WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v

2 posters

Go down

Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v Empty Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Saleen has just announced their crate engine lineup. The lineup consists of 302 cubic inch short and longblocks, available both for naturally-aspirated or for supercharged applications.

Based on the 4.6L 3V Ford aluminum block, the entire internal package is upgraded with premium Saleen-engineered forged pistons, rods, camshaft, and crankshaft, exceeding the requirements of even the professional engine builder.

Packages range from 390hp (normally-aspirated 302 engines) to 580hp (super-charged 302 engines) using existing EPA-certified induction and exhaust systems. Furthermore, these packages can be further upgraded with 6-speed transmissions, high-performance clutch/flywheels, higher-performance rear end differentials, Watts link rear suspension, and of course, superchargers.

Longblock Specs

Ford Aluminum Block
3-Valve Cylinder Heads
Optional CNC Ported Heads (developed jointly with Ernie Elliot)
Comp Cams High Lift and Extended Duration Cams
Comp Cams Premium Valve Springs and Retainers
Ford Lash Adjusters and Rockers
Ford Cam Phasers
Felpro MLS Head Gaskets
Complete Front Cover
Valve Covers
Oil Pump w/Primed Oil System
Ford Crank Damper
GT Oil Pan
Shortblock Specs

302 CID (5.0L) Modular, 3-Valve Cylinder Blocks
620 HP @ 6300 RPM Capable
600 Lb-ft TQ @ 4400 RPM Capable
3.554″ X 3.800″ Bore & Stroke
new GT Block plate honed + .002″ to insure improved bore geometry
Clevite Premium coated select fit rod bearings
Clevite Premium material select fit main bearings
Kellogg forged steel crankshaft - featuring improved oiling, Induction hardened journals and 8 bolt flange
Premium Forged Pistons designed to Saleen specifications
Manley Forged Steel Connecting Rod designed to Saleen specification w/ ARP Fasteners
Windage Tray

Kinda makes ya go Hmmm..... Cool

Back to top Go down

Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v Empty Re: Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Hmmm..... indeed! Cool
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v Empty Re: Saleen short and long blocks for 05+3v

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 pm

I heard about this a few months ago, but thought it was scraped.. Good to hear, it's a happening thing..

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Those Saleen motors are quality pieces. They've got a great motor crew there.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down