WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nascar News

4 posters

Go down

Nascar News Empty Nascar News

Post by RoadBlock Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Ok well myself im not a fan of Nascar but for those of you that are I have some news for you. In 2010 NAscar has proposed that the Mustang may debut as one of those models that grace the tracks on sundays to make many left turns. I found out this news and was sent a pic by my dad who is a fan.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 324
Humor : What the duece? Doh'
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater
Mods: : Intake, Exhaust, Suspension, Appearance. Nuff said

Back to top Go down

Nascar News Empty Re: Nascar News

Post by Danstang Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:16 pm

I hope that finally goes through, they've been at it for a while trying to get the 'stang in there.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 pm

hope fully this will go through.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm a big nacar fan! Please me give another reason to watch! Now, can we get JR. to drive one? :*drive*:

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 am

Here is the news release and the artist's rendering (I love NASCAR, but I can only hope they make the car look better that this!).
Nascar News Cov-0929
The news has been out there for a while now that Mustang would enter NASCAR. Brian Wolfe, director of Ford North America Motorsports, made the official announcement today that the 2010 Mustang will debut in NASCAR this fall.

Ford Racing has gone through the official NASCAR submission and approval process for the new car, and, once templates are finalized, production of Mustang parts will start so teams can build the first cars for testing later this fall. This rendering above was released today with the news.

“We’re excited about Mustang coming to NASCAR,” said Wolfe. “It’s the most successful product nameplate in racing history, and it seems only right that it should be coming to the most popular form of racing in North America.

The thought is of course that Mustang fans will embrace the series more than the core Ford Racing fans that exist today. “I think race fans—and Mustang loyalists—will be very pleased when we publicly roll out the first car later this fall.”

The 2010 Ford Mustang will join the 2010 Fusion (Sprint Cup) and the 2009 Ford F-Series (Camping World Truck Series) as Ford’s competitive entries in NASCAR’s three major professional series.

“We’re excited about being able to race Mustang in front of our loyal NASCAR fan base and know it’s going to win races and championships just like it has in every other series it has competed,” said Wolfe. “The Mustang created the pony car movement when it debuted in 1964. Now, the NASCAR Mustang has the opportunity to create a whole new look to stock car racing at its highest levels.”

What might be interesting to watch is how the Roush-Fenway race team embraces this new car. Being that Roush produces their own version of the 2010 Ford Mustang, it would make sense for them to dress their cars graphically to depict one of their 427R Mustangs. Time will tell.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down