WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trading out the gears

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trading out the gears Empty Trading out the gears

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:22 pm

After talking it over with many different people. I finally decided to go on ahead and swap the 4:10's i had for some 3:73's. With the power i plan on throwing down N/A i think 3:73's are going to work better for my application.

Who else has gears or is planning on doing them?

Back to top Go down

Trading out the gears Empty Re: Trading out the gears

Post by COLE Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 pm

i have 3.73's to put in i just need a master bearing and rebuild kit
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Yeah i gotta get the rebuild kit also. Who is doing yours and what are they charging?

I haven't found a decent price anywhere unless i remove the axle

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:55 pm

man i am doing my own with the help of some buddies we all went to auto schools. i am sure if its not to terribly difficult which i doubt it is that we might be able to do urs to
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm

that would be sweet. only thing i am worried about is gear whine. I had it when i got my 4:10's in and it was annoying as heck!

If you guys are willing to do it i know pat needs his put in also

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 pm

like i said dude let me see how bad it is and how long it takes us and what have u and i will let u know. if u need it like right away then idk man u should probably look somewhere else but i will get to u asap
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm

O no i don't need them asap. I've been waiting for a while. If all goes smooth get back with me, if not, i dont' want it to be another PITA for yah. I found a place that would do them for 250 but i have to rip the axle it. kinda stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:22 pm

well right on man we will see what happens i will let u know
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Steve! you have 4.10's in there now?? or do you have stock gears?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Gears are definitely a tedious task especially to install them correctly without any whine. I had a slight whine with mine when I switched to 4.10s.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Why would you wanna go down to 3.73 N/A? im just curious I would figure 4.10 would be a great N/A gear
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Murph wrote:Why would you wanna go down to 3.73 N/A? im just curious I would figure 4.10 would be a great N/A gear

Ya I would agree if you plan on staying N/A then you probably want to go with 4.10s. And go with 3.73s if you plan on doing some kind of forced induction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 pm

I have stock gears. The 4:10's are sitting outside my room. So you guys think i should stay with the 4:10's?

I plan on heads cams, aiming for around 350-375HP N/A. I need for 3 votes in one direction. I cant decide. I just dont want to have to shift like right after i launch

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:00 am

I would stick with the 4.10 if your going N/A ! if you want a mild supercharge gear then you might consider 3.73 but in turbo application most people use anywhere from a 3.55 to a 3.73 just an fyi (at least what I've picked up)
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:02 am

I dont want a power adder. I like N/A set-ups. That just my thing. lol. I change my mind every 2.5 seconds. I'm gonna sleep on this one. I already have the exchange rma so i can send em or not.

so 4:10's FTW?

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:09 am

4.10's Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:14 am

Alright, i'm holding you accountable if i don't like them! haha just kidding man.

I think i should just keep them. Cause you can always go down if it's too much. I seriously have changed my mind like 30 times today. I'll do those and then tune and suspension next. then comes the motor!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:42 am

sounds good man, i'd do suspension really soon after those gears though, first gears going to be almost worthless lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:48 am

yeah....that's what im afraid of. I don't want it to be like, I take off and shift. But i mean if it's going to be the best set-up then so be it.

I'm not familiar with suspension really. What are going to be my first big projects. Spring, Shock/Struts, subframes and then control arms?

I know this is a very noob question but would i be able to do a low 13 with those suspension mods and the 4:10's with some DR's. Basically. I'm looking for the biggest bangs first, then the things that take off .1 and .01's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:20 am

thats pretty much it for a good street/strip suspension. Some good full length subframes, and springs. Some 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks is a combo i've seen work really well. Definately double adjustable uppers ( i like GMS, look exactly like UPR but cheaper), set the pinion angle at -3 degrees. Dnt really need adjustable lowers IMO in fact you could just get poly bushings for your stocks. If you're doing lowers i'd do the springs at the same time since you have to drop them anyway.

this is exacly what I plan on doing except me and my dad plan to make my subframe connectors and actually connect the connectors

But with the 410's without suspension you'll spin like crazy if you try to launch at all....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 am

and yea that suspension, the gears and some sticky tires i would think you could get under 13.5 based on your best time

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:32 am

Lol yup Smile 90/10 fronts would be crazy!!! have you seen them in person? I just bought 70/30 and Im hoping those will be ok on the street. but i cant imagine 90/10's, let me know the 411 on that plz
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:40 am

we have them on the fox body drag car i help with. it was initially a street car until my dad was welding the torque boxes and ended up stripping the interior in about 2 minutes (with fire oops). thats why its a strictly drag car now. Anyway, he drove it on the street plenty and said it handled just fine even in the corners. I may be wrong but i think pat (mustangmaniac) said he was running 90/10's up front. I cant remember for sure, i've drank since we talked about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:28 am

He's got tokico ajustables. Yeah, See that's what i'm afraid of, not being able to hook at all and running even slower than i do now. If i end up changing jobs here in the next few weeks i will definately have alot of this stuff done soon.

Thanks for the helps guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 am

Murph wrote:4.10's Smile

I agree. approve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next