WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 valve swap

3 posters

Go down

4 valve swap Empty 4 valve swap

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey, hope someone can answer some questions for me. I have a 96 gt that I would like to swap a 4 valve engine into. I have a complete 98 Mark viii for parts and was wondering how much more would be needed. I know I will need headers to fit my car what else will I be getting myself into?

Back to top Go down

4 valve swap Empty Re: 4 valve swap

Post by Wolvee Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Intake, coolant tube, The alternator may be different but I can't be positive. There's a few small things like that but, yes it will work.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:32 pm

as long as you got the whole car its not that bad... check with BraMas he has done this in his car and knows everything involved... i know he told me to make sure i got all the tubing because if you buy just the motor they leave out some radiator line or something that you need and its outrageous.. but yeah shoot an email to timklinger@hotmail.com, and he should be able to tell ya what ever you need to know

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks for the info. I've talked to you guys @ the 28th st. cruise a couple of times and figured someone would know what to do. I am in love w/ my car but it sure is a turd. Both of my kids cars can spank mine and that just is not right. My daughters 97 gt is bone stock and pulls on mine bad. I was also wondering about the computer, will I be able to use my 5spd. w/ the Lincoln computer. Sorry if thats a doumb question but I'm a little old school when it comes to this computer stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:37 pm

I remember your car. You were there with your dad? And you have the Mach1 hood. (No not the shaker)
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:49 pm

No Mike, he didn't have the shaker, he had this:
4 valve swap 188

Nice to hear from you purple96gt. Tim I believe it was, right?

BTW, the wiring harness goes to the left side on the MarkVIII and it's not long enough to make it to the right side on your 'stang. You will have to put on a new wiring harness (the connections are different too if I remember correctly). I will PM you a great piece of info for a 4v swap.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey Dan, your right my name is Tim. Thanks for any info you guys can conjure up. I really want to make this work on a reasonable budget as I have lost my job of 26 years and am currently faced w/ going back to school to learn a new trade. I recently bought a truck as everthing I am doing these days to make a buck requires one, so that leaves the lincoln avail. for parts. I figure its worth more to me for the drivetrain than to sell it to someone 2k.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Danstang wrote:No Mike, he didn't have the shaker, he had this:
4 valve swap 188

Nice to hear from you purple96gt. Tim I believe it was, right?

BTW, the wiring harness goes to the left side on the MarkVIII and it's not long enough to make it to the right side on your 'stang. You will have to put on a new wiring harness (the connections are different too if I remember correctly). I will PM you a great piece of info for a 4v swap.

I know...That hood is the original Mach1 hood. That's why I said, No not the shaker. Some people feel the need to try and correct people so I corrected them before they had a chance to, lol.

That's the car and person I thought it was.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm

By the way barney ( as my wife calls it) looks quite abit different now. When I figure out how to post pics I will put them on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:26 pm

You can copy and paste the IMG from a Photobucket account (it's free) and place the IMG into the area where post/reply or you can upload from your computer in the same area with the "host an image" icon.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:38 pm

[img]4 valve swap DSCN0142[/img]

This is how the mustang looks now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Looks great! Much better touch with those wheels....and you lowered it too.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Sxynerd wrote: Some people feel the need to try and correct people so I corrected them before they had a chance to, lol.

That's the car and person I thought it was.
Na, I wasn't correcting, just agreeing with a pic. Laughing
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down