mustangs.

Our cars aren't like ls1's or anything, there isn't an aftermarket head casting. So buying a new set of heads you already have so the best hing to do is send them off and get them ported. http://www.modularmustangracing.com/ there is the mmr website. If i do head work, it will go to them or a guy down in tampa that does his own head work that I know of from ModdedMustangs

your looking at around 1200 for heads and cams, and another few hundred for install unless you can do it yourself. There are several write ups i can find if you need me to. But you aren't going to get but 25-40hp from heads and cams to the wheels. Depending on how agressive you go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:00 am

Is this car your daily driver?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:49 pm

YES BUT NOT FOR LONG

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 pm

VT? where have you been for the past year? VT was closed a year ago but Cushman Motorsports made the VT cams and still make the cams but there called CMS Stage 1,2 or 3.
They also sell heads but I'm not sure if they are also the same as the VT heads where
http://www.cushmanmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1281
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 pm

BraMas wrote:VT? where have you been for the past year? VT was closed a year ago but Cushman Motorsports made the VT cams and still make the cams but there called CMS Stage 1,2 or 3.
They also sell heads but I'm not sure if they are also the same as the VT heads where
http://www.cushmanmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1281

I coudlnt' remember who made them now. So i just said VT and figured someone would correct me! Thanks! lol
Also heard some good htings about sean highland. Guy out here in greenfield running some of their cams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:41 pm

SteviGX wrote:
BraMas wrote:VT? where have you been for the past year? VT was closed a year ago but Cushman Motorsports made the VT cams and still make the cams but there called CMS Stage 1,2 or 3.

I coudlnt' remember who made them now. So i just said VT and figured someone would correct me! Thanks! lol
Also heard some good htings about sean highland. Guy out here in greenfield running some of their cams

Yeah, if you dont have a budget hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:56 pm

What are your plans with the car, is it going to be a weekend toy or track car? Do you want to keep it N/A or go FI? What kind of budget? Lot of questions to consider..

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:38 am

didnt you just get done telling me you didnt have 2g's to spend when I told you there was a nice used procharger p1sc kit with supporting mods for $2000...Do you honestly think your gonna get a set of heads and cams for much less than $2000...do some research before you start wasting peoples time by posting threads you clearly havent done any research on.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:39 am

lol easy there branden whip
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:40 am

Murph wrote:lol easy there branden whip

A used supercharger is going to cost maybe 250-500 more than heads and cams by the time your done with gaskets and all that other B/S. Nothing thats gonna give you huge gain is going to be "cheap" like I said before. These cars aren't like ls1's, you can't throw a cam in it and go run an 11. We gain maybe 10-25 horse from a stage 2 cam. And for 600 dollars just for cams, which aren't really gonna do much without ported heads (~750) your looking at 1350 before you even start with install and gaskets. head gaskets set will run damn near 160. A used vortech kit you could pick up for 1700 and you would gain 60 more horsepower from.

I know that a tune and driveshaft put me at the 13.5 i am running consistantly now. But if your looking for seat of the pants feel just get some Drag Radials. You'll be able to punch it and not have to worry. Thats what i did. But heads and cams, unless your gonna go straight N/A bore the block over forge it and spray it, aren't worth the gains until you get into high boost as brandon is. Then again, his car is not a daily driver.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:40 am

you cant just get cams and throw them in your car. Yes you can get cams for 6-800, but how about having a little respect for valvetrain geometry(right valves, rocker arms, etc.) I have VT heads and custom ground blower cams on my 4.6 and be rest assured it cost well over 2000 by the time you buy all the parts.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 am

as steve said most ppl with cams and poted heads are running in the 290-320 rwhp range with exhaust mods and intake,etc. Put a blower on the car and you'll have 350-370 rwhp depending on boost and other mods. A supercharger 4.6 with exhaust,tb,plenuem will run mid 12's all day with a good driver and tires and still be very street friendly
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 pm

You also have to take into account that since your car is an auto you will need a stall converter in order to do cams, at least anything that would be worthwhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Clint... bro, honostly, i would got the blower route. Its much more benficial than heads and cams will ever be on our 4.6L 2v's. It offers you much more bang for your buck.

