WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

town & country ford strikes again..

+2
ljwhite174
AutumnsFlame
6 posters

Go down

town & country ford strikes again.. Empty town & country ford strikes again..

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm

well I took my car to them to have the transmition fluid changed for my 30,000 mile what ever.

so I take it to them they keep it for about 2 hours and tell me its done..
so it cost me $179 for the service.
well sence then its been slipping fairly bad and progressaively getting worce.
so I decided to take it to two rivers ford and droped it off.
they called me few days later and told me the reason it was slipping was because it was 3 thats right 3 quarts low..

now this cost me another $119 on top of the $179 I already spent.. Im willing to bet money they didnt even do the change just put it on the lift for an hour and told me it was done. :*kaboom*:

so I called the service manager from t&c and he said to bring my recept back and he would work somthing out with me.. THIS BETTER BE GOOD..

Back to top Go down

town & country ford strikes again.. Empty Re: town & country ford strikes again..

Post by AutumnsFlame Fri May 15, 2009 2:24 am

Holy Sheet!!... I am getting ready to change the oil in my car.,. I will be buying my own oil.... walmart?

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 90
Humor : Raising a teenager is like nailing jelly to a wall

Back to top Go down

town & country ford strikes again.. Empty Re: town & country ford strikes again..

Post by ljwhite174 Sat May 16, 2009 12:50 pm

that is why i do it myself had that happen to me in texas took the car to a shop they said they tune up was finished and the a$$ holes didnt put the fill cover for the oil back on. dont buy at walmart go to a parts store and buy the good stuff i use the new castrol syntec in the gold bottle its more expensive but it what i always used.. violent
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat May 16, 2009 12:57 pm

NEVER HAVE A DEALER WORK ON YOUR CAR.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 am

well changing the oil in it . I do myself but you cant change the trans fluid yourself .. so I have to take it to the dealer..

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Sun May 17, 2009 8:45 am

no hippy

they sell a vacuum bottle at autozone. the tube fits into manual trannys and you suck it all out and refillt with the same thing. i use it for rear end filling/draining throught the fill hole.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 am

wish id of known that "BEFOUR" they screwed me .. :*bonk(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 pm

billfisher wrote:no hippy

they sell a vacuum bottle at autozone. the tube fits into manual trannys and you suck it all out and refillt with the same thing. i use it for rear end filling/draining throught the fill hole.

Can you get one for automatics so it ain't so messy when lowering the pan? :*gripe*: Something like that would pay off the FIRST time I used it.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkMech Tue May 19, 2009 8:46 am

I've seen the tranny pan for 05 automatics. Hippy's right, it's not a backyard mechanic job. There is no fill port or dipstick for the transmission on these cars. It uses a special tool / machine that has to pump the fluid up into the trans through a port in the specially designed drain plug in the pan. Really weird setup.

On a side note, I would recommend Two Rivers Ford to anyone around the Nashville area if you need some sort of dealer service done. They are a very reputable dealership, and have an excellent service department too. I've actually trailered my Cobra down there from Clarksville before to have work done on it. It's worth the drive.
HawkMech
HawkMech
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 61
Humor : Nah really man, I'm sure it's no match for your Honda.
My Ride/Rides: : 2011 GT, 2003 Cobra, 79 Bronco, 68 F-100.
Mods: : I got some wicked ass after market 93 Octane up in this Beeyatch!

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 am

On a seperate side note... I came down here from MI 6 yrs ago checking out the area. Went to a regular mechanic for routine maintenance, and also had my blazer towed there because the "bearings" (?) went out in my front tire. They "forgot" to put tranny fluid in my vehicle, I caught it prior to leaving Nashville. 875.00 total bill and 7 months later, tranny went. Guess a person has to be careful on anywhere they go for service. I would be devistated if that happened to my pony. (the blazer was already showing rust from MI winters)

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 90
Humor : Raising a teenager is like nailing jelly to a wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Actually back on the Wal-Mart note, aslong as you dont go and buy cheap gas they have really good brands. Thats where i go to buy my oil for my oil change. Ofcourse i know walmarts are all different. Just sayin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 8:24 pm

HawkMech wrote:I've seen the tranny pan for 05 automatics. Hippy's right, it's not a backyard mechanic job. There is no fill port or dipstick for the transmission on these cars. It uses a special tool / machine that has to pump the fluid up into the trans through a port in the specially designed drain plug in the pan. Really weird setup.
On a side note, I would recommend Two Rivers Ford to anyone around the Nashville area if you need some sort of dealer service done. They are a very reputable dealership, and have an excellent service department too. I've actually trailered my Cobra down there from Clarksville before to have work done on it. It's worth the drive.

You can say that again!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Thu May 21, 2009 9:19 pm

autos need the filter changed. so theres more to it than just fluid. but if you are just changing fluid you can.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

remember when you remove the dipstick tube a lot of fluid will run oit before you get blow the hole it goes in.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Thu May 21, 2009 9:22 pm

well i just read hawks post. there goes that idea.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 11:45 pm

billfisher wrote:well i just read hawks post. there goes that idea.

yeah they are all self contained now.. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down