WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle)

2 posters

Go down

The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) Empty The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle)

Post by wingedone Sun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm

The long sad story of having to sell my favorite wagon (67 Ford full size, Country Sedan) started the day I bought it back last fall. Wifee and I were going to use it to camp at State Park Camping Cabins. I have a thing for wagons (big cars overall) and this was a perfect excuse to buy one.

Well, it didn't take long for the wife to talk me into getting a travel trailer. We sold our 5th wheel back in 2002, and I didn't want to get another truck, so we thought we would use the Country Sedan. However, we ended up getting a trailer too heavy for the CS (289) to haul without an engine transfussion. That plus all the other things we needed to do to it, I started looking for another 67 (with a 390).

A great CS sale fell through when the seller backed out in January (day before we were leaving to get it). So back to the search. Nothing out there so we expanded our search to other vehicles we both liked and could haul.

We ended up with the following: 1969 Ford Thunderbird. 429 ci, 360hp 4bbl, C6, 9inch rear, 3.00 gears.
Arizona car. Indian Fire metallic, white interior, bench seat.
The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) 128-2828_IMG

The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) 128-2829_IMG

Since we got it, we have had it in for a number of things (rear springs, 4 shocks, fluids, greasings, repacks, hitch, electrical, etc). Still cheaper than fixing up the CS.

This weekend was our first weekend with the new trailer (purchased in November of last year and in storage at American RV till this weekend).
Better pics, with trailer.
The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) 129-2902_IMG
The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) 129-2916_IMG%202

Anyway, I am still very sad to sell the CS, but I must do, what I must do.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) Empty Re: The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle)

Post by BraMas Sun May 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Very cool! My Mom had a Baby Blue 69 T-bird a couple of years ago. It drove very nice but I hated how the Power steering was way to easy. I guess I like my steering a little tighter
Why didn't you just put a hitch on the Superbird? affraid
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle) Empty Re: The reason for selling the Country Sedan (new -to me- vehicle)

Post by wingedone Sun May 02, 2010 8:40 pm

BraMas wrote:Very cool! My Mom had a Baby Blue 69 T-bird a couple of years ago. It drove very nice but I hated how the Power steering was way to easy. I guess I like my steering a little tighter
Why didn't you just put a hitch on the Superbird? affraid

Thanks!

Oh don't think I wasn't considering it. The only thing that kept me from doing that was none of the antique car insurers will insure a car that will be used to tow a trailer. Yeah, your right, they are dicks. LOL
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down