WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Valve Cover Help

Go down

Need Valve Cover Help Empty Need Valve Cover Help

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Well, I purchased the chrome BBK valve covers to go on my GT and now I am having problems with the driver side. I can get every bolt on except for the rear bottom bolt. The aftermarket covers are larger than the stock ones and the new bolts are hex heads instead of the old bolts. The location of the bolt is in a place where I can not get a wrench, elbow, or anything to it to try and secure it. I tried to use the old bolt because I know I got it off so I should be able to get it on, but it is shorter than the new ones and is not long enough. I was going to go to the BOSS car show tomorrow but my car is in the garage in pieces. Then I am entered in the Slammin & Jammin show in Lebanon which is Saturday and Sunday next week but can not do anything until I get my ride together. If anyone has any suggestions or knows someone that could help then please let me know. Thanks

Jason

Back to top Go down

Need Valve Cover Help Empty Re: Need Valve Cover Help

Post by billfisher Fri May 15, 2009 11:27 pm

hey dude remove the hydro-boost bolts and move it a bit. check thebrake lines afterwards for leaks.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down