WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return

5 posters

Go down

Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return Empty Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return

Post by Danstang Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return LasVegas417

This week it is being reported by AutoWeek magazine that Shelby American is considering bringing back the GT-H Hertz Mustang next spring.

The move would be part of the company’s 50th Anniversary celebration and according to Autoweek, use a naturally aspirated 5.0 V8 Mustang as a basis for the car. The 2012 or 2013 GT-H would be available in black with gold stripes or white with gold.

Shelby American is said to be gauging interest in the program which would prepare a number of cars for the Hertz rental car agency as before. Whether the cars would be a partnership with Ford as in 2006 and 2007 or a post-title program to Hertz is unknown.

The 2006 and 2007 Shelby GT-H were enormously popular in the Hertz rental fleets, gaining a lot of attention and business. Then the cars were auctioned off when Hertz was done with them, which brought an average of $60,000 – $70,000 each. The cars then went into the retail market for even more money.

Shelby American built the original GT-350H Mustangs back in 1966 which have been legendary collectors. In 2012 the company will celebrate 50 years in the sports car building business.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return Empty Re: Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return

Post by Danstang Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:30 pm

I sure hope they bring it back, gotta do more of this:

Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return Empty Re: Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang May Return

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:01 am

ha, always a classic from you dan!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Supercheese Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Nice!
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 99
My Name: : Joe D
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT and 1966 Coupe
Mods: : 2001 GT.. way too much.
1966 Coupe.. bone stock original

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:17 am

Your video should be the new commercial for it dan!!...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 am

That video makes me happy everytime I see it.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 pm

That vid makes me miss that car every time I see it..........pure joy to drive!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down