WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled

5 posters

Go down

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Empty 2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled

Post by Danstang Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:15 am

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled 2011gt10

History continues to play out on the Mustang stage both looking forward and back. Tonight Carroll Shelby made his trademark jokes about “going flat” and casting his longevity off as a feather in the wind to the crowd at the Barrett-Jackson opening gala. The evening marks the celebration of the 45th Anniversary of the Shelby GT-350 Mustang.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Cov10-18

After remarks of race car driver Rick Titus and Shelby American President Amy Boylan the cover was pulled on the car that Carroll said may be his last hoorah. The 2011 Shelby GT-350 edition Mustang concept represents the resurrection of the famous icon, a car that will be offered later this year in small numbers to a select few. “Provided I’m here, I’m gonna drive each car as it comes off the assembly line, sign it and put the serial number on it”, Shelby said to the crowd.

The first look at a supercharged 5.0 Mustang, the Shelby GT350 concept was quite a shock to the assembled thousands gathered in the big tent at Barrett-Jackson Auction tonight. In creating the new car, the Shelby American team worked with experts from Ford Racing, Goodyear, Borla, Cragar and Baer to create a car that is fast and has razor sharp handling befitting the iconic GT-350.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Cov10-20

Every segment of the car is enhanced or replaced to create the ultimate balanced performance pony car that is true to the spirit of the 1965-1970 MY Shelby GT350. This includes replacement of all non-metal body panels including the front and rear fascias. A custom hood is added along with a completely new rear end treatment that includes center dual exhaust, a retro-themed set of back-up lights, and a blacked out rear tail panel.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Cov10-19

Under that hood is our first view of a Ford Racing supercharger on the new 5.0 engine. While horsepower specs have not been released, Shelby states the goal of 500 horsepower. The supercharger sits between a handsome set of Shelby blue valve covers with billet trim.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Cov10-21

Big Baer brakes with functional cooling ducts are at each corner to stop the new GT-350. Around those binders are exclusive 19” Cragar wheels and Goodyear rubber. The suspension was upgraded with new Ford Racing springs, struts, sway bars and adjustable caster/camber plates.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Cov10-22

The new GT-350 will come in any color you want as long as it is white with guardsman blue Le Mans stripes. Functional scoops are located on the side rockers and hood. GT-350 badges on the outside and inside include a Shelby serial number. The A pillar carries a fuel pressure, oil pressure and boost gauge.

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Cov10-23

Perhaps disappointing to some is that this new Shelby GT-350 is a post title program. This means that you have to purchases a car from your local Ford Dealer and then ship it off to Shelby to be converted. Your new 2011 Mustang GT and a check for $33,995 is all you need. Owners will be able to order their new Shelby GT-350 through a dealership and have it drop-shipped to Shelby in Las Vegas.

Inside and out Shelby has poured on the doo-dads to make this car a very comprehensive package. While this is all good, one has to wonder why so much is added when the original Shelby GT-350 made it’s path through the history books on it’s plain wrapper persona. But while we here would have been very pleased with a lightened up plain-Jane white Mustang GT with blue stripes, and all the mechanical mods to make the music, we understand there is a market out there for a full boat ride.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Empty Re: 2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled

Post by scstanger Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:29 am

Not a big fan of the tail pipes in the middle but I think that it is definitely an awesome ride.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled Empty Re: 2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang Unveiled

Post by Wolvee Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 pm

GaGa.....Gaaa. I love it.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 pm

OH IM SOOOO SELLING THE ROUSH AND L!!!!
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:09 pm

this is sweet!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down