WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE!

3 posters

Go down

NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! Empty NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE!

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:44 am

ok so this car is not for me its for a friend of mine but anyway the guy that is selling it wants $4500 dollars for it. It has 79,000 miles and is an automatic transmission. It is a 1997 ford mustang gt. The mustang has a trans leak and there is oil on the bottom of the car. It was hard to tell where it was coming from due to i could not lift the vehicle. Also after any kind of driving the fan was smoking it looked broke it did not spin well it looked lopsided if that makes since. The guy said he would take it to his mechanic and get these problems fixed. Anyway judging from the pictures and what i have told u do u think this is a fair price and also do you guys know of any more problems that these cars have? If you own one how do u like it?
NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! S506099404_602146_2547
NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! S506099404_602145_1904
NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! S506099404_602144_1250
NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! S506099404_602143_621
NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! S506099404_602142_9995
NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! S506099404_602141_9391
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE! Empty Re: NEED EVERYONES INPUT HERE PLEASE!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:21 am

It's an alright deal if everything gets fixed, including the top. You could probably find some with less miles for a little more without the problems. If your friend doesn't possibly mind traveling to another states to pick one up he could find better deals.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

I don't think $4500 is worth it. As Zak stated even with everything being fixed a better deal is to be had. Keep looking.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:37 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:It's an alright deal if everything gets fixed, including the top. You could probably find some with less miles for a little more without the problems. If your friend doesn't possibly mind traveling to another states to pick one up he could find better deals.
yeah she is kind of in a hurry and it doens't have to be a mustang she just came across this car and knew that i knew mustangs and asked me to come look at it what do u guys think a good price would be
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Well my car is a 99 and it has 160,000 and I bought her for 4 grand. So, just by looking at this car, I personally don't think it's worth it. Granted down the road I will probably have to mess with a new motor. :*woohoo*:

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:51 pm

COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Then I got one hell of a deal!!!!!! Happy dance :^dancer^:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 pm

I'm sure if you went onto autotrader you could find some 94-98 with 60-70k miles for around $5000 that are in good shape. I looked at a white gt convertible a while ago up in carmel with 55k miles and he said he would do $4800, the only thing that was wrong with it was there were some scratches in the paint. If there weren't all kinds of problems I would say it is a pretty good deal. Did the person say they would fix the top?

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:57 pm

COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:58 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:I'm sure if you went onto autotrader you could find some 94-98 with 60-70k miles for around $5000 that are in good shape. I looked at a white gt convertible a while ago up in carmel with 55k miles and he said he would do $4800, the only thing that was wrong with it was there were some scratches in the paint. If there weren't all kinds of problems I would say it is a pretty good deal. Did the person say they would fix the top?
i don't know about the top but he is pretty much fixing everything else and she priced out tops they are only like $200 or something like that its really not to bad
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 pm

That's not bad, I thought that a top would be more than that! Have you seen the car personally and have you drove it? That would be my next step, pictures are to hard to really go by sometimes. But, Zaks car.... I would go just by the pictures in a heart beat, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Woops, I am a retard, maybe I should read a full post. geek

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 pm

yeah its really not to bad but i mean i just wanted some opnions from everyone
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 pm

if he gets everything but the top fixxed then its really not a bad price for a convertible but i would make sure to check that the top still works because it is a lot more expensive if you gotta start replacing the motors. I have a 95 and a 98 and the only problems i have experienced is a slight radiator leak in the 95 (gotta add a gallon every 2 or 3 months). And the head light switches are notorious for going out and catching fire but you can replace them for $35...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 pm

yeah man it still works we had it up and down quite a few times yesterday just to make sure hey appreciate the input
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm

COLE wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:I'm sure if you went onto autotrader you could find some 94-98 with 60-70k miles for around $5000 that are in good shape. I looked at a white gt convertible a while ago up in carmel with 55k miles and he said he would do $4800, the only thing that was wrong with it was there were some scratches in the paint. If there weren't all kinds of problems I would say it is a pretty good deal. Did the person say they would fix the top?
i don't know about the top but he is pretty much fixing everything else and she priced out tops they are only like $200 or something like that its really not to bad

Ya you can find the actual tops for 150-200 but to have them installed can be expensive. I know some girl who had her top slashed at iupui and she said it cost 800 to get the top replaced. She had the 99-04 body style. But you may be able to replace it yourself or with some help, not really sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:49 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:

Ya you can find the actual tops for 150-200 but to have them installed can be expensive. I know some girl who had her top slashed at iupui and she said it cost 800 to get the top replaced. She had the 99-04 body style. But you may be able to replace it yourself or with some help, not really sure.
yeah i don't think i will be doing any of the work to this car she has some body that does it all for her but thats cool dude will let her know about that
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down