WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iacocca Red Edition Mustang

+6
Eturner
JUSTAGT
BRADTHEBLADE
scstanger
Destination S197
Danstang
10 posters

Go down

Iacocca Red Edition Mustang Empty Iacocca Red Edition Mustang

Post by Danstang Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 am

Iacocca Red Edition Mustang Adsc_012

Iacocca Red Edition Mustang Adsc_013

When Lee Iacocca came forward and announced he would build a small 45 of his own special Mustang it made huge news. The highly customized Iacocca Mustang starts with a 2009 model as a rolling chassis but undergoes a huge transformation through the artistry of hand shaped metal work. This is very much unlike many tuner cars that simply get a plastic or fiberglas body kit attached.

Seen at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, the Iacocca Mustang you see here is a one of a kind Red Edtion, number 44. Built and offered through Galpin Auto Spots, the Iacocca Mustang is a collaboration between Lee Iacocca, designer Michael Leone, and Gaffolglio Family Metalcrafters. The company calls itself “I Legacy”. Their customized Mustang features redesigned front fascia side skirts and designer touches throughout. Making this car special is the metal work and hand crafted customization that goes well beyond the “body kit” of many tuner-cars.

This custom metal fabrication can especially be seen in the rear flanks of the custom c-pillar, side profile and rear deck-lid. The crafters created sculpted inset lines in the upper rear vent area and raised the roofline. It makes the 1960’s fastback silhouette come alive in a very special way.

Based on the Mustang GT, buyers can opt for a standard 4.6 liter V8 or a 400hp supercharged version, both covered by factory warranty. You can have any transmission you want as long as it is a 5-speed manual. Suspension comes courtesy of Ford Racing and you can opt for the larger 14” brakes as well. A unique design 20” aluminum wheel is wrapped in Goodyear Eagle RSA 24/45 rubber to fill the wheel wells proper.

Lee saw to it that this car has a sense of Italian class. Nowhere is this more apparent than the interior which has custom stitched leather hides that evoke images of Italian concept cars of the past. Interior touches also include serial number and signed dash plaque. Special Iacocca badging is found stitched into the seating, on the hood and rear deck-lid.

With all of the previously produced Iacocca Edition Mustangs being silver, this is a one of a kind opportunity to get one that is even more special. More information: www.galpinautosports.com
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Iacocca Red Edition Mustang Empty Re: Iacocca Red Edition Mustang

Post by Destination S197 Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:47 am

I think the back profile and on top of the decklid is too rounded but I like where he went with it to bring in the old fastback look.
Destination S197
Destination S197
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

drool
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:16 pm

ok i love the mustang but how many differant types are there now 1 or 2 hundred i have lost count.i am glad to see that metal work has not died off totally yet.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

I WANT ONE!!!
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm

I WANT ONE!!!..... But in black or Dark Shadow Grey!!....
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by JTTISON Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:59 am

I liked the silver one....not 2 sure about the red tho. Agree with post about the deck lid, too rounded and seems unfinished. But hey, thats y the make different models!
JTTISON
JTTISON
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 22
My Name: : Jay
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Cobra convertible, 1996 GT
Mods: : 2003 Cobra convertible*****my Dream car just purchased in Feb 2011******took me 6 yrs to find her but paid off, only 13K on odometer, is mostly stock other than pulleys and exhaust....96 is built, car is ready for supercharger just not sure thats what i want to do.....

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 pm

its a look to come! fastbacks are gonna make a comeback in 2015 ?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 am

Look at that paint job. That car is Kick Ass! The car is featured in one of my Mustang Magazines and the numbers it produces are amazing, I just wonder why we need 1000+ H.P. on the street. What does a car like that feel like.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 am

A car like that would feel great!!!..... Just to know that you could beat the snott out of any thing out there!!!...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Ya that is the right idea. I want one too!!!!!!

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Eh.. I can take it or leave it. Rare is cool but it isn't always pretty.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Sxynerd wrote:Eh.. I can take it or leave it. Rare is cool but it isn't always pretty.

+1
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 am

To be honest red is not my color but if it were orange or Yellow, midnight blue I could love it.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down