WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatto parlor, Onondaga Dragway

+8
Eturner
cowboy kyle
wingedone
Black On Black
Shady
Danstang
D
BraMas
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tatto parlor, Onondaga Dragway Empty Tatto parlor, Onondaga Dragway

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:22 pm

As I was at the tattoo parlor in Michigan center I not only recruited one person but may have recruited 6 or 7 reg guys!! One of the tattoo artists is good friends with the guy who is re opening the drag strip in Onadaga!! I am metting with the guy/s tomarrow do discuss track time for us. :*drive*: We might be able to set up a fri night or something where it is just us!!! :*woohoo*: I also was talkn to my buddy in Jackson and told me there is a little shop that has a dyno that only charges $100 but has to be under 500hp!! I will find out and post more info later.

Back to top Go down

Tatto parlor, Onondaga Dragway Empty Re: Tatto parlor, Onondaga Dragway

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Anyone even interested or am i gonna waste my time?

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:20 pm

I don't see a point in a track day for the 5 cars that ever show up for track days when we have them. Maybe if we could get some people to show up for events it would be cool. Plus it's kind of cool to race other cars. just my .02
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:14 pm

There can be other cars.... he just said if we wanted a day jus for ourselves we could prob work it out!! He said right now its is only cleaned up for a 1/8 mile... soon it is gonna be open for 1/4 mile. They have timers and a tree... they jus havnt hooked up the tree cause they dont have the money nor equipment to run it... soo for now it is by arm signals and for fun cause they dont have enough funds to run the timer all the time!!

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Good Deal..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:07 pm

best part.... ITS FREE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 am

It's about time something opens around here, we were just talking about rumor of the track reopening. They've got their work cut out for them though. Got to have zoning, insurance, emergency help, facility maintenance, advertising, all kinds of equipment, etc. .......oh yeah, TONS OF MONEY!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:58 am

Well they are leasing it... they dont own it!! You have to sign a waiver in place of thier insurance.... anyone acting up or goofing around gets booted and never allowed back!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 am

if they could get this straightened up it could be a good thing because with most of our crew being from this area any track is a bout 1.5 hour drive where as onondaga is like 10 minutes for the ER crew and a half hour for charlotte... but i know people that use to race there and one of the big reasons it got shut down is because towards the end ofd the 1/4 there was a slight hill which made a lot of people loose control...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Wow you guys are really selling what a great place that track is :*drive*: :*bonk(:
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:00 pm

IDK... i heard it was shut down cause people were complaining about the noise!!! There is a trailer park not too far from it... which is why it is muffler vehicle only!! They have 2000+ hp cars running on it right now... and i can guarantee no one in the club is gonna be goin that fast!! If they havnt had probs... i dont see where we would?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 pm

They have 2000 hp cars with mufflers running down a track with no tree or timing lights. Come on Zack even you can't believe that one :^drunk^:
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm

untill proven otherwise.... i trust him, but anyways... i thought I would bring it up... if no one is interested than i wont worry about it anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Hey Zac
I would love to meet with this Guy. If he is serious! just give me a days notice. I am working 11pm to 7am now and can meet with someone morning, noon or night with some planning.
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:36 pm

he never called me sun night... he was supposed to call me and set up a meeting with his friend. I jus called and he is in the middle of tattooing... hopefully he calls me when he is done!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 am

yeah unless they repaved i know my dad use to run there and complained about the hill at the end and said it was a mix of noise, that hill, and the cost of insurance is why they shut it down

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:02 pm

well they did repave the 1/8 an put new traction control **** down... soo idk... i have yet to gt ahold of him or see it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:40 am

BraMas wrote:They have 2000 hp cars with mufflers running down a track with no tree or timing lights.
Yeah, just doesn't add up. At 2000hp, what good will mufflers do? :*naughty*:
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:14 am

In relation to this, you guys might find this interesting. Recent discussions and eye witness accounts at the old drag strip.

http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/drags.asp?id=1328&type=6

I went by there a few weeks ago and I saw no signs anything was different (no signs of life). Will have to check it out more thoroughly.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Sounds like they just want to use it for their own private use. Anyways, it's nice to hear someone is reviving the old track (wonder how long that will last).
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm

ok... so the guy that is in charge is supposed to call me today!!! They were out there all day sunday... and aperently they are gonna be out there all this sunday also!! He showed me pics of a rely nice cuda that was there and a really nice mustang with a huge turbo.... said the stang is pussn around 860hp with the boost around half.... full boost would be pushn around 1,600hp!!!

Shady you are kinda right... there is no hill... its a dip! Around the end of the quarter mile and the turn around there is a bad dip.... he said sun night they had cars running around 9 secs and they ran through it all with no probs. He said the "owner" lets some people go the whole quarter but its not all the way done!! Also said one car ran the 1/8 sun night under 2 secs!!! I dont see a reason for him to lie to me.. but hopefully sunday im gonna go out there with them... maybe embarrass myself and run a couple times!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

How are they timing these? Did they get a timing system?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:35 pm

WTF??????????????????????????????????
under a 2 second 1/8 mile BULL #$%^ that calculates to a 3.14 1/4 mile time.
Zack why are you even listening to this guy? He must drive a Honda
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:45 pm

they do have a timing system... but they take it home so no one steals it.

And no tim he has a mustang.... some spec kind of block DS something or something like that?!?! I may have heard wrong but im hoping to hear back from him tonight so sun I can go and check it out. I seriously hope he isnt playn me... but he seemed really serious when i was talkn to him today... so we will see... I guess until I actually talk to the guy in charge I wont post anymore info since it seems to give tim an Ulster!! LOL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:53 pm

NO ulser here. It just make you look(how do I say it nicely) Very Happy Not very smart :^drunk^:
Seriously dude the info you have posted that this guy has giving you is all BS.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next