I suggest... you get a s/c and put some funds aside for a forged bottom end (rods and pistons, possible even a crank), and when you do those, go ahead and do your top end as well... port your heads and get some boost friendly blower cams. You wont regret it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:33 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:you cant just get cams and throw them in your car. Yes you can get cams for 6-800, but how about having a little respect for valvetrain geometry(right valves, rocker arms, etc.) I have VT heads and custom ground blower cams on my 4.6 and be rest assured it cost well over 2000 by the time you buy all the parts.

Very true. With most anything you need to get new valve springs at the least. How aggresive is your cam brandon? Equivilant to a stage 3ish 270/260

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm

well see our small engines respond very well to forced induction from what i have been told and seen i would have to agree just my .02
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:58 pm

YEAH I AGREE WITH YOU PAT LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO GO WITH THE SUPERCHARGER, AND FOR YOU BRANDON WATCH THE RUNNING AT THE MOUTH ABOUT WASTING TIME I PUT THOSE POSTS TO FIND OUT INFO NOT TO WASTE TIME.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:34 pm

CLINTBGT02 wrote:YEAH I AGREE WITH YOU PAT LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO GO WITH THE SUPERCHARGER, AND FOR YOU BRANDON WATCH THE RUNNING AT THE MOUTH ABOUT WASTING TIME I PUT THOSE POSTS TO FIND OUT INFO NOT TO WASTE TIME.

^^^no comment :*bonk(: :*blahblah*:
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

exactly i didnt ask u to reply to any of my threads ur choice. sorry for trying to find out info and people suggestions

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 pm

and I thought the Mi chapter had problems. Nothing wrong with trying to learn.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Comeon... lets cool it brandon

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Asking people who have mustangs questions is fine. But when your jumping from wanting to mod your car in one way, to another, and back around again, shows obvious signs that you have no idea what the hell your doing.

IMO if you dont know what the hell your doing, best thing is not to do it at all. For example, maybe call Bob Kurgan, Amazon, and ask them (professionals) that build, tune, and race mustangs day in and day out what the best modifications are to make a 4.6 2V.

Just as if you were to have a cardiomyopathy, you wouldnt post on iusm student forum on possible treatments and medications, but rather you'd speak and set an apt. with a knowledgeable cardiologist.

Learning requires one to actively engage in the concept through reading, studying, hands on experience, and research. With this guys post in reference to "modding" his car, his knowledge definitely lacks any logical and rational ideas about modding a 4.6 mustang.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:25 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:Asking people who have mustangs questions is fine. But when your jumping from wanting to mod your car in one way, to another, and back around again, shows obvious signs that you have no idea what the hell your doing.

IMO if you dont know what the hell your doing, best thing is not to do it at all. For example, maybe call Bob Kurgan, Amazon, and ask them (professionals) that build, tune, and race mustangs day in and day out what the best modifications are to make a 4.6 2V.

Just as if you were to have a cardiomyopathy, you wouldnt post on iusm student forum on possible treatments and medications, but rather you'd speak and set an apt. with a knowledgeable cardiologist.

Learning requires one to actively engage in the concept through reading, studying, hands on experience, and research. With this guys post in reference to "modding" his car, his knowledge definitely lacks any logical and rational ideas about modding a 4.6 mustang.

:_popcorn_:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:36 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:Asking people who have mustangs questions is fine. But when your jumping from wanting to mod your car in one way, to another, and back around again, shows obvious signs that you have no idea what the hell your doing.

We all start somewhere brandon. I used to be just like him, asking all these questions. Hell, steve and i go back and forth between deciding to do H/C or F/I all the time. Cut him some slack, this is not a good representation of what wildhorses represents or how we should treat fellow club members or stang bangers. Give him a break man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next