WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally my first time ever to a drag strip

3 posters

Go down

finally my first time ever to a drag strip Empty finally my first time ever to a drag strip

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 am

Saturday was my first time to a drag strip,it was so awesome.
i let my brother drive seeing how i was a little overwhelmed with everything that was going on there,but next time ill be behind the wheel our best time was 13.9548 @100.03mph and he missed 3rd,i know it will do alot better once i put it on a timing light and get a bigger carb...heres some pics and video
heres a couple camera videos
mine was 13.9548@100.3 other car 13.9031@104.43
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JfEkI1PgEs"]YouTube - milan phatstangs Black Sunshine2 Oct 11,2008[/url]
mine was 14.0511@100.88 other was 8.9349@150.43
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmI1NvlXZLU"]YouTube - milan phatstangs Black Sunshine Oct 11,2008[/url]

finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway017
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway016
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway022-1
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway021
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway025-1
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway013
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway014
finally my first time ever to a drag strip MilanDragway015

Back to top Go down

finally my first time ever to a drag strip Empty Re: finally my first time ever to a drag strip

Post by Wolvee Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JfEkI1PgEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmI1NvlXZLU

Looks Good.

If you want to post links then just use the basic URL link and use the icon at the top of the edit box.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

finally my first time ever to a drag strip Empty Re: finally my first time ever to a drag strip

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

thank you......im still trying to figure out how to use youtube it was my first time posting on there im also having trouble with the pic size for some reason.....

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 am

Very cool. It's pretty addicting I think I got about 30 passes in this year.
Do you have a short throw shifter in your car? That would help with the missing 3rd problem.
Now you need to show up at some of the T&T we go to as a club. Are you gonna make it to the meeting on Saturday?
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 am

it was because my little brother was driving and it was his first time driving my car(that day)lol....i have a pro 5.0 shifter,next time im going to be driving,i was also only opperating at 3/4 throttle,we fixed that at the last run,and he wasnt used to that either,im also lacking something when i get into the rpms,it starts to cut out@ about 5200,i think it needs a bigger carb i have a 650 holley double pumper on it and its a 351 windsor its running threw a msd 6al without the pill so i know its not that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 am

where is the tnt @

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am

The test and tunes are at 131 raceway in Martin. We are having a meeting this sat... thats what tim was askn it u were coming to

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Not bad for the first time on the strip! You'll definitely have to go with us on some t&t's next year. Wait a second, 131 raceway does have three more test dates still, Oct. 18th & 25th and Nov. 1st. :*naughty*: You think it's the size of the carb? My brother ran his '69 Mach1 (351w) with a Holley 650 and never had problems, I guess it could with your set-up though. You should come to the meeting on the 18th in Charlotte!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down