WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Saleen To Honor Saleen Warranties

2 posters

Go down

Steve Saleen To Honor Saleen Warranties Empty Steve Saleen To Honor Saleen Warranties

Post by Danstang Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:33 pm

In all the turmoil of bankruptcies and closing of doors with car companies, we heard the news last month that Saleen Inc. will cease to exist for all intents and purposes and thus the warranties for all of their products are no longer to be honored.

Steve Saleen who founded the company but had left Saleen Inc. a couple years ago has since started his own company, SMS Supercars. Even though his name was still on the building, Saleen Inc. had been bought by Hancock Park LLC and later combined with ASC Inc, leaving Steve Saleen with little or no ownership or responsibility of the company.

However, hearing the news in March that MJ Acquisitions who purchased the remains of Saleen Inc. said they would not be responsible or obligated to cover warranties, Steve Saleen was really distressed over the situation. In a warming piece of news today, it has been announced that Steve is manning up and taking responsibility to cover warranties through his new company SMS Supercars, even though he is not obligated.

“I was saddened about the way the current owners of the proud company I founded, and which held onto my name after my departure two years ago, have now dealt with my loyal and longtime customers,” said Saleen.

“The ones who have been left out in the cold are the loyal customers of Saleen products,” added Saleen, “While my new company, SMS Supercars, has no legal or moral obligation to take up any of the warranty claims against Saleen, Inc. or MJ Acquisitions, Inc., I would like to make a bold statement on the right way to treat customers.”

To this we applaud Steve for really doing what could be called the “make good” of the decade. Obviously, it is also a move to keep his name in good steed with the many loyal fans and customers. Many don’t always understand the disassociation between Steve Saleen and the Saleen Inc that has existed in the past few years. So to many not in the detailed know, Saleen is Saleen.

Steve has said, “If any Saleen customer in the United States who purchased a Saleen, Inc. product up until February 2, 2009, has a warranty claim, they can directly contact my new company, SMS Supercars. We will honor their remaining warranties as if they were SMS Supercars warranties.” SMS Supercars’ warranty terms will apply.

SMS Supercars is based in Orange County, California, and currently offers the SMS 570 Dodge Challenger, SMS 570X Dodge Challenger . Customers with warranty claims can contact the SMS Supercars warranty department at (714) 400-2121, warranty@smssupercars.com or visit www.smssupercars.com.

Bravo Steve!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Steve Saleen To Honor Saleen Warranties Empty Re: Steve Saleen To Honor Saleen Warranties

Post by Wolvee Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Yeah, I read that on BMC, that's pretty amazing.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down