WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midlands Drag Strip Feb 5

+3
FRCE_FED
ipchay61
jpac811
7 posters

Go down

Midlands Drag Strip Feb 5 Empty Midlands Drag Strip Feb 5

Post by jpac811 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am

I just found out that I have an 1/8 mile drag strip in my back yard. Im throwing out an invite to all of you to come out this Sunday, Feb 5th. Gates open at 2pm. $10 to watch and $10 to race so if you are planning on racing, bring $20. Cash only. There are bleachers and a small snack bar serving hot dogs, hamburgers and drinks. My wife, son and I went last weekend and we all had a great time. She actually drove more than I did. She is hooked!!

Here is the tracks website:
http://www.midlandsdragstrip.com/

Here is a video of last Sunday at this track:
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 144
Humor : anything funny
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium, Alloy
Mods: : 464WHP/438FT-LBS Whipple Supercharger, 3.5in Pulley, BBR 93oct dyno tuned w/SCT Xcal2, BBK long tubes, BBK o/r X, Borla cat back exhaust, Exedy Mach 500, Eibach Pro Kit, BBR LCAs, BBR Adj. Pan Hard Bar, 4300k HIDs, LED map lights/ turn signals/ side markers/ rear side markers/ reverse lights/ license plate light, Plasti dipped Pony/GT emblems, VHT'd front turn signals, rear side markers, tail lights, third brake light
Vids of both my rides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jpac811

Back to top Go down

Midlands Drag Strip Feb 5 Empty Re: Midlands Drag Strip Feb 5

Post by ipchay61 Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't have a helmet. Do they rent them there?
ipchay61
ipchay61
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 84
My Name: : Chip
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Mustang GT - Vista Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 pm

$20 for an 1/8 strip?! Is that normal down there?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 pm

ipchay61 wrote:I don't have a helmet. Do they rent them there?
They have helmets but its free to use them!!

FRCE_FED wrote:$20 for an 1/8 strip?! Is that normal down there?
Yeah its a bit more than I thought it would be but they gave me and the wife a deal. We were supposed to pay $40 total since we were 2 racers. We just had to pay $25 so I think they would work us a deal if enough people came out. So far, I have close to 10 people coming from work.
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : 464WHP/438FT-LBS Whipple Supercharger, 3.5in Pulley, BBR 93oct dyno tuned w/SCT Xcal2, BBK long tubes, BBK o/r X, Borla cat back exhaust, Exedy Mach 500, Eibach Pro Kit, BBR LCAs, BBR Adj. Pan Hard Bar, 4300k HIDs, LED map lights/ turn signals/ side markers/ rear side markers/ reverse lights/ license plate light, Plasti dipped Pony/GT emblems, VHT'd front turn signals, rear side markers, tail lights, third brake light
Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by saleenchick05 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:40 pm

This is about 5 minutes from my house. James used to race his drag car there quite a bit. It would be great if the whole group could meet up out here.
saleenchick05
saleenchick05
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Female Number of posts : 10
My Name: : Tiffany
My Ride/Rides: : 2005 Saleen
Mods: : O/R Pypes H pipe

https://www.facebook.com/stangmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by saleenchick05 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Chip...I'll let you use my pink one. Razz
saleenchick05
saleenchick05
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Female Number of posts : 10
My Name: : Tiffany
My Ride/Rides: : 2005 Saleen
Mods: : O/R Pypes H pipe

https://www.facebook.com/stangmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 am

saleenchick05 wrote:This is about 5 minutes from my house. James used to race his drag car there quite a bit. It would be great if the whole group could meet up out here.
Great!! Come on out Sunday!!

saleenchick05 wrote:

Chip...I'll let you use my pink one. Razz
I think he would look great in a pink one
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 am

ORP is a 1/4 drag where they have the US nationals and its 5 to watch and 15 to race... if you pay to race you dont have to pay an additional 5 to watch... sounds weird the way they are doin it
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 am

This is back woods southern country David. No other tracks for miles means they can charge what they want and people will pay it. I might be down for going, I'll have to check with the boss.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am

scstanger wrote:This is back woods southern country David. No other tracks for miles means they can charge what they want and people will pay it. I might be down for going, I'll have to check with the boss.
Exactly. The next closest track is Darlington whichis about 50 miles away or Jackson which is over 100 miles from where I live.

I hope you can come out Rich. This would be a great promo video footage opportunity. Maybe you can throw this on Facebook, or Myspace or Twitter or whatever you youngins are using now a days lol!
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 am

Already did sir! I just checked the weather and it's supposed to start raining Saturday and keep raining through Monday. We'll have to keep our eye on the sky! cyclops
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Of course. This always happens lol
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by ponygirl11 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Are they open every sunday? I have to work this week-end, but the next one
I'm off and would love to come, if not to race but watch and meet everyone.
ponygirl11
ponygirl11
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 49
My Name: : Nancy
My Ride/Rides: : 2011 gt grabber blue
1988 lx 5.0
95 gt (husband)
06 gto (husband)
Mods: : 88-just nitrous, underdrive pullies, off road exhaust
95-stroker 331 with carb
11-none yet
06-none

Back to top Go down

Post by ponygirl11 Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 pm

If everyone would like to meet on feb 12, my husband and I would love
to take our white lx. We went there one time when they first opened.

(everyone bring your wife or girlfriend so we can show you boys how its done)LOL
ponygirl11
ponygirl11
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 49
My Name: : Nancy
My Ride/Rides: : 2011 gt grabber blue
1988 lx 5.0
95 gt (husband)
06 gto (husband)
Mods: : 88-just nitrous, underdrive pullies, off road exhaust
95-stroker 331 with carb
11-none yet
06-none

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:02 pm

lol I think we are having a meet on the 12th so Ill be there not at the track. Check the February events thread and join us
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm

scstanger wrote:This is back woods southern country David. No other tracks for miles means they can charge what they want and people will pay it. I might be down for going, I'll have to check with the boss.

haha i guess im used to living in the middle of all the action here in indianapolis Smile without orp we have US41 about an hour away and muncie dragway which is an hour in another direction
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 pm

So if it doesn't rain tomorrow, you guys better be there or I might have a JDAM come get your car skullbones
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by my2005stanggt Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

As long as there is no dirt roads I'll try and show.
my2005stanggt
my2005stanggt
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Its a dirt road to get to the strip but its pretty smooth. My lowered Stang has no problem going. Ill be there a little after 2pm
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

It was a good turn out. A few of my buddies from work showed up. There were also 2 Fox Bodies, 1 SN-95, and 2 new edge Stangs out there. Ill upload vids later
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down