WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a little input :-)

3 posters

Go down

Need a little input :-) Empty Need a little input :-)

Post by KenScrib Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Ok I just changed out my sparkplugs, put a MSD igntion coil, new plug cables, and set the plugs at .54. When I really get on it the car seems like it dont want to go. I had this problem before I changed all this stuff, but it has seemed to have gotten worse. My brother and I think that the car is obviously making more power now, and that the clutch needs replacement, but not 100% sure. The plugs we pulled off were in pretty bad shape. I have heard all different kind of gap settings for the plugs, but I went with what was on my hood. Any suggestions on what else to check. We have checked to make sure all the plugs are in the correct spot on the distributor, and engine block. Any help would be awesome. :-)

KenScrib
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 21
My Ride/Rides: : 94 GT 5.0
Mods: : Cold air intake
lowered
BBK long tubes
BBK off road H pipe
Flowmaster exhaust
4:10 gears
FR 500 wheels

Back to top Go down

Need a little input :-) Empty Re: Need a little input :-)

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Did the instruction for the MSD coil say to leave the factory gap or open them a bit more?! I know a buddy of mine put a DIS in his and thats what the instructions stated.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 am

I don't have any of that so I'm of no use to you today. Sorry man. shrug

We'll see you Saturday! I met your brother last Saturday, very nice guy.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by KenScrib Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I will have to check the instructions

KenScrib
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

lowered
BBK long tubes
BBK off road H pipe
Flowmaster exhaust
FR 500 wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by KenScrib Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Well looks like its time for a new clutch. Thats the assumption we have ruled out a lot of other things. I changed the spark plug gaps 4 times even put on the old coil and still running like @$%#. I guess with as bad as those old plugs were, and they looked like someone chewed on them, it has made a big difference in my power and the clutch is finally given away with that extra power. Well it needed replacement before this but I guess I couldnt feel how bad it really was with those nasty plugs, and distributor was goin bad too. Why does everything go bad at one time :-)

Might have to get a ride with my bro this weekend to the meet :-(

KenScrib
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

lowered
BBK long tubes
BBK off road H pipe
Flowmaster exhaust
FR 500 wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 am

sorry to hear that man, i hear ya. Im looking to buy rotors/pads/ shocks and struts.. not looking forward to this purchase
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 am

The purchase sucks but the installs are fun! We usually get a group together and do the install together and have a lot of fun with it. I've never done a clutch but I'm sure that we can figure it out and I will be doing mine soon so we can get the gang together and save you the labor charges anyway. We work for beer! Anyway, David you need to push that move forward a bit and we'll help you with yours as well!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by KenScrib Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 am

Yeah goin to do mine as soon as possible when the parts come in from American Muscle. Can't drive a car with that much hp and not be able to use it :-). I just hope this solves my problem. We thought maybe the fuel filter was causing my problem but engine revs fine in neutral so it seems. Probably goin to change it anyway soon though. Hope to see you all on Sat might be a little late riding with my bro and he has to work too.

KenScrib
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

lowered
BBK long tubes
BBK off road H pipe
Flowmaster exhaust
FR 500 wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Come on out! We'll be leaving the Big Lots parking lot around 6:30 to go to Carolina Wings to eat and meet. Do you think that you guys will be there before then?
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:07 pm

always a good idea to change the fuel filter as its a couple bucks! Changing the clutch isnt bad but stabbing the damn manual trans into the car can be a PIA !! if you cant get it take a 30min beer brake and try again.. it can be frustrating
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:12 pm

What is this "stabbing" that you speak of? omg
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 pm

have to stab the input shaft of the trans into the clutch plate sometimes it doesnt wanna play nice.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down