WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Car is done!

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My Car is done! - Page 3 Empty Re: My Car is done!

Post by 1fstroush Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:09 am

03sm3341 wrote:
1fstroush wrote:Pat's issue = BFG FTL!

NITTO's FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If nitto's for life than why did my street tired bfg cobra beat my buddies nitto 555r Zo6 at the track ????? BFG FTW!!!!!!!!! cheers

DRIVER MOD

Enough said.

PS: Nitto's 4Life
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:BFG KDW DR's FTMFW!!!! :*run*:

My next set of rears for my 18's are gonna be some 315/35/18 BFG Gforce KDW II DR's and BFG's run wider than any other brand... can someone say fat meats??? haha

If you drop that kind of money you might as well get some mickey thompsons.

lol. I would, but they dont make any for 18's. And the BFG DR's hook just as good as nittos and last almost as long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:29 pm

IF that last almost as long? hook as good...why pay 100 more per tire? that doesn't make much sence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:06 pm

SteviGX wrote:IF that last almost as long? hook as good...why pay 100 more per tire? that doesn't make much sence

actually BFG DR's are cheaper in the 18'' version then the 555r's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:14 pm

i'm gonna stick with 17's

i thought you were going with a 325 with the new wheels?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:21 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:BFG KDW DR's FTMFW!!!! :*run*:

My next set of rears for my 18's are gonna be some 315/35/18 BFG Gforce KDW II DR's and BFG's run wider than any other brand... can someone say fat meats??? haha

If you drop that kind of money you might as well get some mickey thompsons.

lol. I would, but they dont make any for 18's. And the BFG DR's hook just as good as nittos and last almost as long.

They have mickey thompsons in 18's. And actually bfg and mt don't have to be heated up as much to stick. However the bfg and mt aren't very good street tires and don't last as long. If you call mt of bfg they will tell you 3-6,000 miles give or take depending on your driving. Nittos are around 10-12,000 depending on driving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:24 pm

MustangManiac wrote:See!

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=1&sw=false&cs=315&pc=38349&rd=18&ar=30

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=3&sw=false&cs=305&pc=40231&rd=18&ar=35

+ the BFG's and Goodyears are wider than nittos or sumitomos and they dont offer a Nitto 555r in a 315/xx/18

Your best bet for finding even better deals is looking online, like ebay. I just got my nittos off there from dtd for 285 shipped and I think on their site they want 310 shipped and other places are like 340 shipped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:32 pm

SteviGX wrote:i'm gonna stick with 17's

i thought you were going with a 325 with the new wheels?

315 bfg's are actually .15'' wider than nitto 325's. so i'm stickin with bfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Are you making enough power for a super sticky tire??? The reason I ask is my buddies 94 cobra with a few mods acually was slower than on street tires because his MT bogged down the engine to the point of hurting him more than helping him. Your gears will probably make up for any bogging that might happen but just a thought. :^drunk^: A nitto DR would have been a better choice for him. O and BFG DR life span is horriable. My little bro had them and they lasted no time, but did hook up well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:29 pm

03sm3341 wrote:Are you making enough power for a super sticky tire??? The reason I ask is my buddies 94 cobra with a few mods acually was slower than on street tires because his MT bogged down the engine to the point of hurting him more than helping him. Your gears will probably make up for any bogging that might happen but just a thought. :^drunk^: A nitto DR would have been a better choice for him. O and BFG DR life span is horriable. My little bro had them and they lasted no time, but did hook up well.

Yeah... i most def have enough power to need DR's. Like i said, i'm puttin down 282rwhp and 301rwtq in a 3500-3600lb car with awful suspension ha.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 am

Pat's made his mind up...BFG's for him

NITTO's for me!

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 am

MustangManiac wrote:
03sm3341 wrote:Are you making enough power for a super sticky tire??? The reason I ask is my buddies 94 cobra with a few mods acually was slower than on street tires because his MT bogged down the engine to the point of hurting him more than helping him. Your gears will probably make up for any bogging that might happen but just a thought. :^drunk^: A nitto DR would have been a better choice for him. O and BFG DR life span is horriable. My little bro had them and they lasted no time, but did hook up well.

Yeah... i most def have enough power to need DR's. Like i said, i'm puttin down 282rwhp and 301rwtq in a 3500-3600lb car with awful suspension ha.

At least if you go with them, I would get another set of tires for daily driving. Realistically as far as the tires go:
Nitto= more of a street drag radial
BFG/MT=track drag radial

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:19 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

At least if you go with them, I would get another set of tires for daily driving. Realistically as far as the tires go:
Nitto= more of a street drag radial
BFG/MT=track drag radial

i plan on getting some nitto 555's for daily driving...not the DR's but just the 555's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum